• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What did your dragon do today?

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Cass has decided to brumate :( so sad!
Fire has moved up to 3/4" crickets.

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Mine has decided to eat most of his salad for the first time the rest I found on his floor of tank that the most I have seen him eat at all he is a year old and he started to shed around his mouth

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Mine hasn't start brumation yet. :) I've got an appointment at the vet tomorrow to make sure Allie's well enough to before the winter sets in. :)

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Good news! I went to the vet this morning to check out Allie's health. Everything's great. She's exactly a pound and according to the vet, the healthiest exotic they've ever encountered since opening their business. Whenever they get bearded dragons for examinations, they aren't as healthy as mine. She wondered what I've been feeding Allie. She remarked how big she's gotten. The only thing she couldn't do was open her mouth. Whenever the vet tried to open her mouth, Allie turned around to me and ran up my arm. All they need now is a fecal to make sure she doesn't have parasites and worms.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You cant kill this thread, its too good. i would love to get it pinned guys.
It is a good thread, is quite active, so it is generally near the top of the forum anyway. If it does fall down the list, then it is because interest has been lost in it, which I don't imagine is going to happen anytime soon ;) .

As far as making it a 'Sticky', that will not happen ... It is a 'Fun' thread, but does not contain sufficient specific educational information to warrant 'Stickying' it.

Sorry

danielnz00

Bearded Dragon Egg
Today my beardie ran around its home chasing a blow fly i put in there, quiet interesting to see they can jump using there tails to push off the floor with, finally got it in the end after she stop'd chasing it and stood still. it landed right in front of her

danielnz00

Bearded Dragon Egg
Its all i have atm until my other live foods arrive. My beardie's young and won't eat dead bugs or anything and all pet shops around me are out of mealworms, crickets and grass hoppers

Lemonpie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Today my beardie went to the vet to get his first dose of anti-worm meds and was really P'd off. Then I went to a local reptile show and picked up some silkworms and roaches as a treat and he LOVED them! I gave him a bath and he cuddled with me and now he's sleeping :)

*Moderated*

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
Today I was feeding Baby and his nail got stuck in the repticarpet while he was trying to eat the crickets and then he got scared and refused to eat anymore crickets after that...the poor little guy!!! I am too afraid to trim his nails, so what should I do??

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Go back to the vet and ask them to trim his nails or go to Petland if you've one and ask them to. It only requires a cat clipper. I'm so glad that Baby's feeling much better.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Today I was feeding Baby and his nail got stuck in the repticarpet while he was trying to eat the crickets and then he got scared and refused to eat anymore crickets after that...the poor little guy!!! I am too afraid to trim his nails, so what should I do??
You should not have to trim it's nails at it's age. Trimming them will inhibit it's climbing ability by removing the points. BDs have claws, using such substrates as repti-carpet, provides the risk of them getting caught. If it is a concern, change the substrate to something that it can not get caught in. e.g. non-adhesive shelf liner, slate, ceramic tile, textured lino\vinyl, newspaper, papertowel, butchers paper, etc, to name a few. Having a rock in the enclosure that will act as an emery board as it crawls\climbs on it, will help keep them in check naturally.

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
Ok, thanks Germ! I've always had repti-carpet and I have never seen his nails get caught before until today...at what age do you begin to trim their nails?

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
mine would paw at the carpet like a cat does before he went to sleep, made so much stinking noise. but he never got stuck in the carpet. i switched to sand(once he was 13 inches) and he loves it, though its not always a good choice for baby bearded dragons

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
mine would paw at the carpet like a cat does before he went to sleep, made so much stinking noise. but he never got stuck in the carpet. i switched to sand(once he was 13 inches) and he loves it, though its not always a good choice for baby bearded dragons

Allie succeeds in digging and tearing up her paper towels until she gets to the bare bottom of glass. She's warm though and shows sexy legs whenever she gets comfortable. :)

Pat B

Super Moderator
Spike went ballistic in his enclosure today. I took out his beloved hammock and he tried to climb up the glass! He even opened his mouth at me and he never does that! I would say he is a pretty p'd off dragon today!! I will put it back later today so he can sleep in peace!! :D

Meganimoo

Hatchling Dragon
Persie finally ate some salad today, for the first time since I got him in August! I was getting a bit worried that he wasn't getting enough nutrients but he seemed to really enjoy it so I'm happy now :D

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That's great that Persie ate some greens. Today, Allie ate all her greens and had four crickets. Found out that Petland jipped me out of crickets. I bought 200 crickets at the first of the month and when I went to clean and see how many I had left. I had 27 from 200. I know for sure she didn't eat more than four crickets each day, morning and night.

LunaLupus

Hatchling Dragon
My daughter's beardie decided to bless us with another clutch of eggs. This is the second one she's laid in the 5wks we've had her. The first clutch is still doing well. :)

Today's clutch on the left, September's on the right.
GEDC1014.jpg

Latest posts