• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

This cricket virus thing

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Looks like Ghann's is now infected. They weren't making it public for a while but now it's on their site.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
well that just sucks. I hope they do not stop selling their half inch and under for a while lol I have babies hatching as of 30 minutes ago.

also do you have a link?? It would be easier cause im on my phone haha

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They said they won't stop selling but there will be a much shorter supply while they disinfect parts of the facility

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have been reading on their site and I can not for the life of me find anywere that it says they are having a significant problem with the virus at their facility.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They said it wasn't a big issue but there is something. It may be worse but they aren't makin it public

This is what it says on the site: "At present we do not have a significant widespread problem like many other growers are experiencing, and are doing everything we can to prevent that. Therefore, we are planning a temporary staggered shutdown of parts of our facility for a few weeks to perform some preventive maintenance and implement new processes and procedures in an attempt to avoid the devastating problems that some others are facing. Unfortunately, this shutdown will temporarily result in a further reduction in our available supply of crickets. While these measures may seem extreme, we feel that being proactive in this situation is warranted, wise, and in the best interest of not only the future of our company but also that of our valued customers like you. Ghann's has been one of the premiere suppliers of live crickets to the pet industry for nearly 60 years. We want to be here for many years to come, and we believe the steps we are taking will give us the best chance of doing so.

We appreciate your understanding as our industry continues to navigate these uncharted waters."

Ghann's also signed up to my site too and we have been talking with them about the situation

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
beardielover17 said:
They said it wasn't a big issue but there is something. It may be worse but they aren't makin it public

This is what it says on the site: "At present we do not have a significant widespread problem like many other growers are experiencing, and are doing everything we can to prevent that. Therefore, we are planning a temporary staggered shutdown of parts of our facility for a few weeks to perform some preventive maintenance and implement new processes and procedures in an attempt to avoid the devastating problems that some others are facing. Unfortunately, this shutdown will temporarily result in a further reduction in our available supply of crickets. While these measures may seem extreme, we feel that being proactive in this situation is warranted, wise, and in the best interest of not only the future of our company but also that of our valued customers like you. Ghann's has been one of the premiere suppliers of live crickets to the pet industry for nearly 60 years. We want to be here for many years to come, and we believe the steps we are taking will give us the best chance of doing so.

We appreciate your understanding as our industry continues to navigate these uncharted waters."

Ghann's also signed up to my site too and we have been talking with them about the situation

Sorry thought you were talking about something new. That has been on their site for around a month now. You had me scared for a minute lol.

Latest posts