• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Eggs???

shopman

Hatchling Dragon
Thanks Hdrydr31,
You guys have been so much help I have to ask another question. We are leaving on Spring Break next Friday and we had planned to drive and bring Spike with us. Plans changed and we are now flying. I have someone to watch him but I"m worried about the feeding. This person is not comfortable to deal with the Dubia so my plan is to put meal-worms in plastic bags that can be put in the frig and just dumped into his bowl. We will be gone for a week. How many meal-worms should I feed him each day? I do have a supplement food (processed) purple stuff I bought at Pet mart he will eat a little. Any other food ideas for him? He dose not eat much greens yet.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Don't use mealworms they have chitlin in their shells that make them super hard for them to digest and can lead to impaction... how big is he now? you could possibly do superworms (these don't go in the fridge) depending on his size (post a new pic of him). You could also do offer some worms like butterworms, waxworms to give in between say do the roaches everyother then the worms to break it up for them? What I would see if this person would use the long feeding tongs to do the roaches?? put the smaller ones in a container so the big ones are not there to make them nervous, I've found the smaller ones to be less "scary" maybe have this person over and do a couple feedings with them to ease their minds a bit? it really is better for your little one to stay on the diet he's getting..

shopman

Hatchling Dragon
He/She is about 10 inches long. Fattening up good. I bought super worms last night. No problem eating those. Only problem with those I can put them in the fridge. How many super worms would work for him? Might be able to put small dubia in small plastic dishes with food and water crystals that she could just dump. One plastic dish per day.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He/She is about 10 inches long. Fattening up good. I bought super worms last night. No problem eating those. Only problem with those I can put them in the fridge. How many super worms would work for him? Might be able to put small dubia in small plastic dishes with food and water crystals that she could just dump. One plastic dish per day.
Ok good... Yea supers can't go in the fridge but you could put carrots in with them to eat she would need to take the big chunks of carrot out before dumping..I would say he could get 2/4 at a time since it's only a week your being gone.. it would be great if you could have some small dubia already in a dish the thing I worry about is the water crystal ...don't know if that would be a good thing if he ate that the person you have doing it would need to take that out prior to dumping it...

shopman

Hatchling Dragon
LOL, we gave him 7 last night. Do they come in different sizes? These were just a little bigger than the large meal worms. It was in a 70 count container.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LOL, we gave him 7 last night. Do they come in different sizes? These were just a little bigger than the large meal worms. It was in a 70 count container.
sometimes they are different sizes within the container.. some places you can get different sizes I think

shopman

Hatchling Dragon
Hey guys! I just wanted to give an update on my dubia's. It looks like everything is going great! I have small babies running around the breading create. Orange's being eaten and big fat females. I think I read here you will see some females dragging an egg sack? If so I saw that the other day. I think I will have more than I can handle very soon. But that's great. Their are two other dragon owners in our neighborhood that I have already dropped of samples. LOL And for Spike....... he is growing crazy fast. He loves the dubia. Thanks for all the help!!!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey guys! I just wanted to give an update on my dubia's. It looks like everything is going great! I have small babies running around the breading create. Orange's being eaten and big fat females. I think I read here you will see some females dragging an egg sack? If so I saw that the other day. I think I will have more than I can handle very soon. But that's great. Their are two other dragon owners in our neighborhood that I have already dropped of samples. LOL And for Spike....... he is growing crazy fast. He loves the dubia. Thanks for all the help!!!
Yea! that's awesome I knew it was just time they needed... I've never seen an egg sac but I know when they give birth they protrude the egg sac and the baby nymphs come out then it gets pulled back in. If the egg sac you saw was like a red tube deal yes that is a pregnant female do your best to NOT disturb her or she will drop the sac...

shopman

Hatchling Dragon
Yes, I did see the red tube. I had been gone for a week so I had to get in their to replenish food and water crystals. I am getting more adult females from my juvenile bin. So I keep adding them to adult bin. It seems to be clicking. Thanks again.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes, I did see the red tube. I had been gone for a week so I had to get in their to replenish food and water crystals. I am getting more adult females from my juvenile bin. So I keep adding them to adult bin. It seems to be clicking. Thanks again.
Your very welcome. Glad things are going well soon you'll be like me over run by dubia :) and my Izzy is asleep.....

Latest posts