• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pogies Thread - As promised

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Absolutely gorgeous....and well worth every second! Love it!

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanx Craig

A few of her in the NEW viv

"Well if you dont wanna give me a real hide. Ill make my own"
SNC00189.jpg

SNC00184.jpg

SNC00191.jpg

SNC00183.jpg

SNC00186.jpg

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Is that basking rock made of foam? If so, how does it hold the heat? I desperately need to do something like that as the rocks I have in Frodo's viv are WAY too heavy....and I'm afraid I'm going to end up hurting myself.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Is that basking rock made of foam? If so, how does it hold the heat? I desperately need to do something like that as the rocks I have in Frodo's viv are WAY too heavy....and I'm afraid I'm going to end up hurting myself.

One of the main reasons of switching too, got to be a hassle to remove the real rocks due to their weight when cleaning and when the odd cricket would escape from the jar.
Theyre getting clever the little rascals, climb onto her head which severely irritates her, she shakes her head to get them off and they go flying into the viv. LOL ;D

Anywyas to get to your Q
Made of styrofoam / polystyrene
Grouted and painted and sealed.

Gets nice and toasty while the lamps are on , but doesnt stay warm all night like a real rock would.
I put her on a blankie when she falls asleep and my house stays above 65 during summer and in winter i got the CHE from above to keep her toasty.

Does this help any. :-\

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Aint she just gorgeous?
(I know probably not supposed to goo goo and ga ga over her this way) :eek:
Im just so HAPPY shes BACK to normal. :D ;D :D ;D

SNC00205.jpg

SNC00207.jpg

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Pogie said:

One of the main reasons of switching too, got to be a hassle to remove the real rocks due to their weight when cleaning and when the odd cricket would escape from the jar.
Theyre getting clever the little rascals, climb onto her head which severely irritates her, she shakes her head to get them off and they go flying into the viv. LOL ;D

Anywyas to get to your Q
Made of styrofoam / polystyrene
Grouted and painted and sealed.

Gets nice and toasty while the lamps are on , but doesnt stay warm all night like a real rock would.
I put her on a blankie when she falls asleep and my house stays above 65 during summer and in winter i got the CHE from above to keep her toasty.

Does this help any. :-\

Absolutely! As mine don't sleep on their rocks anyway, this would be a perfect solution! Looks like I've got something else to put on my "to do" list.

Thanks Monique!

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sooooo, her head was all dull getting ready for a shed.

SNC002312.jpg

And yesterday when i woke up she looked like shed been in a pillow fight (but not with feathers, with skin LOL)
Needless to say she was in a MOOD.

SNC00249.jpg

SNC00250.jpg

On this one it almost seems like she wants to plead saying "HEEEEEEEEEEEELP ME"

SNC002512.jpg

She was running and scratching - like a dog, and rubbung all day.
This morning i found this.

SNC00255.jpg

SNC002572.jpg

ALL done. Yippee

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Looking good. Yikes those nose plugs. Those used to drive me crazy. Would always want to pull them out for Spyro, never did though I was a good girl.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She reminds me of Sam....with that Jabba chin! ;D

Great pics, Monique!

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well ive been searching as it seems FOREVER to get it, and today it happened. I FOUND IT

The PERFECT tile, rough texture, sealed, matches the decor (Seems to good to be true)

Ill let you judge for yourselves

SNC00338.jpg

SNC00335.jpg

dragonskeeper

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I have to tell ya pogie does not even look like the same beardie as when you first got her. Her colors are amazing now. You have worked wonders with her. Just goes to show how far a little tlc goes. Thank you for shareing her story. i hope you have inspired at least one owner to do right by their dragons. Everyone on this forum are good people who truly care for their pets and will go out of thier way to help others. Once again thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanx Craig,

Oh wow dragonskeeper,thank you so much for your kind words. It means a lot :)

Latest posts