• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rocky the rescue

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It was very cool to see. Our last beardie barely tolerated his soakings, much less actually enjoyed them. lol I am so happy to have Rocky, he's turning out to be pretty awesome. :D

That's great! Allie let me scratch her head before bed. Went late tonight. Went shopping earlier for some things. She didn't seem to mind her dessert tonight either. Squash baby food.

If I buy a carving pumpkin, could I feed Allie the flesh? Or does it have to be canned pure pumpkin?

LunaLupus

Hatchling Dragon
Squash baby food? Hmmmm I am adding that to my grocery list now. :D And I would think you could feed her pumpkin if it were grated. Doesn't it just have to be soft/small enough for them?

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've been giving her squash baby food as a treat and for hydration. (I bought these disposable baby spoons and I dip it into the glass, like the tip, and then give her some. She'll smell and lick at it. Then she'll clasp her mouth around the spoon taking it off. My gosh, she eats off a baby food spoon since I got them. (When she was sick.) I don't know how I managed to train her to do that, but it's cute and hilarious.

LunaLupus

Hatchling Dragon
The squash baby food was a huge success! Rocky adores it! lol It is so funny, next time I'm going to have to video it. He latches onto the baby spoon and doesn't let go until the food is all gone. :D It also got him to eat his greens tonight. Thanks for the tip! Big Ang likes it as well.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That's great! Allie had some today and ate hers. Sometimes they don't like to eat what's good for them. But you know the squash baby food trick always works. :)

Pat B

Super Moderator
It is good to hear rescue Rocky is doing so well. He definitely loves his new home and he who feeds him!! He will soon be a happy chunky monkey! Keep us posted. It is so interesting how a rescue can be brought 'back to life'...:D

LunaLupus

Hatchling Dragon
Rocky is still doing well. One of his large scabs came off in the tub today. It looks a little weird, but we'll see if the scales grow back properly. Other than that he's eating, drinking, pooping, and acting like a normal little beardie. :D

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Made my day much better. Had this puppy coming into my yard and my dogs love to shake them up til they die and I didn't want that to happen. I took the puppy back to his home and put him into one of the kennels. Gave him a spare water bowl and left him. I had three days of migraine, tension headaches that refuse to go away. I've been trying not to live on migraine relief or Tylenol. Glad that Rocky's on his way to recovery. :)

LunaLupus

Hatchling Dragon
If you get migraines a lot, talk to your doctor about Treximet. It works wonders for me. I haven't had a migraine yet that it couldn't get rid of. And it's a take as needed pill so you don't have to take it every day. :)

Hope your weekend is better than yesterday.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Mine's shedding on her legs now. :) She's such a baby. I was lying on the couch and relaxing with Allie on my chest. She was looking around and covered a little with her blankets. Well, she walked to my mouth, climbed up my face, and put her head and throat on my nose and went to sleep. LOL

LunaLupus

Hatchling Dragon
Sorry I haven't updated this one recently. Rocky is doing wonderfully!!! Most of his scabs have fallen off, he's mellowed out and put on quite a bit of weight. In fact, he's well on his way to being spoiled. He doesn't even hunt his crickets anymore. He waits until I put the cup of crickets in his tank, runs up and sticks his head right in to eat. lol

Anyway, here are a couple pictures taken today. You can see the difference a month makes!!!!
GEDC1016.jpg

GEDC1015.jpg

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Lookin' good, Rocky! So glad he's doing better and I was just thinking about him the other day. You know, I think we're both transmitting ESP or something. LOL! :)

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
HI; LUNA: i am new to the site and just reading about ROCKY-and i must commend you for taking the little one in and i'm sure with his care, he will be the best friend to you and your family-THANK YOU for doing his RESCUE- a true rescue and good luck with the little guy. Bella-aka-river-7

Latest posts