• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Frank The Frilled Dragon (Pic Heavy)

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
IMG_6938.jpg

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
IMG_7300.jpg

IMG_7299.jpg

IMG_7286.jpg

For those wondering why Frank isn't in his usual home, he has been sulking because he isn't used to the dog being in his business so I had to move him into this one temporarily so he calms down and acclimates to the dog. I also use it for a feeding tank and make it like a "home" because anywhere else he sulks (what a diva). He's finally eating on his own now and hunting his food so he's goin back into the mansion soon so I can make final adjustments on the temp tank for the baby coming in Sept/Oct.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Exposing him to her little by little and easing them into knowing each other seems to be doing the trick. When we first got the dog she basically broke his home in half with help from the cat and it traumatized him. By covering the cage he's in now and slowly uncovering it bit by bit so he can see the dog has helped him a lot. I say in a week or 2 he should be ready for his big boy cage again.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
remember when the guy slid down the hill in the jeep in Jurrassic Park?
i see Frank doin the "mess with me now" pose!

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Lol I wish Frank had that reaction with the dog. The dog wouldn't even go near his cage if that was the case. Frank is such a pushover that he doesn't frill up at anything. His life could be on the line and he would rather play dead or run than frill.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This was just him thermoregulating but a display can be brought on by a number of things like:
-Getting scared
-Thermoregulating
-Yawning
-Eating/Drinking
-Mating display
-Fighting/Warding off predators

and I'm sure I'm missing some.

Latest posts