• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

MBD??

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi: all; Just got back and the news is not good. Dynasty has been starving before i got her and she has soo much wrong with her-i will have to read everything over again-she has been calcium depleted and will take a month or more for her to begin to absorb what i have been doing and she has to be force fed and has some liquid calcium and i have to take her for calcium shots and we are doing blood work when she is strong enough to have it done as she is very week and she had 2-shots today of fluid and calcium and was not too happy about that.She has a 50-50-chance of survival. With all that's wrong with her i don't know how she's survived this long.Vet said this damage was all done before i got her and i was doing everything right for her. But unfortunately i hope it's not too late.50-50-don't sound to good. But the main thing is her and i are going to become very good pals as far as me force feeding her goe's. I don't want to do that but they showed me how . She did not respomd to stimulation on her back legs and got very shaky on them. So x-rays are going to be done also as soon as she's strong enough.I have some special food for her as soon as she warms up i will try to get her to eat. And hopefully she will eat some of her phoinex worms too. The vet liked the idea of her eating her worms.The vet was with her and i for at least 3/4 of an hour.And i am sorry to say-DYNASTY just passed. RIP DYNASTY; I will miss you little one whom i loved dearly.NOVEMBER 30th 2012 Will always miss you as you were my favourite baby.bella-aka-river

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW!!!! I am soooo sorry to hear that ...

smiley-sad.jpg

RIP - Dynasty

Pat B

Super Moderator
Oh my.....many prayers to you and your little Dynasty. I hope the vet can figure out what is wrong and get her back on track. Keep us all posted.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Pat ...
And i am sorry to say-DYNASTY just passed. RIP DYNASTY; I will miss you little one whom i loved dearly.NOVEMBER 30th 2012 Will always miss you as you were my favourite baby.bella-aka-river

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I am so terribly sorry to hear that news, river. My deepest condolences to you, may you find some comfort. At least Dynasty found someone that cared so much about her before she passed on! You made a huge imprint on her life.

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks Aleena; and Germ; without you guys she would have never made it this far-Vet said the damage was all done before i even took her. And i am just glad she passed at home where she was truely loved. There will never be another to take her place. She is still in her tank with lights on and her little blankie that she loved so much. I don't have the heart to remove her yet.Maybe in some wierd way i'm still hoping there will be some movement from her but in my heart i know different.It's just soo damn hard when you lose your favourite baby. Poor little one never had a chance;These people have no regard for our beloved animals and just disregard them like a piece of garbage and do soo much damage to them- when i dearly wanted her so badly.The damage done to her the vet said- she probably could not even help her and she did have MBD amongst other things that i just don't understand yet. My brain is not working properly right now.She went downhill so fast she only weighed 25.8 grams not much that's how quick she went down.I had to laugh at her as when i would talk to her she always put her little face up to look as i spoke to her-but when the vet spoke to her she black bearded pretty quickly. I had to laugh-but she was frightened and once i spoke to her down went the beard.First and only time she black bearded.But looked for her Mommie to tell her it was alright.bella-aka-river One of the other things she had was calcium glycemia;which caused no foot stimulation and her back legs were very shakey. And i think her back legs where somewhat paralized in them.Sorry for the spelling mistakes but i'm very upset and can't get anything right. My friend had to drive me to vets.

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I would like to post a pic to show new comers what lack of care can do do these Gentle Little Giants and neglect by people that don't care but i just can't do it now as it's still quite fresh yet.bella

Silkmoth

Hatchling Dragon
I am sorry! I could not deal with my favorite mantid's death recently. I could not look at her for 3 days. I am hoping Pendragon can become as good a friend as my Martha.

Nemo

Hatchling Dragon
May your beloved Dynasty be blessed and RIP in the heavens for dragons.
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Thank you all very much-i had to remove her today and that was heart breaking she was still the way i placed her on her little blankie and now i have to wait for vet on Monday for cremation. As you can not bury animals in ontario any where.Which is a crock but that is the law, and we have to follow it. it sure is heart breaking that before me she was not wanted then i wanted her very much and i could not help her but at least she passed knowing she was loved, and in her own home.As oppose to some stranger having her.I am having a very hard time with her passing as she was my favourite baby and they are all in their own ways.As each one is very different but the lack of care for this baby was not right. If it takes me forever to track down her other owner I will and when i do it won't be nice.There is an expo tomorrow here in rexdale and i have so far tracked down she has come from someone there and By God i will find he or she.I am feeling very bitter because of her passing but i wouldn't want her to suffer either but someone has to stick up for ones that can not talk and who better then her Mommie; Bella

Nemo

Hatchling Dragon
I would say the h*** with the law and bury the precious little baby in my backyard! Who is going to know but you?

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well; I do have a place where i have buried 2-of my birds in the past and it's a beautiful little place that she would have loved in the summer to have a little basking sun lol-just beautiful-i can almost see[ her little face as i have pictured soo many times before]- that i would have taken her. I am sure she would have loved it. I may just do that but the ground is soo hard right now and it may not be possable. But i will check.As i am in an apartment.So no backyard but this place is a park that i take my dogs to. Just a beautiful place but if i get caught price to pay big time; The only way i could avoid being caught is to go late at night so i will get someone to go with me if the ground permits-if not it's cremation as i want to properly bury her-she deserves the best even in death. And the expo is open so i am going to try and track down these people. Will update after i come back from expo. bella

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I just come back and baby Dynasty is buried in my favourite place and she would have loved it and i didn't get caught and also went to expo and i have tracked down so far where and whom she has come from so i will be taking a little trip to find out just a little more and just maybe i can get to these $$$Ho###.I will go threw the week when i can go on pretense of perhaps buying another one then i will have them shut right down if i can. But who protects beardies besides us. Any advice or info to help out please would be greatly appreciated. bella-aka-river

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Good Luck at doing something about it other than getting the satisfaction of giving someone a thorough tongue-lashing. If there was something that we could do about these types of breeders\vendors\stores, etc, we would have the majority of Pet Stores shut down ;). If your Vet would be willing to get involved, you may have somewhat of a chance through\with the local SPCA or Humane Society.

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks Germ; I will think about that but first to contact my vet tomorrow then i will know where to start. bella-aka-river[-and thanks to everyone else i might have missed.]

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Silkmoth; Yes, i agree, but i think i am coming across like that in my posts but i would not physically hurt anyone but verbally very much so. Thanks for your concern-I really appreciate it bella-aka-river.And i will take your advice.

Latest posts