• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

You know you're a bearded dragon owner when ...

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Maybe Josh or Germ'll know more about them. I don't want to give her something that'll make her sick.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Maybe Josh or Germ'll know more about them. I don't want to give her something that'll make her sick.
I doubt it will make her sick, I'm just unfamiliar with it. Even on the supplements, though, I would keep the fruit one to an occasional treat. Hope someone else can give you more info. Sorry wasn't much help!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No problem. That's okay. I'll give her thin slivers of fruit on her salads. Sometimes, I'll give her a small dollop of baby food squash, sweet potato, or applesauce (Not all at once though). I've got these baby food travel spoons on hand and I had one in my hand while mixing some of her greens. She thought I had baby food on it and took the spoon into her mouth and when she discovered no baby food, she gave me a stink eye. I promised her I'd give her some next month and I did. She knows how to eat off the baby food spoon.

Today, I gave her a teaspoon full of baby food applesauce because she was having a time trying to go to the bathroom. I gave her that, waited, she hid, and nothing. So I let her come out to exercise and tada, she went on a bunch of paper towels in her travel play yard. Well, she feels better because she started running around and basking. Hmm. Sometimes, I guess when you're constipated, you wouldn't do anything either.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
No problem. That's okay. I'll give her thin slivers of fruit on her salads. Sometimes, I'll give her a small dollop of baby food squash, sweet potato, or applesauce (Not all at once though). I've got these baby food travel spoons on hand and I had one in my hand while mixing some of her greens. She thought I had baby food on it and took the spoon into her mouth and when she discovered no baby food, she gave me a stink eye. I promised her I'd give her some next month and I did. She knows how to eat off the baby food spoon.

Today, I gave her a teaspoon full of baby food applesauce because she was having a time trying to go to the bathroom. I gave her that, waited, she hid, and nothing. So I let her come out to exercise and tada, she went on a bunch of paper towels in her travel play yard. Well, she feels better because she started running around and basking. Hmm. Sometimes, I guess when you're constipated, you wouldn't do anything either.
You should start a new thread asking about it... bet you'd get better responses. Just a thought! Put the thread under BD Diet.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You know you are a Bearded Dragon owner when you check your Beardie is ok and do all the routine no matter what, even if you are late to your exam!

I thought I was the only one! I always check my beardie before I leave to go out even if I'm late to do errands. :)

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That's why many of us have electronic timers to control the lights & keep our BD's Day\Night schedule consistent even when we can't be there or get forgetful ;).

NaTasha Brinkley

Juvenile Dragon
I know, I plan on getting one. It's not a big deal right now b/c I am jobless and homebound with kids, so I'm always there to turn on and off the lights... but sometimes by husband gets home before the kids wake me up (he works midnights and gets home at 8:30 am) and I have to remind him to turn the lights on.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You know you're a beardie owner when you:

Take your beardie outside to do his/her business because you have a short supply, er, short short supply of paper towels.

LunaLupus

Hatchling Dragon
You know you're a beardie owner when:

*You get up before the sun to make sure they are all fed first
*You happily incubate 24+ eggs
*You have spent more on their enclosures this year than on clothes for your family
*You ship 500 roaches to your house
*Bath time at your house takes hours so that everyone can get their turn!

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
You know you're a bearded dragon owner when;

You check the beardie forum BEFORE your voice mail, email, or text messages.

You spend more money on crickets and veggies than human food.

The local pet store knows who you are, what you want, AND the name of your BDs because you can't stop bragging about them.

Your oven cooks more wood than your fireplace.

You buy a scale and measuring tape, but only for THEM.

Latest posts