• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What did your dragon do today?

Pat B

Super Moderator
I am so glad that I have a Spike and not a Spikette!! I wouldn't know what to do with all the babies. I followed Germ and his 'baby adventure' and it was very interesting and the pictures were great. Good luck and keep us all posted....:cool:

LunaLupus

Hatchling Dragon
I am so glad that I have a Spike and not a Spikette!! I wouldn't know what to do with all the babies. I followed Germ and his 'baby adventure' and it was very interesting and the pictures were great. Good luck and keep us all posted....:cool:

I will! This is definitely a learning experience for my house. I'm just glad that the breeder is always available for all my questions. :D Even if I threatened to start claiming child support if she lays anymore. lol

BoomBoom

Hatchling Dragon
Boomer usually wakens herself up when her lights come on in the morning.. but today I couldnt see her out and about and looking for breakfast. She was behind her basking rock under the kitchen roll still fast asleep, all I could see were a little scrawny pair of legs stretched out from under the kitchen roll. She didnt look very pleased when I gently took the kitchen roll off of her. Much like when I drag the duvets off of the kids in the morning :p:D

Murtaghs_family

Hatchling Dragon
Castiel is looking very fat again :eek: she better not have another clutch on the way! She did nothing but lay around on rocks all day.
Cleo ate her pinkie after a LOT of nudging from both me and the critter master (my son, Stephon).

Cass as in supernatural?

Murtagh was an active ill guy today and also to the liberty of pooping on me... He seems so much more happy then when we first got him last June :)

Henry X Stella

Hatchling Dragon
both still sleeping today...actually, I don't know what I'm doing up at 8am. lol

yesterday was as big as any i guess, they had some roaches and greens for breakfast. I feed them about 30min. to and hour after all the lights come on. They have to be on their rocks first! (no sleeping in) lol. Usually back to hangout on their rocks for a couple hours until playtime. then later before dinner i hard boiled some eggs for a snack (as i like them too, small portion for dragons) along with ZooMed pellets and a few more Dubia for dinner my little guys were happy as can be. :)

Wake up, Dragon, Sleep, Repeat. . .

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I like this thread! I'm going to say what Dexter did yesterday since I only saw her for about an hour this morning.

She slowly started waking up around 5:30, lights on at 5:45am. Around 8 am she got 20 crickets (she usually gets them an hour after lights on but momma slept in :)). She got a bath in the big tub and her kitty friend Sasha was sitting on the edge of the tub making sure she got all clean! After drying off she explored her tank she finally settled on her vine. Lunch time came and I fed her the GREEN dandelion that I finally found and she ate a few leaves, yay! She settled on her vine where I presume she sat for the rest of the day until I got home! Dinner was at 6pm and dad gave her 15 crickets. I got home at 7pm and stuck her to my shirt and we went to upstairs to pay the rent (my landlord LOVES her!), then we went outside and checked the mail. After that she and I sat on the couch and watched Days of Our Lives. She thought about exploring but she fell asleep with her head on the couch and her butt on my shoulder. I guess sitting around all day is exhausting to her! Back in her tank for lights out at 8:30pm. She gets to stay up late on Wednesday's because I don't get home until later and we HAVE to have play time!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Allie loves to go out on car rides. I told her on Friday, we'd go on a trip somewhere she hasn't gone to yet. :) The top of her tank broke the other day and her screen cover's broken too! I don't really trust the tank to be open with her because she does have the habit of jumping into places she doesn't belong. So instead of worrying about her climbing up, jumping out of her tank and hurting herself in the process, I'm going to take her with me. Better to be safe than sorry. :D

BeardieMama

Hatchling Dragon
Harry is getting antsy. The weather here is getting warmer and he knows when it gets warm out he gets to go outside. There is still a bit of a chill in the air so I haven't brought him out yet so he sits in the window and watches the bugs and birds fly by. He will get the chance to go out and bask in the natural sun soon. He is so impatient, lol.

Murtaghs_family

Hatchling Dragon
Murtagh got a nice warm bath today and then went outside to bask in the sun with me. He then went exploring around the house, he is doing so much better :)

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She gets to stay up late on Wednesday's because I don't get home until later and we HAVE to have play time!
Disrupting a BD's day\night schedule is not the best of plans. BDs should have a consistent Day\Night schedule, same time of the day, everyday. Varying this can disrupt their internal clock. Keeping Lighting schedule & temps consistent may also help to stave off Brumation, as they may not sense a season change. Doesn't always work, but may help.

Good Luck

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Disrupting a BD's day\night schedule is not the best of plans. BDs should have a consistent Day\Night schedule, same time of the day, everyday. Varying this can disrupt their internal clock. Keeping Lighting schedule & temps consistent may also help to stave off Brumation, as they may not sense a season change. Doesn't always work, but may help.

Good Luck
I've been getting better at not disrupting her bed time, I know it's important. Sometimes it's hard coming home late from work and not getting just a little Dexter time!

Murtaghs_family

Hatchling Dragon
Murtagh walked with me to Starbucks (rode my shoulder) he loved meeting all the new people! He loved being out in the warm sun and now is doing his best to jump off the couch to run around! I will let him down in a minute

He is now doing his best to get past the baby gate we have up to keep our bunny from upstairs. He's not yet big enough to climb it but to big to slip through the holes.

Murtaghs_family

Hatchling Dragon
Murtagh is currently exploring the house and intimidating the cat... He and i were out basking this morning in the warm sun :)

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
BDs & Cats are a very poor mix, please be very careful. Cats are natural predators & are too fast for intervention should they take the notion to sample your BD.

Murtaghs_family

Hatchling Dragon
I agree with the natrual part but the only issue is the cat gets scared by our baby guinea pig, rodent vs cat... My cat loses...

Infact i was very wary of the hole situation... I was sitting not half a foot away just incase

Ozzie&Dino

Juvenile Dragon
I wish it would warm up and stay warm but last weekend here it was 80 degrees and I took the birds out and then this weekend I was going to take the Reptiles outside and we had rain all week so the temps dropped to 35 degrees. We have very strange Weather here. I just know Dino and Keena would love to be out in the natural sunlight. Ozzie our Chameleon loves it and his colors turn so gorgeous when he is outside.

ashley7988

Juvenile Dragon
Draco decided he was evel knievel and jumped from his branch to the thermometer in his tank and just dangled there for a minute before falling to the floor... It was only maybe 4 inches from the bottom of his foot but needless to say we made some adjusting in his enclosure so he can't hold onto the thermometer anymore! He did it twice though so maybe he thought it was fun :p

Latest posts