• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Eggs???

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
NO way!!!!! I didn't know that. I will clean house tonight! I"m upset with myself for not knowing that.
Don't worry we all start somewhere and I learned it only because I raised them and when I was reading I saw that they will nibble on a sleeping dragon I did the same thing OMG and went and cleaned out her tank and a ton were hiding in her log!! lol

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Can you send me that link? Missed it somehow. I have been watching youtube videos while my students work on a project. lol
the links are at the bottom of several of our signature lines 1 is diseases and the other is general.. so look under this post and you'll see 2 links..

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If you need to reduce your numbers do you want to sell me a start?
I tried to post a larger pic of the enclosure in media.
I will get back to you on that one I need to see what I got. I know I have a ton of babies up to half a dime in size. But I know Brandon Sixofwandstattoo is usually way overloaded literally knee deep in them lol so I would try him first.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok, no worries He just sent me a pm.
That is totally fine believe me, I saw that he was online so I knew he would take care of ya. let us know if you have questions.

shopman

Hatchling Dragon
That is totally fine believe me, I saw that he was online so I knew he would take care of ya. let us know if you have questions.
I'm going to order his starter pack (500) tonight. Bought tub today but I can't find the egg crates. Any idea where to buy them?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm going to order his starter pack (500) tonight. Bought tub today but I can't find the egg crates. Any idea where to buy them?
good I knew he would take good care of ya! you can try the store in the bakery or deli sometimes they have them.. otherwise you can use regular egg cartons , paper towel rolls, cardboard (just be careful if it's double layered as the small nymphs (babies) can fit in there (yes learned the hard way)

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Got an order of the egg flats out this morning.
Good then your all set then :) Like I said I cut mine all in half they will last a LONG time :) I've not had to re order! lol the nice thing about roaches is their poop just falls to the bottom unlike crickets. The roaches will chew on them but I've not had to change them out in my roach bins. so their min order should last you a good long time, and with being a shop teacher you have access to table saws to cut them in half (if you need to depending on the height of your storage bins)
let me know if you need anything! Happy roach raising :) key things: Heat, dark, water crystals, good gut loading chow, oranges and time for them to get busy.

shopman

Hatchling Dragon
Good then your all set then :) Like I said I cut mine all in half they will last a LONG time :) I've not had to re order! lol the nice thing about roaches is their poop just falls to the bottom unlike crickets. The roaches will chew on them but I've not had to change them out in my roach bins. so their min order should last you a good long time, and with being a shop teacher you have access to table saws to cut them in half (if you need to depending on the height of your storage bins)
let me know if you need anything! Happy roach raising :) key things: Heat, dark, water crystals, good gut loading chow, oranges and time for them to get busy.

Sounds good. With 500 I should be able to feed spike and they will be able to start producing. Should I separate the adults and have a secondary bin for the adolescences and babies? Found out last night one of my sons buddies has a BD. So once these guys take off I can sell some.

I do have a separate question. Had something wired happen last night. Spike was chilling on my sons chest/shoulder as he was walking through the house. Normal thing. All the sudden the jumps lands on the floor and stars running as fast as he can. He has never done anything like this before. The only thing I could think was different was with the nice weather the door was open. Either the cool breeze he didn't like or their might have been a bird cheapening. Any idea???????

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sounds good. With 500 I should be able to feed spike and they will be able to start producing. Should I separate the adults and have a secondary bin for the adolescences and babies? Found out last night one of my sons buddies has a BD. So once these guys take off I can sell some.

I do have a separate question. Had something wired happen last night. Spike was chilling on my sons chest/shoulder as he was walking through the house. Normal thing. All the sudden the jumps lands on the floor and stars running as fast as he can. He has never done anything like this before. The only thing I could think was different was with the nice weather the door was open. Either the cool breeze he didn't like or their might have been a bird cheapening. Any idea???????

Yes what I do is I have my main colony that I do the 3:1 ratio from the adults down to the ones that are small juv's. all the rest go into my feeding bin, so I don't disturb the main colony. So in my colony I have about 300 give or take then the feeder bin is where I put the extras and nymphs to grow up to be feeders or replacements to the colony if I need. does that make sense?

Most likely he saw something that spooked him.. Just be careful they can hurt themselves with a fall like that... When I move around with Izzy on my chest I have a hand free close by if in case I need to grab her. ..

shopman

Hatchling Dragon
I think I understand. You have adults and very small in main colony. Smalls to get big enough for feeders and adults to breed. All medium in feeder bin to make our guys or gals happy.
Do you just have a heat pad under your bin? Or do you have one of the 4' pads and wrap half the bin?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think I understand. You have adults and very small in main colony. Smalls to get big enough for feeders and adults to breed. All medium in feeder bin to make our guys or gals happy.
Do you just have a heat pad under your bin? Or do you have one of the 4' pads and wrap half the bin?
Kinda :)
In my colony I have from dime sized up to my adults, when they are about quarter sized I do the 3:1 ratio on them and the extras go into feeder, I do this all the way up to the adults. I take out any nymphs (babies) and put them into my feeder tub (this way I can gauge how fast they are producing)

In my feeders I have all the nymphs to grow to be put back into the colony to replace any that I need to. I have all the extras after the 3:1. This means any extra males and others for feeders.

For heat I use red heat lamps and a space heater. I have them in a small room in the basement.
I will take pictures this afternoon to show you if you want as I need to sort them anyways.

shopman

Hatchling Dragon
Pictures would be great! I will be doing the same. Room in the basement. I told my wife they are beetles. She asked if I was just calling them beetles for her...... I just smiled. So funny to say I cant wait for my roaches to arrive! LOL

I'll take some better pics of my setup and Spike tonight. I keep having a problem with the pictures turned on the side. drives me crazy.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ok no worries I'll take pictures today then when I take care of them..know how to sex them? if not let me know and I'll do that too.

Latest posts