• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Update on Allie's Lump II

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I know I haven't been updating much on here, but a lot has happened. Allie's second lump's going down which is a good thing. The bad news is: Allie's Respiratory Infection is wrecking havoc on her. She has been gaping and gasping and is on antibiotics. It's day 5 of 0.35 ccs of Enrofloxacin. I had been giving her 0.23 ccs of it in the beginning and now she's on the upped dose. I'm going to get some more when I go to the vet. She wants her on the antibiotic for 10-20 days.

This morning, when it was 'yuck yuck time' Medicine Time, one of her nostrils was plugged up. She's not shedding. It's like a piece of skin is blocking the little nose hole there. It's movable, not removable though. It doesn't even look like a mucous plug. Her sinuses are blocked and draining into her stomach. She's still coughing, but with my help. I've been helping with patting her back and it does work. She coughs and swallows. She and I are exhausted. My bird's going crazy upstairs.

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
I'm so glad to hear about her lump going down! Hopefully the increased dose will help with her infection? With the exhaustive care you're giving, I'm thinking next time I get sick...I'd like you to take care of ME! You're doing a great job I know you're baby appreciates you to the moon and back :)

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I was really upset last night when I received a heart wrenching message about Allie not making it. It made me so upset that I slept through two rented movies and I almost lost my hope. Sure, I'll take care of you! :D

Thanks. She's been like this for ten days. I'm feeding her every couple of hours or so. Sometimes, resting. I'm about to get off and rest again. I'm exhausted to the point of no return.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
What's this about Allie not making it?????? :( You are such a good patient mommy and Allie is so lucky that she found you. Fingers crossed that this new dosage will help her.

I'm with Atochats, I want you to come take care of me!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What's this about Allie not making it?????? :( You are such a good patient mommy and Allie is so lucky that she found you. Fingers crossed that this new dosage will help her.

I'm with Atochats, I want you to come take care of me!

This biologist told me she might not make it if I didn't buy a nebulizer and treatment. She has been under the care of a vet and the antibiotics she's on is Baytril Generic. The vet told me she doesn't use nebulizers because of yellow fungus and other types of infections that she can get if I use it.

I bought Generic Baytril back in October. It'll be expiring in February. She's almost finished with it now so I'll have to go back to the vet and get a bottle. She was really exhausted this morning and wanted to sleep in this morning. I let her do so til about 9:33.

Today, she ate a single solitary cricket and bearded up and hissed at me after her antibiotics. The girl has energy and tried to run away from me.

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
You had me confused too when u said something about her not making it...take care of yourself too hon. I'll be thinking about both of you.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You had me confused too when u said something about her not making it...take care of yourself too hon. I'll be thinking about both of you.

Sorry. I'm really exhausted and so is she. But guess what? You'll love this! I soaked her in a tub full of warm water and let her soak about 10 minutes. I was splashing her and wetting her head. She started licking my finger. I started spritzing her tip of her nose with some room temperature water that went through a filter, and she started drinking the heck out of it. She just kept drinking. I always syringed her water into her mouth.

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
That's awesome she's drinking on her own!!! Showing interest and enjoying her bath? Keep it up "my little hope" Allie! She's not even mine and I'm giving her a nickname lol

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Let's focus on these positive moments and not what the biologist said! He/She doesn't know the determination you have to get Allie well again. Come on Allie, you can get better!!!!!!!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes. She's showing interest in her bath and ate some greens. I hope she eats some on her own. You just never know. I chopped them up.

I'm not going to listen to the what the biologist said. If she wants me to have a nebulizer, let her buy it for me. I'm not going to spend my money on something that'll probably make her sicker. I read that they medicated their dragons with many antibiotics and nebulizing treatments causing them to have yellow fungus and other infections.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She's eaten some on her own and some with my help. Then I looked down her throat and guess what I saw in her throat. A pile of chewed up greens. Do they like have a pouch they store greens in?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I don't know about a pouch. Someone else said theirs stored crickets in their beard which I never heard of before.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I just read on another site that it happens. The reason being is because they don't drink water like we do and their saliva is thicker and their throat is dry so it's sometimes hard to get the greens to go down but they eventually do. They said if you are concerned you could give them some water. They also said that sometimes it gets in the way of their airway and that is why they gape or yawn immediately after eating.

I don't know if any of this is true but it sounds like a good answer.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That does sound like a good answer. I gave her water and she lapped it up. She drank a lot of water yesterday and right before bedtime. Thirsty little girl.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I think it might be right. I've been worried about my new baby Lucy. She gapes and makes a motion with her throat like she's going to throw up but only when she's eating. I am feeding her little crickets but sometimes she gets 2 at a time. Today I gave her a drop of water during breakfast, surprisingly she took it from the syringe and she seems okay. She's now jumping around her tank like the spitfire she is!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Today, she ate three crickets and some of her greens. She was also rubbing the side of her nose (Nostrils) on her wooden hideaway. So maybe she's clearing out her sinuses on her own by doing that. I'm not sure. It's not shed.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Good morning. I gave Allie a warm soak today for about 10-15 minutes. She had a lot of fun, swimming around and then she dunked her head under the water and started to drink the water from her bath. She was so happy that she started splashing water all around and splashed me good. She's rehydrated now and got her stitches wet. (Can't help it. The dragon needed to drink and get rehydrated. Now, I'll try feeding her and seeing if she'll eat on her own. If she's able to drink on her own, she should be able to eat on her own today.) That's a great improvement!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is great news, sounds like she's on the mend!

She sure fights against taking her antibiotics and I need someone to come up and help me with her. She wants to soak more now, but it's too late now to soak in warm water. I'll have to let her soak tomorrow morning and let her drink again. I feel much relieved. The only thing is: The antibiotics are bothering her stomach and she'll eat small amounts of greens every couple of hours or so.

Latest posts