• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Update on Allie's Lump II

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Allie went to a new vet yesterday for an exotic exam. She passed the exotic exam 100 percent.

Now for the lump. The vet felt it, aspirated it, took a sample, and found it to be a neoplasm. (Meaning uneven cells.) She said that it's not good news and wants to biospy it in case it's cancerous. (Which I hope it's not and it's benign.)

Allie goes back next Tuesday for surgery to remove it and send it off.

The new vet was happy to have someone there with a lot of knowledge about her environment and claimed that most owners don't know about them. They use all the wrong things. She's glad to have someone who has decent knowledge of what types of equipment and everything.

Allie's 2 1/2 years old now.

The new vet was also pleased because Allie was so calm and didn't run away much. She also kissed the vet and the tech. Several times. (Tasting maybe.)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Sending positive thoughts Allie's way! She's such a sweetie hopefully it's nothing.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
She sounds like she's being her normal lovable self. Has she been acting any different or eating different?

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No changes whatsoever. She's acting like her normal self. But she has been getting up early.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
No changes whatsoever. She's acting like her normal self. But she has been getting up early.

That's good no changes. Getting up early could just be from Daylight Savings time. I don't know about the mornings but Dexter is sleepy earlier at night now. Tonight she was dead asleep on the couch with me at 6pm!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks @gilliesexotics

The new vet I took her to said that I should keep her from brumation or any type of brumation until this is taken care of thoroughly and if the biopsy's clean.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
@Augie

Thanks for your thoughts. She's eating well and being the usual dragon. Surgery's Tuesday.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
@PatsyB : Yes, she's doing well.

Surgery went without a hitch and she came through it. Even recovered fast and is awake. I get to pick her up at 4PM. :)

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I wish I had a camera before she went to the back. What she did was really intelligent of her. Before going to the back, she gave me the hugest hug she could and wouldn't move for a while. She kissed me. Then she went to grandma and gave her a tiny hug, then she went to the receptionist and gave her a hug and a kiss, too. She was something else. The receptionist said, this is the first dragon that they had that was docile and so easy to handle. She said she might even let her sit up front and let her go on the computer and in her jacket if she gets cold. Allie loves to cuddle.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
How cute! It's such a good feeling to know that you raised such a friendly dragon. It's also a good feeling to know that because of her there are people out there that are less afraid of dragons. I know when I take Dexter to work everyone is surprised at how docile she is and everyone wants to touch her and hold her.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Newalliepc.jpg
newalliepc2.jpg

Recovering.

Latest posts