• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help me! What wrong with my 3 1/2 yo dragon

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
At 3 12 years that is to hot maybe drop it to 95F but i am a new person but you found the place for help
For a 3 1/2 yr old basking temp is too hot- older dragons do not like it that hot 95-100-- temp should be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- I would feed regular water- unless it's winter where you are he should not be going into brumation-- what are you using for a UVB?

Kevlarskeeper

Bearded Dragon Egg
What are you using for a UVB? If your using a coil that is the issue ---- all these issues sound like lack of calcium and MBD --- calcium is absorbed and synthesized by the UVB --- if your using a coil they are inadequate
He has a powerful 160w uvb/heat combo. He's had blood work, ultrasound and xrays. They couldn't see anything except a very small pocket of fluid. Just sent off for more comprehensive bloodwork. His calcium was only slightly low the first time. I'm beginning to lean more towards some type of impaction, even though 2 vets couldn't find anything. He has been trying to poop outside and in the bath if I try to support his legs and massage him.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He has a powerful 160w uvb/heat combo. He's had blood work, ultrasound and xrays. They couldn't see anything except a very small pocket of fluid. Just sent off for more comprehensive bloodwork. His calcium was only slightly low the first time. I'm beginning to lean more towards some type of impaction, even though 2 vets couldn't find anything. He has been trying to poop outside and in the bath if I try to support his legs and massage him.
What brand of mvb? I would recommend you get a tube fixture uvb-- most times the mvb do not emit enough uvb and another one in the tank would be beneficial- zoo Med sunblaster or Arcadia 24" fixture - a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia 12% bulb--- if he's not getting enough uvb this would cause alot of health issues

Latest posts