• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

You know you're a bearded dragon owner when ...

Chelsey

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I'm surprised I couldn't find a list like this already started. Let's see how long we can make this.

You know you're a bearded dragon owner when:

*non-owners don't know what you mean when you say "beardie" or "BD"
*you can't just walk by their viv, you have to stop and stare in (no matter the time of day)
*you can explain why your pet has a "beard"

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
You know you're a bearded dragon owner when:
400.00 power bills and 1000.00 vet bills dont freak you out anymore! DOH!!!!!

Chelsey

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
you know you're a beardie owner when:

-you know bath time = poop time (shower, sh*t, and shed is what my family started calling it)
-even your worst day is brighten by your beardie's smile
-your BD has a unisex name because you didn't want to wait until you knew what gender

jynx stephens

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
you know your a beardie owner when

<you get bit hard by one that draws blood and you calmly say "eh just a scratch"
<your really sick to the point you cant get up and u still find a way to get up just to check on the dragons
<all they have to do is look at you and you know instantly what they want

Renae_nae

Hatchling Dragon
When you get your new BD and an engagement ring on the same day and you post a pic of your BD first!
When you have no idea what you want for your wedding but you're spending time on a BD forum.
When you see your friends and you show off your BD before your ring.
*thankfully my fiance understands and loves me even more for it :) *

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
When you start taking more pictures of your Beardies than your kids, and your kids love you for it.
You start craving veggies and fruit because you're cutting it up so much for your dragons even though you normally don't eat them at all.
Every time you see a new morph or color in a pet store you beg your other half to buy it for you even though you know you don't have room and you couldn't possibly get it.
When you start comparing newspaper, different kinds of sand, and tile all under the same topic.
Your other half recommends you go into veterinary sciences because they can't peel you away from the sides of the tank until they see how sick you get when you even see pictures of an autopsy of one of the lovely creatures.

Gemsheard

Hatchling Dragon
I got in the other night and cleaned up after gucci *she pooped* cleaned out the food bowl and the water bowl fed her fresh greens and gave her, her meds for her worms :/ sigh then didnt really feeling like cooking my own meal lol just wanted to sit >.< the things we do :p wouldnt have it any other way though <3

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I got in the other night and cleaned up after gucci *she pooped* cleaned out the food bowl and the water bowl fed her fresh greens and gave her, her meds for her worms :/ sigh then didnt really feeling like cooking my own meal lol just wanted to sit >.< the things we do :p wouldnt have it any other way though <3
Sounds like cleaning up after a kid hehehehe

Renae_nae

Hatchling Dragon
When you should be saving for a wedding and a house and all you can think about is having a custom viv built. I'll need a dog house to because that is where I'll be living too lol.

Chelsey

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
you know you're a bearded dragon owner when ...

~you're going on an 8+ hour car ride with your BD and everyone in the store thinks your nuts for asking for hand-warmers in 80+ degree weather

~whenever you hear cricket you yell "(Enter Bearded Name Here), DINNER!"