• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

It's Chaos!:)

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
most fruits shud not be fed 2 often, only as occasional treats. the fruits i feed my beardie are: blueberries, raspberries(he doesn't like em 2 much), mango, prickley pear cactus pad(dunno if it's considered a fruit er green er wut)& pineapple & apples(once in a blue moon)

I.heart.my.bd

Juvenile Dragon
wow- it's been a while since I updated on Chaos..he is doing great!! He's so big now too and is eating great!! Can I please get info on how to cut down his claws because they are super long and sharp...Here is a very recent photo of Chaos:)

Attachments

• chaosandI.jpg
    chaosandI.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 34

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Chaos is looking great. His nails don't appear to need trimming in the Pic.

If you really feel it is necessary, please do not use regular fingernail clippers to trim them, they are not built for this purpose & crush\splinter\crack more than cut cleanly when cutting something round. A good quality pair of clippers can be found at your local pet store, the kind used for cats & small dogs with the 'V' or round cutters, should be used. You have to be very careful not to cut to the 'Quip' or nerves & make it bleed. It is a good idea to have a small amount of Corn Starch or Flour in a bottle cap or something handy to dip the claw into, should this happen. It will help slow down the bleeding.

Here are a couple of pics or diagrams to give you an idea of where to cut.

BDnailclipping2.jpg
BDnailclipping.jpg

Personally I keep a rock or 2 in the enclosure to work as an emery board on their nails as they walk & climb on it, to help keep them in check. Once\if they get to the point of being so long that their toes are twisting sideways, then I clip about an eighth of an inch or less off, wait a couple of weeks for the 'Quip' to recede, then do it again, if needed.

I.heart.my.bd

Juvenile Dragon
Chaos now eats ALL of his greens (which is a pretty large amount) and crickets, mealworms, and superworms. He also has a new friend in the house, an aquatic turtle, named Tucker:) He is settled nicely into his tank with all proper lighting and equipment and loves his shrimp food:) its actually VERY peaceful to watch him swim around!

Pat B

Super Moderator
When you measure a dragon....do you measure from nose to tip of tail?? It seems on dragons....the tail is longer than the body??

Pat B

Super Moderator
ok....thanks....my dragon has a stubby tail and i think he was the runt of the litter....he is a little boy for 5 months

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
ok....thanks....my dragon has a stubby tail and i think he was the runt of the litter....he is a little boy for 5 months
Makes it more difficult then to figure out the exact size because that's how I've noticed people measuring them. Maybe you could take the measurements to the beginning of the tail and just specify that? But most measurements you see in posts that tell you how big they're supposed to be at what age and what not are going to have measured it from nose to tip of tail more than likely.

Pat B

Super Moderator
OK....i will measure the little boy with an attitude and mention the stubby tail!! thanks aleena from utah?? where in the world is utah?? just kidding....about 3000 miles from south carolina!!

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
OK....i will measure the little boy with an attitude and mention the stubby tail!! thanks aleena from utah?? where in the world is utah?? just kidding....about 3000 miles from south carolina!!
LOL when I lived in FL and told my neighbors I came from Utah they thought I had come from another country... She was all excited when she found out that Utah was in the United states about a year later :rolleyes:. Couldn't take my word for it lol!

Latest posts