• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding Small Bearded Dragon to a larger one.

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Recently I came across a video on youtube,

http://www.youtube.com/user/SenorSteven#p/u/12/odWO7xy__Pw

In this video some guy has a sick bearded dragon and he decides to feed it to his larger bearded dragon named Steven. He tries to justify it by saying that "the small beardie was dying, it's the cycle of life, survival of the fittest, get over it".

I just can't condone this behavior. I think any pet deserves a humane euthanization. And he sits in the background saying "oh he's done for!!" and laughing about it. Makes me sad that people like this have access to reptiles.

Please if you have a differing opinion please comment, I always love a good discussion.

-Justus

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
OMG I don't even know why I clicked that stupid link. That is the worst thing I have seen in relation to this hobby in a while. That POS should not be allowed to own a single animal. And folks wonder why I have so little faith in humanity. I will be flagging that video as that is the worst form of animal cruelty, tantamount to dog fighting. What a sick sadistic piece of trash that person is.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Whoever this guy is he apparently enjoys having his bearded dragon eat living creatures for sport. There are videos of him feeding frogs and geckos as well. This guy obviously purchased a bearded dragon for all the wrong reasons.

clh321

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
oh my gosh. That is horrible. i mean, its ok to feed your beardie pinkies and roaches, but other beardies? no way.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
interesting. sick but interesting.

Anybody checked out those other videos he submits. He's definately sadistic........takes all kinds.

Kinda Dahmer like don't you think? He used to torture animals as well.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yea...I watched a few of his videos. Wondering whatever became of Steven. Gina. What are his chances of survival after eating all those different critters. Espeacially the frog. Don't they have toxins? Also impaction risks.

This guy really has some problems. Actually felt bad for the beardie. What is in store for him when he's tired of watching him eat other creatures!!

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This person could quite possibly turn out to be a serial killer. Honestly I shouldn't refer to "it" as a person, more like a monster. His original description of the video states he wanted the two to live together but turns out that doesn't work and oh well things happen...what a flippin joke.

I can totally understand the enjoyment you get watching your animals eat to observe how they hunt but not for the sadistic and cruel enjoyment he gets out of deliberately putting any living thing in with the dragon just to watch it brutally die in a way that it shouldn't have been. I would love to lock him in a pit of Komodo Dragons and tell him as I lock the gate, "You were gonna die eventually this is the circle of life" and walk away

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would love to lock him in a pit of Komodo Dragons and tell him as I lock the gate, "You were gonna die eventually this is the circle of life" and walk away

Now that sounds fair . . .

Seriously people like that shouldnt be allowed to keep anything that lives and breathes. This really makes me wish stricter penalties for cruelty to animals could be imposed. And for offenses like these, give to him what he has been dishing out. DEATH

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I don't particularly like the whole "video image" (s). I will admit that when animals are without captive habitats, they will eat what is available, regardless of what that is. its the sadistic intended nature and thrill of the kill that excites the HUMAN that makes this so offensive to me. it's not a study, it's not an observation. Its seeing how the animal gets excited and chomps down each prey and how the prey dies that gets him off.

The difference between study/observation and cruel intent.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ladyknite said:
I don't particularly like the whole "video image" (s). I will admit that when animals are without captive habitats, they will eat what is available, regardless of what that is. its the sadistic intended nature and thrill of the kill that excites the HUMAN that makes this so offensive to me. it's not a study, it's not an observation. Its seeing how the animal gets excited and chomps down each prey and how the prey dies that gets him off.

The difference between study/observation and cruel intent.
Agreed completely. Had this been a documentary where a lizard ate another of its kind in the wild it would be different but it's not the case. This monster has disturbing issues that need to be dealt with before it escalates to another level

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
beardielover17 said:
crystal9534 said:
i refuse to click the link. just reading everybody's responses has me sick to my stomach and heart :(
I clicked on it to flag it

as did I. If enough people label this as animal abuse/neglect it will get taken down.

EAGLES

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thank you for linking that....I have contacted authorities and this is a clear cut case of animal cruelty according to the law.
Now, I need some help.
1. Can I get help finding out info. on this guy?
-name
If anyone has a few minutes or an hour at anypoint today to help me find this info. I would be very appreciative.
Once we get this information we call his local humane societies' officer and he will get:
A. Fined heavily
B. Account removed from Youtube

TIA.....I really hope someone else here cares enough to help me give this jerk some payback.

EAGLES

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
clh321 said:
oh my gosh. That is horrible. i mean, its ok to feed your beardie pinkies and roaches, but other beardies? no way.

Well, this is debatable as well. I know I will not be feeding live mice to Gilligan ever in his life cycle. I suppose it is what the owner can justify feeding. For me crickets have such a short life cycle anyways and are so small that it doesn't make me to apprehensive about feeding them, although I wish their was a non-live alternative.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Quote from: beardielover17 on Today at 07:33:06 PM
Quote from: crystal9534 on Today at 07:32:04 PM
i refuse to click the link. just reading everybody's responses has me sick to my stomach and heart Sad

as did I. If enough people label this as animal abuse/neglect it will get taken down.

OK, I clicked on the flag icon and the dislike one. Does this mean its now flagged? Or do I need to login somewhere. Im not really good with youtube

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
under the agreement with youtube, he's breaking no rules. We're back to that "care we think others should comply with" thing. Not that i'm condoning.........only that i find this behavior is part of what's so very wrong with society today.

Vesta said:
Yea...I watched a few of his videos. Wondering whatever became of Steven. Gina. What are his chances of survival after eating all those different critters. Espeacially the frog. Don't they have toxins? Also impaction risks.

This guy really has some problems. Actually felt bad for the beardie. What is in store for him when he's tired of watching him eat other creatures!!

His chance of survival is pretty good. I'm not sure about the frog, around here we do have frogs with toxic properties snakes won't even eat, but i didn't watch that video. As for impaction risks....well..........i would assume alot was based on his husbandry.

What's in store for him......most likely...........he'll be lunch for a caimen or something much larger than himself.

This is far from the worst of the worst on you tube. There are hundreds, maybe thousands very similar to this.

EAGLES

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
beardielover17 said:
crystal9534 said:
i refuse to click the link. just reading everybody's responses has me sick to my stomach and heart :(

NOOOOOOO!
Don't flag it, the worst that would happen is he loses his youtube account, but more likely he just loses that video.
He deserves and NEEDS to be punished and taught a damn lesson!!

EAGLES

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ladyknite said:
under the agreement with youtube, he's breaking no rules. We're back to that "care we think others should comply with" thing. Not that i'm condoning.........only that i find this behavior is part of what's so very wrong with society today.

Vesta said:

His chance of survival is pretty good. I'm not sure about the frog, around here we do have frogs with toxic properties snakes won't even eat, but i didn't watch that video. As for impaction risks....well..........i would assume alot was based on his husbandry.

What's in store for him......most likely...........he'll be lunch for a caimen or something much larger than himself.

This is animal cruelty, please don't let this guy off the hook........please read my posts in this thread.

Latest posts