• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Worried about my bearded dragon

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
uploadfromtaptalk1392153728728.jpg
my fixture for my uv light only sticks out about 3 inches or so from the wall...you may not have to cut a new hole? IDK. My basking light is much further from her basking area too, which I'm sure contributes to my needing a higher wattage.

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
View attachment 7252 my fixture for my uv light only sticks out about 3 inches or so from the wall...you may not have to cut a new hole? IDK. My basking light is much further from her basking area too, which I'm sure contributes to my needing a higher wattage.

I'm refer to getting her basking fixture off the glass hopefully giving her a bigger basking area and better ambient temperatures

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh so it goes behind the basking light and I cant move the basking light as a hole was cut into the mesh to put the light in
Front or back, it doesn't matter, when mounting mine under the screen, I put it in the front, bulb shining towards the back. I do this so the fixture shields the UVB bulb from my eyes. Is just as effective either way, I just find it easier on my eyes when viewing the enclosure.

Tubeunderscreen-text_zpsc7186a65.jpg

With your dome fixture inside the enclosure like that, you will need to make sure the UVB fixture is even or lower than the bottom of the Dome fixture or it will block much of the UVB. You may or may not have to cut a bigger hole in the screen to make things fit. Or just use a hotter bulb & just place the heat fixture on top of the screen. You will have to play with basking heights to get the BD close enough to the UVB bulb to be effective, this will also be a determining factor in choosing the strength\type of Basking bulb needed. Just some thoughts.

Check out the whole article that these pics that we've been posting come from. UVB Setup

Good Luck

gemma

Hatchling Dragon
I think I will put it at the front what inch and watt repti - sun should I get and what's the difference between repti - sun and repti - glow?

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
You want your uv light to span at least half the length of your tank, and the difference between reptisun and reptiglow is brand and quality. They're both long uv lights, but the Reptisun has been proven to emit higher levels of the uv. Reptisun is just plain better. Wattage: As long as it says 10.0 on the package that's what you want. I've also seen a 5.0 but you DON'T want that one. It doesn't put out enough UVB.

gemma

Hatchling Dragon
Ahh right thank you both I was just wondering as you can pick the repti glo up from the pets shop but not the repti - sun

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Ahh right thank you both I was just wondering as you can pick the repti glo up from the pets shop but not the repti - sun

That's odd that they carry one and not the other.

The Repti glow is suitable if you don't have access to the reptisun.

Just keep in mind they need to be changed every 6 months. They don't put out same UVB as the reptisun. And also the beardie I believe has to be able to get closer to it than the reptisun ones.

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Sure is.

But different companies produce different things.....

To many to choose from and some are completely the wrong thing.

I can go into my local pet smart store and literally have 6 different options.

It's horribly how business can sell things that arnt right for your pet.

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yes it will work. It has the prob. So what u do is put that on the surface of basking area and keep it there. That way u always know basking sight temp.

Than get another one put on cool side of enclosure to get its temp.

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
This is the one I use personally. It's tells me the temp and humidity level. Also if it drops to cold below my setpoint an alarm goes off same with humidity if it rises to high.
uploadfromtaptalk1392224739585.jpg

Latest posts