• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

urgent!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sorry your going through all this babies are just super hard when they are that little..I agree with the advice you've been given here lots of us have many years of figuring out and "weeding" thru info to find the "truths" about beardie care to give our scaly friends the best chance to thrive.. Pet stores like said above some really don't really know the best care and only tell customers what they are told to say. Now there are some that actually do very good at caring for their reptiles..If you feel that is the case and you want to take your baby back for them to have it seen by their vet then do so. Know that they don't just get taken asap to the vet, some do some don't everyone has schedules and appt times kinda like a triage.

They do sleep in the most interesting places lol They do need the dark in order to get good restorative sleep. Have you gotten him hides to go under to feel safe and cozy? Babies have a very active instinct to hide at night from predators.. My 4 1/2 month old baby and my 1 year old both sleep under their half logs on a piece of soft fleece on the cool side of their enclosures.

I hope your little one hangs in there and gets over this hurdle, I would mash up some crickets, critical care, calcium or multivit not both at the same time...into a slurry and dribble it on his nose many times through out the day...that way he gets protein, hydration, and vit's and calcium that they need..
Good luck and keep us posted.

lukas owens

Hatchling Dragon
Sorry your going through all this babies are just super hard when they are that little..I agree with the advice you've been given here lots of us have many years of figuring out and "weeding" thru info to find the "truths" about beardie care to give our scaly friends the best chance to thrive.. Pet stores like said above some really don't really know the best care and only tell customers what they are told to say. Now there are some that actually do very good at caring for their reptiles..If you feel that is the case and you want to take your baby back for them to have it seen by their vet then do so. Know that they don't just get taken asap to the vet, some do some don't everyone has schedules and appt times kinda like a triage.

They do sleep in the most interesting places lol They do need the dark in order to get good restorative sleep. Have you gotten him hides to go under to feel safe and cozy? Babies have a very active instinct to hide at night from predators.. My 4 1/2 month old baby and my 1 year old both sleep under their half logs on a piece of soft fleece on the cool side of their enclosures.

I hope your little one hangs in there and gets over this hurdle, I would mash up some crickets, critical care, calcium or multivit not both at the same time...into a slurry and dribble it on his nose many times through out the day...that way he gets protein, hydration, and vit's and calcium that they need..
Good luck and keep us posted.

I have a place fro him to hide yes. but I don't think he can find it while in the dark.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a place fro him to hide yes. but I don't think he can find it while in the dark.
Trust me they can see just fine in the dark way better than us for sure.. Now their judgement on where to sleep can be interesting..

lukas owens

Hatchling Dragon
Trust me they can see just fine in the dark way better than us for sure.. Now their judgement on where to sleep can be interesting..

ok, they got him checked in, they have stated treating him with critical care and crickets, I am assuming he is okay for now, they are taking him to a vet to get him checked up soon.

Elders

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I'm sorry to hear about your loss....it is always difficult. Even though it was for a short time you did right by him.

Try to stay away from pet stores...they are usually....not good.

Good idea getting an older beardy. Much easier to raise.

Again sorry to hear about your loss.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
my pet died yesterday. I never named him. they didn't even let me know he died. :(
Very sorry that your little one earned his wings :( They are soo fragile that little.. So they never called to tell you?? So I take it you called to see how he was then they told you?? Wow that's wrong! Did they give you your $ back??
Again very sorry..Not all pet stores are bad you just need to check them over really well and even then sometimes nature can be cruel.. Both of mine have come from big name pet store and they are just fine.

Elders

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Very sorry that your little one earned his wings :( They are soo fragile that little.. So they never called to tell you?? So I take it you called to see how he was then they told you?? Wow that's wrong! Did they give you your $ back??
Again very sorry..Not all pet stores are bad you just need to check them over really well and even then sometimes nature can be cruel.. Both of mine have come from big name pet store and they are just fine.

You are fortunate, I've had poor experiences from my pet stores, but you're right. I can't generalize all are bad.

I agree, I can't belive they didnt notify you properly.

lukas owens

Hatchling Dragon

yeah, that was exactly what happened.

lukas owens

Hatchling Dragon
You are fortunate, I've had poor experiences from my pet stores, but you're right. I can't generalize all are bad.

I agree, I can't belive they didnt notify you properly.

I think I'm going to buy from the one family you guys recommended me.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
So sorry :( I would recommend getting one that is a little older.

lukas owens

Hatchling Dragon
I have put a bearded dragon on hold and plan to buy him soon, I am buying him from the family you guys recommended

lukas owens

Hatchling Dragon
Any Pics?

5f.jpg

yeah, I really liked the look of this little guy, I just have to find some time to call today.

lukas owens

Hatchling Dragon
she will be here Wednesday, I'll take a picture of her (they know it's a female) and post it on this thread.
she is supposedly very, VERY active and jumps around a lot.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
she will be here Wednesday, I'll take a picture of her (they know it's a female) and post it on this thread.
Good I guess that's your heads up while your handling her :) she will keep you on your toes..

Elders

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Looking forward to some pics;

Just a heads up....they travel long distances inside a rumbling tumbling box with shredded newspaper in it.....not a fun trip.

Put her in her enclosure (make sure temps and uvb and every thing is preset-up.) and give her a day; then try handling the following day; it'll help her adjust to her new home; it'll let her see you and smell the air of her new home....handling right away will shock her and she wont be herself.....

Are they sending you some dubias along with her?

lukas owens

Hatchling Dragon
he will be here Wednesday, I'll take a picture of her (they know it's a female) and post it on this thread.
Looking forward to some pics;

Just a heads up....they travel long distances inside a rumbling tumbling box with shredded newspaper in it.....not a fun trip.

Put her in her enclosure (make sure temps and uvb and every thing is preset-up.) and give her a day; then try handling the following day; it'll help her adjust to her new home; it'll let her see you and smell the air of her new home....handling right away will shock her and she wont be herself.....

Are they sending you some dubias along with her?

I ordered some buffalo worms with it, as I want to keep her on the same diet she has been on. buffalo worms seem fine to feed

Latest posts