• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

MBD??

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Starting to feel a little better. Boy this illness as really taken a toll on me. Re; New baby[LIL Beauty] is soo much like 'Dynasty' it's not funny has all her little quirks and everything is so much like her-I forgot one day and called her 'Dynasty' by accident. But she's doing well eating good and active and so very calm and can be handled very good. I don't like to take her away from her heat too much but i handled her in tank and stroke her, and of course bath time =which she just loves.she likes to stay in her bath as long as i let her lol; And then i think she would stay longer if she could.She snuggles right into her little towel after her bath and closes her eyes and seems quite happy to stay on my chest and in her towel, which i don't keep her out too long. But i am very pleased with her and her progress. Man she is growing very fast-sometimes i think too fast as i would like her to stay a baby for at least a little while.Got to reload on crix; today and get a few worm treats for my babies. Also fresh veggie shopping too. Will update again-Bella-aka-river-PS-Thank you GERM;

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That's good to hear about Beauty and I hope you get to feeling better soon. I've been having vision problems lately. I've been having headaches in my eyes and all over my head, night-time drivings harder for me because all the glare from the headlights span across the window screen blinding me, the icons on my other computer are blurry to me, and it's hard to see small print anymore. (I can hardly read a book without squinting.) And I found out I can't go see the doctor because my insurance doesn't cover my vision needs. It sucks because I need some kind of glasses for computer and night time driving.

ize

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i hope everything goes well and your little girl comes good.

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well 'LIL' Beauty' is 12-inches and not quite 2/1/2 months-I moved her to a 40-gal; breeder tank a few days ago and she loves it. No more getting her tail stuck lol.At this rate of growth i think she will go very close to 20-inches as an adult., if females get that large but man she is 1-of my best eaters.no reaction at all when i put her in her big tank she checked out her new digs and seems quite pleased with them.Just wanted to update you all on her progress and i have a new baby 'Super' Red'.Just got her on fri; and i think she is around 4-5-weeks old about 5-inches in length and has a very full belly right now. So my total is 4-now.And i will be rehoming 2-as of soon.My female itilian red hates to be picked up and my male well he's doing the head bobbing and foot stomping thing now as he's at that age and i have gotton him an expiernced home with a friend of mine that has always liked him.So then i will be left with 2-females 'LIL BEAUTY" and new red who at present has no name as of yet. but a very full belly.Both of my rehome babies will be very well taken care of and that was my main concern.bella-aka-river

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Long time since I have been on here but just re-reading some of the old posts and catching up on the new ones. Wishing everyone and their babies well-river-7 and a special hello to Germ

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey, River! Long time no see! How've you been? I hope you're well.

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi; Noella; Good to see you're still here and I know someone. Been reading on you're baby but have not got all it caught up as yet.I am still ill with bad allergy's, and breathing problems-I believe from allergy's. But working on sorting all this stuff out. But other then that very well and thank you for asking. But broke my heart as I don't have any dragons now had to rehome my own, with all of this. When I rehomed 'LiL' Beauty' she was 21-1/2 inches. Big, Big, girl-and I knew she would be. I saw her not long ago as a friend of mine has her and she was running around on the floor and jumped right onto my chest. I truly believe she remembers me.I was hoping to get her back when I am well again but I don't have the heart to up-root her again when she is settled nicely. I am just happy I am allowed to see her when ever I choose too.How is Allie-I believe that's you're babies name??She must be a big girl by now.Doe's she still have her 'Allie' grin?? Well I will go for now in hopes I will hear from a few posters I know-like 'Barb' Germ, and a few others. How is Josh?? The site looks really nice now. Best to all River-aka-bella

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh she still has that Allie grin on her face. She's been through a lot recently.

A few months ago, I discovered a lump on her chest and got worried. Took her to the vet and pointed it out. They did nothing but treat her for burns and I ordered a 'full exotic exam on her for her yearly checkup before the winter set in, they never did that. So I went to another vet.

She had a biopsy done on the lump and it was diagnosed as having uneven cells bacterial in nature. Well, instead of prescribing her an antibiotic for it, she went ahead and scheduled a surgery. Allie, being the miracle beardie, pulled through it, and went home that same day. They didn't even give her an antibiotic after that. A month later, she became sick. I mean really sick. The kind of sick that required strong antibiotics. Baytril. I gave her Baytril generic which didn't work. She was sick for a little over a month and a half. Coughing, hacking, and pooping out mucous. I'd sit there and pat her back until she had it all up and it went away. She was so sick that afterwards, she refused to eat, drink, or do anything. I fed her pureed foods like mixed vegetables, turkey and turkey broth baby food, and greens. It took her a while to eat solids. When she finally started eating, things were looking up.

Then she fell off a recliner and shocked herself. She's more clingy and seems to be all right. I've been keeping an eye on her and she's in shed now.

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Poor little 'Allie'; I hope she will be alright. Boy she has been threw a lot. It's so hard when babie's are sick. You know Noella; I still miss 'Dynasty 'and never did find out anymore then I did.I will come on later as i'm having a bad morning this am. river-7

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Noella; You and Augie; you are the first to know I have a very young leather back little girl coming tomorrow morning and I will pick her up then. I am just setting her cage up shortly and re-purchasing all new things for her am starting her in a 20-long and have a 40-breeders coming for later date when she's grown some. Have ordered some phoeinex worms. and picking up crix; and worms tomorrow.river-7

Latest posts