• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

UVB Reptisun

landon ✰

Hatchling Dragon
Hi,

I’ve heard a UVB tube needs to be inside of the bearded dragon tank.

How do I strap it (or whatever you wanna call it) in there?

My tank is opened from above FYI.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi,

I’ve heard a UVB tube needs to be inside of the bearded dragon tank.

How do I strap it (or whatever you wanna call it) in there?

My tank is opened from above FYI.
Open from above? Meaning no screen? I can help you w/ both but tell me if there is a screen or no screen

dharvey4651

Hatchling Dragon
There is a screen.
If you zoom in, you should be able to see how I poked holes in the screen and used large zip ties.
20201224_202631.jpg20201226_180416.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If you zoom in, you should be able to see how I poked holes in the screen and used large zip ties.
View attachment 24936View attachment 24937
And what is the distance ? It looks too far -- distance should be 12-15 inches from basking decor --- no further or he wont get enough UVB rays --- you can switch to the Arcadia 14% bulb then distance would need to be 17-18 inches --- here is pic of Blazes tank I am using the Rep 10.0 T 5

Attachments

• Blaze tank 12-29-2020.jpg
    Blaze tank 12-29-2020.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 95

dharvey4651

Hatchling Dragon
I'm confused on how you’d zip tie the light to the screen since it is a flat hood?

I‘m sorry if I am making this harder than it is.
You're not and I can appreciate that you want to get your lighting placed correctly. I just took a better shot of my UVB light showing how it is attached.

You'll need some very large zip ties. They can be bought at most hardware stores.

20210101_115753.jpg20210101_115801.jpg

dharvey4651

Hatchling Dragon
And what is the distance ? It looks too far -- distance should be 12-15 inches from basking decor --- no further or he wont get enough UVB rays --- you can switch to the Arcadia 14% bulb then distance would need to be 17-18 inches --- here is pic of Blazes tank I am using the Rep 10.0 T 5
Distance is currently 13 inches from the 22" Reptisun UVB 10.0 bulb and his decor in my tank. I'm redoing his decor in the coming weeks so he'll be able to get even closer if he wants to with a new multi-tiered setup.

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Depending on the weight of your fixture, you can use heavy-duty velcro. For most fixtures, velcro that can hold up to 5 pounds will work well.
Make sure you have a sturdy screen top before you permanently hang anything from it, putting a lot of strain on it constantly can break or bend the screen.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Distance is currently 13 inches from the 22" Reptisun UVB 10.0 bulb and his decor in my tank. I'm redoing his decor in the coming weeks so he'll be able to get even closer if he wants to with a new multi-tiered setup.
Ok just no closer than the 12 inches anything closer to it is too strong

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is his current tank..
Ok so if you can take the screen off or half off or move the UVB and place it length wise at the end of the tank-- just so it's unobstructed- you can butt the screen up to the UVB and place the basking bulb up to it--- just so he can get directly under it w/ a distance of 12-15 inches- sorry for the confusion last post it was worded wrong

landon ✰

Hatchling Dragon
Ok so if you can take the screen off or half off or move the UVB and place it length wise at the end of the tank-- just so it's unobstructed- you can butt the screen up to the UVB and place the basking bulb up to it--- just so he can get directly under it w/ a distance of 12-15 inches- sorry for the confusion last post it was worded wrong
Can you show me an example?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Can you show me an example?
This is a 20 gallon I had the screen butted up to the UVB at the end of the tank I had the basking lamp clamped to the end of the tank - w/ yours you can take the screen if you can and place 3/4 on

Attachments

• IMG_20190914_084445.jpg
    IMG_20190914_084445.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 88

landon ✰

Hatchling Dragon
Wait, so the hood doesn’t need to be in the actual tank or just depends?

From my image, does my UVB need to be in the tank?

Latest posts