• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What did your dragon do today?

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
@Pat; This is by far the worst mood she has ever been in to date :L she was literally batting food away when i offered it to her and giving me stink eye all day, when i tried to handle her she would push through my hands to get back in her viv :L angry dragon!
yup yup, my dragon just went thru this! he wuz pushin away on my hands, angrily scratchin me 2 get away & back in his enclosure!!!

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
new messurment for Kyuubi, he is offically 6 and 3/4 inch long. almost 7 inches! he is growing like a weed, im glad i am recording all his growth, might be helpful to me if i ever get another one.

also got a halogen light bulb for his basking spot to replace the 150watt normal bulb as it was not providing enough heat. emps are holding around 109-112F

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Do you feed your beardie baby food vegetables?? That is a good idea. Please let me know. Thanks...Pat B/Columbia SC

Sometimes, but not all the time. Here's what I give him: First Squash. Sometimes, but not often, First Sweet Potatoes, First Applesauce, Second Peaches. (Only when he sheds do I give him this. Sometimes use it as a water source, salad dressing, or something with a different taste. I haven't tried him on green beans yet. I once gave him a blueberry and cherry mix baby food when he was sick with a bacterial infection and pinworms. (I gave him baby food every day because he didn't have an appetite. I gave him soy yogurt to build up his gut flora. Worked well.) Now I'll give him baby food only once in a while, but not as a staple every day thing. He's hydrated well. :)

Pat B

Super Moderator
Sometimes, but not all the time. Here's what I give him: First Squash. Sometimes, but not often, First Sweet Potatoes, First Applesauce, Second Peaches. (Only when he sheds do I give him this. Sometimes use it as a water source, salad dressing, or something with a different taste. I haven't tried him on green beans yet. I once gave him a blueberry and cherry mix baby food when he was sick with a bacterial infection and pinworms. (I gave him baby food every day because he didn't have an appetite. I gave him soy yogurt to build up his gut flora. Worked well.) Now I'll give him baby food only once in a while, but not as a staple every day thing. He's hydrated well. :)
I am glad to hear that he is ok. I am not sure what I would do if little Spike got sick....guess I would have to find a reptile vet. I will look at the baby food as I think he might be getting ready to shed again. He is really skitterish. I have had him for about a month and he hates my hand when I come into his tank. He runs for his life!! Like I am going to hurt him....NOT!! I try not to pick him up too much....just mostly for a bath every couple of days.

Emmily

Juvenile Dragon
Today Apollo took a bath because he is about to shed again. He decided to climb all over me afterwards and just relax on top of my head. He seems to like it there for some reason lol
2 (9).jpg
2 (7).jpg

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Today Apollo took a bath because he is about to shed again. He decided to climb all over me afterwards and just relax on top of my head. He seems to like it there for some reason lol View attachment 1877View attachment 1878
LOL I would be too afraid that THIS would be the one time they would decide to poop on me, I'm afraid the top of the head is off limits HAHAHA

Emmily

Juvenile Dragon
lol!!!! He pooped in the water before he got on my head so I think I was good. Otherwise my head is off limits lol

Pat B

Super Moderator
Today Apollo took a bath because he is about to shed again. He decided to climb all over me afterwards and just relax on top of my head. He seems to like it there for some reason lol View attachment 1877View attachment 1878
Your Beardie is small like mine. I haven't put him on me yet for fear he will scoot away. Do I just go ahead and put him on my shirt to see what he will do?? He squiggled so hard one time he dropped to the floor....poor thing but he was ok.

Emmily

Juvenile Dragon
Well I just found out mine was a girl lol I started slowly. Said hi to her everyday. let her see me every time I walked by my tank. If she ran I'd let her be so I didn't stress her. Then I would put water on my fingertips and let her lick it off so she knew I was friendly. I would pick her up sometimes when she was sleepy and pet her so she wasn't as hyper and try to run away. I did it slowly in the tank and started bringing her out more and more and now shes used to my touch and me handling her. When I would bathe her I would put her in the tub and let her run around for a bit. Getting to the tub was always scary because I was afraid she would zip out of my hand and hit the floor but she never did. So after her bath I would try to dry her with a little wash cloth and she would climb up my arm herself and go from there. It takes patience and yours will get curious. You can put him on your shirt and see what he'll do. He might just sit there or he'll crawl all over you like a playground lol I've only owned a beardie for so long so I just did my research on the internet on how to tame a beardie. You just got to remember they're babies and they're full of energy!! :D

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
Today Willow shed the whole of her stomach from beard to vent! she was frantically darting around her viv all day rubbing against things to try and itch, still her back and head to go but were making progress!

She has been misted at regular intervals all day to try and soften the shed and make her more comfortable, she's now asleep on her ladder with her back legs flat out behind her, poor baby

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Today, Alley and I went outside for fresh air. He likes to go to the bathroom out there and he does on command. :) I couldn't believe it, but I've noticed something about him. When I tell him to go to the bathroom before I leave, he does. When I tell him if he wants to go into the car, he has to go to the bathroom first, he does. He's very intelligent. Anyway, I was on the way to the backyard, his favorite place to look up and around. Instead, we had to cut our trip short because there was a snake in the yard. Couldn't tell if it was a rattler or not. But I hope it's non-poisonous. If not, he can stay. If so? Well, I don't know if someone would be able to take care of him/her.

He ate turnip greens, a bunch of crickets which he got excited about, and discovered a scratch on his foot that mysteriously appeared. Don't know where it came from so I'm keeping an eye on it. So far, it looks like a paper cut or something. I forgot to mention something, LOL. He was so happy this morning that he ate and wore his turnip green breakfast on his back.

Now, he's sleeping on my chest, two sexy legs sprawled out. :)

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
Today, Alley and I went outside for fresh air. He likes to go to the bathroom out there and he does on command. :) I couldn't believe it, but I've noticed something about him. When I tell him to go to the bathroom before I leave, he does. When I tell him if he wants to go into the car, he has to go to the bathroom first, he does. He's very intelligent. Anyway, I was on the way to the backyard, his favorite place to look up and around. Instead, we had to cut our trip short because there was a snake in the yard. Couldn't tell if it was a rattler or not. But I hope it's non-poisonous. If not, he can stay. If so? Well, I don't know if someone would be able to take care of him/her.

He ate turnip greens, a bunch of crickets which he got excited about, and discovered a scratch on his foot that mysteriously appeared. Don't know where it came from so I'm keeping an eye on it. So far, it looks like a paper cut or something. I forgot to mention something, LOL. He was so happy this morning that he ate and wore his turnip green breakfast on his back.

YES sexy leg! :D my BD is doing the dual sexy leg too!

Emmily

Juvenile Dragon

This actually made me laugh and smile :) I cant wait for my baby to get big enough so I can take her outside to explore!

Pat B

Super Moderator
My little Spike is growing and eating like a pig. He ate a lot of mealy worms because we were out of town for three days and they keep better than those dang crickets. The second day we were home i noticed he hadn't pooped. Oh dear....so I put him in a warm bath for about 15 minutes even rubbing his little tummy. No luck. So I went away for a while and came back to check on him and lo and behold....a huge pile of poop!! I was so relieved....lol....anyway....he's doing great!!