• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help me! What wrong with my 3 1/2 yo dragon

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow :( I was really hoping that he was showing some signs of improvements by now. Have you tried giving him some probiotics to help restore his gut flora with all the meds? I know when my gal stopped eating I give some and it's greatly improved things. It may help it may not but at this point its not going to hurt and they should be on some occ anyways.

samar

Bearded Dragon Egg
Wow :( I was really hoping that he was showing some signs of improvements by now. Have you tried giving him some probiotics to help restore his gut flora with all the meds? I know when my gal stopped eating I give some and it's greatly improved things. It may help it may not but at this point its not going to hurt and they should be on some occ anyways.
Do I just get any probiotics over the counter?
754075d8a0d92b06a4f9d6d948752656.jpg
46d6bdb913a3a71e0c812044087ebb97.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What about a Respiratory infection? the opening and weird swallowing part is in question... Gapping when the temp is good is different..
You can get some over the counter capsules and sprinkle/mix with whatever liquid your using..And you can buy more powder online many of us use beardeddragon.co for supplements.
Hope things start turning around for your fella!

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I got my probiotics at drsfostersandsmith.com it was here in 2 days. It does sound and look like upper respiratory infection. What is your humidity?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I got my probiotics at drsfostersandsmith.com it was here in 2 days. It does sound and look like upper respiratory infection. What is your humidity?

Well I'm in WI but inside with the AC running it's anywhere from 35-50%

samar

Bearded Dragon Egg

It's between 35-40%. I am in Florida and he's inside the house.

How long does it take to get rid of an URI?

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Those both are in the good range for humidity. Mine is about 30 with the AC on. It's been over 100 F here so my AC has been running non stop.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
How long does it take to get rid of an URI?

I think that goes case by case. Depending on how bad it is, how quick you catch it, etc.

One thing I would do is start mixing in some baby food with his Pedialyte. He needs some food if he hasn't eaten in 20 days.
Gerber organic squash is a good one to start with. I know he's not pooping but does he have urates?

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
No

So he isn't even peeing? Aww he needs more than just the 2ml. I did 1ml 3 X a day with my baby when he was sick. Are you making sure it's going in his mouth and not his lungs? You do know they have to close their lungs when they put something in their mouth and if you don't know how to do the syringe you could be putting it in his lungs, hence the no urates and the swelling up and having trouble breathing.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I am opening his mouth and he's kind of sucking on it? How do I know?

I would say you know if he doesn't have urates in 3 weeks and he's getting bloated and now having trouble breathing. As far as getting the syringe in the right place we can talk about that over the phone.

Missbipbip

Bearded Dragon Egg
I watched it over and over. They can get injured by falling or jumping from something too high. It almost looks like he's scratching himself or maybe afraid of those branches that are over him. They hv a 3rd eye on top of their head so if somethings over him he may feel afraid . Can he walk right when he has good traction under him?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
They have a 3rd eye? Wow! All the reading I have done and I never knew that. Awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Missbipbip

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am sorry to hear about your baby. I hope he gets better soon. I will continue watching the post for an update. Bless his little heart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I know it's so cool. Chameleons have it too but it's hard to find

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

samar

Bearded Dragon Egg
Here's a little update. He's still not doing well not loosing any weight but still will not use all 4 limbs at the same time. Still doing this constant swallowing thing but now no mucus is coming out. Still giving him the antibiotics but stopped the anti inflammatories ( I think they were making him more groggy then helping). He still has not poop but I have only been syringe feeding him a few squirts a day. Does anyone know if the antibiotics could be giving him indigestion? Should I order a probiotics?

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yes order probiotic asap! I'm sorry I thought you had him on probiotics already. Can you give him more slurry? When my Wally was sick I gave him 3 slurries a day 1.5ml but he was a baby. I think you could up the intake. Just a thought.

samar

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes order probiotic asap! I'm sorry I thought you had him on probiotics already. Can you give him more slurry? When my Wally was sick I gave him 3 slurries a day 1.5ml but he was a baby. I think you could up the intake. Just a thought.

What do you mean by a slurry?

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Slurry is the baby food mix with probiotics, Pedialyte, bee pollen, and their powders all mixed up to a liquid consistency and given to them with a dropper.

samar

Bearded Dragon Egg
Slurry is the baby food mix with probiotics, Pedialyte, bee pollen, and their powders all mixed up to a liquid consistency and given to them with a dropper.

I have been doing all that minus the probiotics and bee pollen.