• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

It's Chaos!:)

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
yea I put fresh greens in every day and he doesn't fuss with them; could be his age and just not interested yet...I put some baby food on my finger and he licked it right off...
He's still at that age where he hasn't quite figgered out what to do with that green stuff in his tank ;) He'll get to them eventually.

I.heart.my.bd

Juvenile Dragon
Chaos has gotten use to his day/night schedule...within a few minutes of turning the lights out, he is asleep!

Attachments

• Chaossleepyspot.jpg
    Chaossleepyspot.jpg
    784.4 KB · Views: 33

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Chaos is still doing very well:) Very active in the tnk and seems to have his days/night figured out:) He eats like crazy though...lol
I bet! I've started going through about 4 doz 1/4" crickets/day with four of these little guys. Two of them were eating so well they've already moved on to their next home. Sounds like Chaos is going to be a healthy dragon! I'm so happy for you :D.

I.heart.my.bd

Juvenile Dragon
Choas is going thru his shedding period right now and seems to be irriatable so tonight I took the crickets out earlier than I normally do for him so he could relax. Normally he is chasing them around and I take them out before lights out, but tonight he wasn't having them so I took them out for him early and now he is just calmly basking himself before lights out:) My poor baby doesnt want to be bothered! SN: I went into PetSmart tonight and saw a guy getting crickets for his one year old beardie and his beardie was so pretty and cute and FRIENDLY!! I loved it! He even let me hold his beardie, I was like I can't wait for my Chaos to get that big!

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Choas is going thru his shedding period right now and seems to be irriatable so tonight I took the crickets out earlier than I normally do for him so he could relax. Normally he is chasing them around and I take them out before lights out, but tonight he wasn't having them so I took them out for him early and now he is just calmly basking himself before lights out:) My poor baby doesnt want to be bothered! SN: I went into PetSmart tonight and saw a guy getting crickets for his one year old beardie and his beardie was so pretty and cute and FRIENDLY!! I loved it! He even let me hold his beardie, I was like I can't wait for my Chaos to get that big!
Don't rush it! He'll be big before you know it :). Chaos is such a cutie!

I.heart.my.bd

Juvenile Dragon
I dont know what's going on with Chaos the past few days:( He has been really "shady" lately. Constantly putting his little beard out and opening his mouth up to us a lot! He is over his shedding, but hasn't been friendly at all since going thru his shedding...I don't know if this is normal behavior or not but he just hasn't been friendly:(

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They have what we would interpret as moods, just like anything else. When it comes to behavior, what may be 'normal' for one or a few, may not be 'normal' for others. Different BDs, different temperaments, demeanors can change quickly. I have mentioned this several times ...
Although, BDs are well known for their ability to 'Tolerate' handling well, these are not Cat's or Dogs, and should not be treated as such. Most would be just as happy to be left alone. Extended time outside of the enclosure, robs them of the required heat & basking time required to digest their food & needed exposure to the UVB source that must be provided in order for their body to manufacture Vit D3, which in turn allows their system to properly process their much needed Calcium intake.
IMHO ~ Very few reptiles are really hands on pets. Because of a characteristic of 'Tolerating' handling well, displayed by many or most, it is often erringly thought that BDs 'Love' to be continually handled or mauled by their keepers.
When in truth, for the most part, the above quote is more of the truth. At times they just have enough of it. If a cuddly pet is desired, possibly a furry one should be chosen.

I.heart.my.bd

Juvenile Dragon
They have what we would interpret as moods, just like anything else. When it comes to behavior, what may be 'normal' for one or a few, may not be 'normal' for others. Different BDs, different temperaments, demeanors can change quickly. I have mentioned this several times ...IMHO ~ Very few reptiles are really hands on pets. Because of a characteristic of 'Tolerating' handling well, displayed by many or most, it is often erringly thought that BDs 'Love' to be continually handled or mauled by their keepers. When in truth, for the most part, the above quote is more of the truth. At times they just have enough of it. If a cuddly pet is desired, possibly a furry one should be chosen.
we dont hold him often at all! I was trying to get him out for a bath and he acts all crazy now! :(

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Maybe he wants a longer Bath ;), hard to say. As new keepers, we quite often read much more into every little behaviour change, than what is actually there.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
we dont hold him often at all! I was trying to get him out for a bath and he acts all crazy now! :(
I've heard that their personality changes quite drastically from baby to juvie to adult as well. How often is not very often? It is quite possible that he's just not familiar enough with handling and sees you as a possible threat :(

I.heart.my.bd

Juvenile Dragon
it has been awhile since i wrote about Chaos...he IS still alive!!! he is doing great in fact and starting nipping at his greens...he eats A LOT now and has gotten quite fat. people who come say, OMG, he is getting huge and is quite fat...lol...he came out of his mood and is back to Chaos:) He has quite the personality of climbing on his thermometer still...trying to climb up cage and then falling down..my son finds it quite histerical in fact. He is has gotten MUCH better with catching crickets too:) super proud of my Chaos and his development!! Pics to come:)

Latest posts