• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding Small Bearded Dragon to a larger one.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Is it an authority or an expert in reptile law as you previously stated? There is a big difference between the two

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
EAGLES said:
crypticdragons said:
EAGLES said:
ladyknite said:
EAGLES said:
beardielover17 said:
Even if it were easily considered animal cruelty, how would you get this person's information? How do you know the dragon in the video isn't already dead?

The thought was to try, I am not the type of person to see a wrong and just keep on moving by justufying it saying I can't do anything....especially with helpless people and animals.

I think the point Candice is trying to make is that this is way bigger than one dude on you tube. There are hundreds, thousands of these kinds of videos on there. To go after one, you have to go after them all.
Instead of trying to change the person involved, their actions, their behavior, and their narcissistic bragging rights...........try pushing your own state to make up and enforce laws protecting the animals we keep. Have those items written by those that have kept dragons in this country since they arrived and are up to date on things, yet don't overlook the value of yesterday. Get involved on a local step first, before going global.

You've got the right idea, and a good concept. But you can't easily start at the top of the ladder. there'd be no place to work your way up to.

I respectfully disagree, you can only take one case at a time and this teenager's reckless, harmful and mailicious acts are hardly the top of the ladder...I'd even say this is botttom rung compared to getting laws passed. You have noticed are govt. isn't very productive .

Please lets not do the "our government this and that" ok. I do not see you running to live in Russia or China so you obviously like our Government enough to live here and enjoy the freedoms of being an american.

Sorry I am not going to continue that line of thought it just erks me a bit when people complain about "the man" lol.

Never my intention and your post is the only one going off topic. Never said anything about "the man" as you say or talked bad about our country or complained about our country. It is patriotic to question your govt. and leaders.

Back to topic, I stand by my respectful disagreement. As many others have today as I see it is getting flagged and posted on continuously.
EAGLES said:
ladyknite said:
our gov't has no speedy desire to enact laws to protect reptiles in captivity from poor conditions.
The top of the ladder being a vast majority of internet users believing this is kewl, awesome and even appealing. The majority falls with them, not us.

I do seriously agree with how offending this is to a reptile keeper and animal lover. I sympathize with you, and really wish there was control for things like this. If our gov't isn't going to control how people treat their animals (the frog, the gecko, ect) then at least don't let them publicize it. I feel it gives all good reptile keepers a bad taste in their mouth, and the public a bad look at us.

But honestly, he's broke no written law, and our opinions on his practices are just that.........opinions.

Well, you may be right....but an authority I talked with said this was animal cruelty by the books in every state....I relaize he could be wrong as well.

It is not blatant animal cruelty cause you have no proof per that video that the dragon was even alive when it was fed to the other dragon. Not to mention he could easily argue with anything anyone said on what a bearded dragon "should" eat. Don't you think thousands of people consider it cruelty to animals to feed a live pinky mouse to a dragon? But guess what, tons of people do it and you can not get them in trouble for it. Like I said originally i do not like this video and I flagged it (in fact I was the one that told everyone that they should flag it) but there are no legal roads you can take on this cause reptile keeping is a he said she said hobby. no one person has the right answer.

And You did talk down about the government by the way so do not call me a liar thanks.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
oooooooooooooooooooooooh woah!
Attacked?!!!!

Lets back the bus up a minute. that wasn't my intention to make you feel that way. I'm very sorry, since that's what I've done.

Please let me explain.

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
It's a tough situation. I think alerting the authorities, regardless of what they do with it is all we can do in the short term. Long term you could possibly bring the issue up to a representative that they may get something started in the legislature. Bills regarding wildlife and pets are quite numerous so I'm sure with enough support, inhumane reptile treatment like feeding one to the other could get a serious viewing and hoepfully get outlawed.

EAGLES

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
beardielover17 said:
Is it an authority or an expert in reptile law as you previously stated? There is a big difference between the two

He was referred to me by my local humane societies' officer of abuse. He said he was who he refers all reptile abuse to.
That is all I know.....as Isaid he could be wrong.

My point is to raise concern, if even only for this one idiot, and hopefully get some people to act.....looking for support here in the community.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think everyone here has been supportive by flagging the video and commenting negatively on it and messaging the person. You aren't alone on this by any means

EAGLES

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
lady and beardie...Thank you and lady no offense taken, just seemed like some were taking me to task over trying to help reptiles which irked me.

cryptic...never called you a liar...don't put words in my mouth.
"talk down" the govt.), again way off topic, but don't ever question my patriotism unless you know of what you speak.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
EAGLES said:
lady and beardie...Thank you and lady no offense taken, just seemed like some were taking me to task over trying to help reptiles which irked me.

cryptic...never called you a liar...don't put words in my mouth.
"talk down" the govt.), again way off topic, but don't ever question my patriotism unless you know of what you speak.

First off screw your lil way off topic again things ok. now since you want to keep talking about patriotism why dont you say what you have done for this country? Patriotism is nothing more than a word there are people on this forum that have done things for this country that were done for the honor and glory of america ad what it stands for not for patriotism. So you need to get off your high horse and stop talking down to people just cause you are hiding behind a computer ok.

And no one is taking you to task over helping reptiles or any animal you are just being told that there are no laws that would consider that video animal cruelty. So its a waiste of time and energy. Like I said 4 times now the best thing to do is flag the video (like all of us have done) and hope it gets pulled down. That is the extent of the "damage" you can cause this person at this time.

I will not post here again cause you are being unfortunately rediculous with your little responses to people.

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Seems some of us are losing focus on the true matter at hand and getting more hot and bothered about the methods of others to right this wrongful treatment of a bearded dragon. We are all concerned for well-being of one of our favorite animals, so lets focus all our emotion and drive into making a positive difference in the reptile keeping community. I know I will most definitely be posting flags on this terrible video and searching for a way to lobby against treatment I see as unjust. If it doesn't go anywhere so be it, but I can be at ease knowing that I made the effort.

EAGLES

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
You are the only person on thsi thread that has talked down to anyone. ;)
I would say thew very same thing to your face(wish I could right now) and do not need or care to defend myself against you.
You are the only one causing a scene....shame for a business owner.

I am here for the beardies....

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
EAGLES said:
You are the only person on thsi thread that has talked down to anyone. ;)
I would say thew very same thing to your face(wish I could right now) and do not need or care to defend myself against you.
You are the only one causing a scene.

I am here for the beardies....

Right cause thats what your posts say. No what your posts say is you are wanting to force feed your opinion to everyone and do not want to hear anyone elses. Thanks though.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I for one, and I'm certain Candice, as well as the rest, can acknowledge your intentions in what you're trying to do. We don't mean to imply you're wrong, or that you do so for the wrong reasons...........

Only that when you've been around for decades in this hobby, you recognize when the "well intended" may get their feelings hurt. Those hurt feelings often turn the best owners against this hobby. And we tend to want to prepare people for that.

It's obvious that you are just as passionate as the rest of us, only time hasn't quite soured you yet.

EAGLES

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My intentions were never to insult or talk down to anyone here, I was not aware that I did it and if anyone on here feels I did then I apologize to you.(except for the obvious--cryptic I don't care about your thoughts of me at all)

Perhaps my emotions did take hold of my brain, but to have my loyalty to my country questioned is rediculous.

I thank all those who are concerned and those that have helped by flagging and reporting.

I kept marine fish and reef tanks for many years, seeign firt hand the collection, selling and private keeping abuse everyday.....and you are right, it eventually overfills you.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi, everyone. I have intentionally stayed away from this post because things of this nature get me sick to the stomach. I have not watched the video and I have no intentions of doing so.

We all have strong feelings about this or you would not be a part of this forum. Please keep in mind that translation is easily lost in a post. It does not have the vocal sounds behind it to back up sarcasm or sympathy.

Going forward, please respect others as you reply to this post. One of our forum rules are to "treat those as you wish to be treated! Please do not act aggressively against another member even if you feel they are doing something wrong in the care of their bearded dragon."

It sounds as if all have worked things out, which is great.

Thanks!

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
What a shame that this has happened on our happy little forum. Eagle...Your heart is in the right place. I went and flagged it too. Better to do something than nothing. Even if it might be a futile act. I'm sorry this has turned around on you the way it has. :(

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I did not watch it but I did flag it. See all your comments was enough for me, I know it will make me cry...I cry at everything.

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
ummmm WOW!!!!! i'm pretty sure that sick minded kid falls under the low life piece of crap!!!!!! wow!!!! that's so wrong!!!! suprised that his dragon is still alive! who kno's maybe next he'll try 2 feed it a frog & it'll end up poisonous or something! he needs 2 be charged w/animal cruelty!!! that's wrong on so many levels!!!!

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
most definately flagged just bout all of his stupid videos!!!! that kid is messed up!!!!! that poor beardie, suprised it's still alive!!!

Latest posts