• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Update on Allie's Lump II

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Lets see. She ate a plate full of turnip greens and a plate full of escarole. Then this morning, she ate a plate full of escarole. So she's quite ravenous and is plump from all that she ate. She must have been in a lot of pain not to eat much. She's healing as expected. She's never had escarole before and she loves it.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How cute! It's such a good feeling to know that you raised such a friendly dragon. It's also a good feeling to know that because of her there are people out there that are less afraid of dragons. I know when I take Dexter to work everyone is surprised at how docile she is and everyone wants to touch her and hold her.

I got her as a juvenile and been holding her ever since. She's such a 'docile' and good girl. The vet said the moment she woke up, she started running all over the kennel and climbing the door to get out. They called me to tell me she's wild and ate all her greens like crazy. They wanted me to pick her up.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
10 days. The vet wants to see her in December to remove the stitches. I'm hopeful. I took a huge nap yesterday and went to bed early last night. I was exhausted.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I bet you were exhausted. Worrying about our "kids" is a full time job!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes I was. I'm still exhausted and she's sleeping on me. She didn't sleep on me last night.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Newest Update:

I've got a question for you...I was reading the recovery instructions on Allie. It says she needs to rest. Okay.

How can I get her to rest? You don't. She's been really active lately and acting like a two year old toddler tasting everything in her tank. :)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
That's cute! There is no way to get her to rest. She's excited to be home with her mommy!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
@PatsyB : She's really truly happy to be back home. She messed up the hospital kennel she was supposed to be in for the whole day and night. It makes me wonder if other beardies, if they ever spent the night and wake up after surgery, do this? I'll never know. She's such a trip! I could hear her in the hospital kennel running around and making noises. She really wanted me really bad. It's like, "Where's my Mommy? Where's my husky? Where's my tank? Where's my food? Where's everything? I need everything and I want my Mommy now!"

That's what the vet techs told me. She was wild.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Update on Allie's Lump. The first lump is healing nicely. Another lump appeared on her jawline or below it. It's barely noticable, but it's there. So to help with medical expenses, I opened up The Allie Fund for her. (I'm going to see if I can post it first.)

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Update on Allie's Lump! I know it's been a long while since I posted on here. Well, Dec. 4. Oh well. That's okay. I've been worrying over Allie far too long and went to the vet for her biopsy report. Tired of waiting, stressing, and staying up late til 4-5 AM in the morning. I went down there and they started looking for the baby. Well, the baby's home under her lights. They wanted to see her and look at her stitches. Now if I was emailed or called, I would've known to bring her in for an early check up.

However, the first lump is Not Cancerous which is good news to me. That's great news to be exact.

Now for the bad news: It is Bacterial in nature. Meaning it's a Bacterial Infection that needs treatment with antibiotics. They didn't give me an antibiotic to give to her to battle this second lump.

However, the second lump is Shrinking down to size. So that means her immune system could be fighting it.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
So glad to hear it's not cancerous. I was worried when you hadn't updated her condition(and I was too afraid to ask). Good that the second one is shrinking and since it's shrinking does she still need antibiotics? What would have caused it?

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm not sure. It could have been a retained shed? I'm not entirely sure. They're not treating it yet. I've been so worried about her. I just started going to bed at 1 AM instead of 4-5 in the morning. And waking up tired. :/

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It drives me crazy how much these little creatures make us worry about them. I look over every little bit of Dexter's body every day and if her color is off or something doesn't look like it did the day before I think she's dying! The other day I almost convinced myself that she had MBD because she was so relaxed and chill and wasn't pushing back on my hand when I played with her foot. I know I drive my boyfriend crazy!

You have to get your sleep though, you need to be well rested so you can take care of her. If your tired and worried, she's going to pick up on it and get stressed because you are.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh I know. I didn't even get a good night's sleep last night. Found it hard to just turn off. She picked up on my worry because she didn't want to sit on me for very long. Now, she'll sit on me.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
When I'm upset and I take Dexter out she usually runs to the opposite side of the couch and just gives me stink-eye! She tries to get as far away as possible!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They know when to do the stink eye really good. I've seen it given to her grandma whenever grandma doesn't give her treats.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Newest Update: The baby girl has just started sneezing and acting a bit different. She was eating her crickets today and lost interest in them. I thought, she's not interested in them and haven't heard anything from her today except she was really active and wanted her Mommy.

Tonight, she was settling to go to bed and she started sneezing. (No mucous coming out of her mouth, no wheezing, nothing. But I did give her some Baytril Generic tonight before bed and elevated her head tonight in her bed. I gave her 0.1 ccs dosage of 10 mb/ml. The lowest for now.

She weighs 453 grams or 1 lbs. 1 ounces according to the most recent vet weigh in. (I'm also going to see if the lump goes down with this treatment.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So far, she's doing good. It's not a sneeze, but a cough. I'm not concerned or worried about her much, unless it gets worse for her. I'm pretty positive that she'll get over it and soon. It's day 3 now.

Latest posts