• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pogies Thread - As promised

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
UPDATE

Got a digital scale on Saturday and weighed Pogie

WOW shes gained weight in a month, was 200 on 2 May 2010

Now she weighs 294 gramms

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
OK so I decided to measure and weigh her again today

Last time was on 26 June

Today she weighed 339 gramms and measured 19.48 inches .... YEAH

I can see shes growing slower, but guess thats normal as shes 9 Months and 1 week old now. They will according to what Ive read, slow down growing length wise and start to fill out width wise as they near adulthood which is only 3 months away.

She is also eating less crickets now that Im feeding her LARGE cricks instead of Mediums. Used to be 30-50 mediums a day, now about 15-25 Large ones.

With her other teddy under her basking platform
SNC00661.jpg

Spending some time in the coooool end
SNC00637.jpg

Laura

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Monique, that all looks GREAT!!!
Where did you get the harness/lead from??

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi, Thanx

Got the leash from a pet store, its actually intended for marmosetts, but works GR8 for beardies too

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
OK as promised in another thread. Pogie had her first real photoshoot.

BTW she HATES the flash LOL

IMG_2625.jpg

IMG_2629.jpg

IMG_2519.jpg

IMG_2618.jpg

IMG_2622.jpg

IMG_2521.jpg

IMG_2623.jpg

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi all,

Since I cant let my fear of Pogie getting lost keep depriving her of all the things I read peeps do with their beardies, I found a compromise for us both (temporary till I get over my fear LOL)
I also want to take her outside to the shops / school / friends . . . wherever.

I found Jaydee's old vet cage and cleaned it out today. So I put P in it when I went to fetch the kids from school. See she cant get out or lost, but can still see everything that's going on. When we got home we sat outside in the NATURAL sun for about 20 mins and then came back inside.

She handled the ride fairly well I think. She wasn't breathing heavily that I could see and she was alert en looking around 70% of the time. Although she didn't move an inch, just one time when someone walking by startled her, she went pancaking on the floor. She didn't beard / flare up / hiss and even her stress marks are barely visible.

So all in all a successful 1st step towards more outdoor time. Albeit in the cage for now

Here are some pics

In the car . . .
SNC00670.jpg

SNC00671.jpg

Catching some rays after the trip
SNC00673.jpg

clh321

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
cool! i bet that pogie sure enjoys those sun rays! Nice idea about the vet carrier!

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
cool! i bet that pogie sure enjoys those sun rays! Nice idea about the vet carrier!

Yeah I think she did. Only now shes acting really weird. Glass dancing like a mad hatter. I tried offering crickets 3x already, she RUNS away from them as if scared. She wont eat her salad. And when I tried putting on her leash to take her out she ran away. Shes got no prob with head rubbing though . . . Strange little creatures these

While on this topic, do you guys think I could use the vet carrier daily for about 30 min for some natural UVB ???

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Some new pics......
She just turned 1 recently and now weighs 364 gramms

IMG_3146.jpg

IMG_3142.jpg

IMG_3140.jpg

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Wow what a difference you have made in this dragons life. From a black little stick of a creature to the beautiful beardie now pictured. Amazing and a testament to your undoubtedly wonderful husbandry.

Latest posts