• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

PICS OF THE PEOPLE ON THE FORUM!!!!!

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Monique, you had to take pictures at funerals? Do people have that done often?

Personally I think it is sick, but it was my job. So had no choice.

Its mandatory when someone died in the line of duty for the board of enquiry. It is really bad if it was someone you knew well... Having to stand there and document the funeral and burial....

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Pogie said:
It is really bad if it was someone you knew well... Having to stand there and document the funeral and burial....

I meant no disrespect for my last post. I hadn't even considered this....and am very sorry for the comments.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
OT again. But in some families that is a common practice. My grandfather died before I was born but my father had pics of him in his casket.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I meant no disrespect for my last post. I hadn't even considered this....and am very sorry for the comments.

Dont worry. The
comment is my opinion.

Like Vesta said
But in some families that is a common practice. My grandfather died before I was born but my father had pics of him in his casket.

This is also true. When my great grandmother died (I was 9 at the time) Pictures of the funeral was also taken. I didnt think it was funny or weird or sick at the time, and now I'm actually glad, as some of the last pictures of other family members were taken there.

SerenityAppeals

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ooo pictures.... photography is my main hobby.
Run down on the family first so as to not confuse (13 pictures being uploaded now)
Ethan - My Fiancee
Jess - me
Hobbes - orange tabby kitty
Ashleigh - blue point siamese
Corey - chi terrier
Annie - long haired chi
Zoe - Min Pin Pup
No Name [yet] - beardie
Milo - Cockatoo
Wyatt - Cockatiel
That's the gang... here are the photos...

2v33m9d.jpg

^^ Ashleigh

nb27hs.jpg

^ Annie and Corey in the car on the way to Cali
(we go to So Cal about 4 times a year and 4 of the 8 join us! - 3 dogs, 2 humans, and a beardie is funny to see in a single cab truck for 5 hours!)

2ykytlv.jpg

^Hobbes after she stole Zoe's toy.

2d9s8jr.jpg

^Wyatt the Cockatiel

34gwz0h.jpg

^Milo with his ball of yarn and Ethan trying to convince him to "share".

23maq89.jpg

^Zoe the Min Pin, exhausted!

2mpheds.jpg

^Me! Camping in Cali last year on the beach!!

52gdw1.jpg

^Ethan and I in Cali.

j5i9g6.jpg

^Me in Cali.

53a5jr.jpg

^Ethan and "No Name"

Also I saw the motorcycle pics and I couldn't help but post this one (below) of me in the ICU after a Yukon slammed in to me from behind. I was at a stop light, I had just come to a stop and I looked at one of my mirrors in time to see the yukon pretty much on top of me. Crushed my radial head (elbow) dislocated the ulna on both ends, broke and dislocated my collar bone, and broke my wrist. Also sprained my neck (from landing on my head - I high sided), and had a bit of road rash on my knees. Thank God for good gear and full face helmets!

jidwsy.jpg

^Me in the ICU after 8 hours of emergency surgery to save my right arm. :)

That's all I have to share... hope it's okay I shared so much. If not let me know and I can take them down.

-Jess

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Jess, nice to meet you. Wow, you really have a menagerie of pets. The minpin is hysterical.

Glad you are recovered from that horrific accident. Do you still ride?

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
OH MY JESS...That last pic tears me up. That was bad and I am glad you are alright.

Nice critter family you have there. :D I am raising my daughters Mini Pin untill she gets her own place and come get him. He is a little tyrant. Cute as he can be but holding us hostage.

Don't remember welcoming you to the forum sooooo.... WELCOME. ;D

SerenityAppeals

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks - yea we have a bit of a zoo going on. We want to add one more Beardie, 1 or 2 human children (10 year plan here lol), 1 more dog, and we have been looking at other reptiles. I only keep animals I can hold lol... otherwise I get frustrated.

Ive rode minimally - now that I am cleared it's getting over the "Fear" of being in an accident. We are thinking of trading my bike in for a car though. The truck isnt cutting it anymore and now that college is over and we are thinking about human kiddos a car seems like the mature decision. But hey, we might win the lotto then we could keep my bike AND buy a car lol.

-Jess

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yes. You MIGHT. LOL

We were faced with the same dilemma 35 years ago. All we had was a bike too. But when I became pregnant I rode as long as I could and then decided we'd better get a car. Been looking for pics. We had a Honda. (I want to say 350 4 cyclinder, but something doesn't look right) We were both very small people back then so it was plenty big enough for us. We traveled all over Europe on it. Luxembourg for our Honeymoon. All I needed back then was a small shoulder bag that we strapped to the back of the bike. Those were the days my friend.....

Wonder if MIke could still hold the bike up with me on it NOW!!!

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Lol Vesta, you always make me laugh.
Jess making the decision to be more mature is always a tough one. Good luck with your animals, your plans, and your decisions.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi Jess,

Love the pics of your zoo.

Oh yeah, and welcome to the forum ;D

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello Jess and welcome.
Nice big animal family that you have there.
I am so glad that you are ok from that horrible accident.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey Jess. Welcome to the forum. Really glad to have you aboard....and nice pics!

SerenityAppeals said:
Thank God for good gear and full face helmets!

DEFINITELY! I don't ride without my gear and full face helmet. Especially after my accident (can't remember if I shared it or not). I endo'd on a wide sweeping curve that wrapped around a small bluff. As I came around the bluff, it tightened up real tight. You couldn't see it as the bluff was in the way. And not knowing the curve, I had no idea it was coming up on me. I locked up my brakes, fish-tailed and endo'd at about 45 to 50 miles per hour. Flipped several times as I went one way and my bike went another. Landed face down and thought I'd broke my neck....as I'd landed on my head and right shoulder. And as soon as I hit, I heard a horrible cracking sound and felt intense heat in my neck. I didn't move after coming to a stop. My father-in-law was running up to me while two other guys that were driving by the other direction saw the accident, thought I was dead, and was running to my rescue in case I wasn't. Since I could move my fingers, I knew that I hadn't broke my neck. So I got up, shook it off and headed straight for the bike. It was losing fluids laying on it's side. We got it upright and started looking it over. To be honest, the bike faired rather well considering the tumble it took. Shattered instrument panel, both sets of signals were shattered on the left side. And only a minor scratch on the tank from the left hand grip. Actually, it's more like a rub than a scratch.

Anyway, My shoulder and neck were hurting profusely. I'd already been having shoulder problems for two years and this only amplified it. The neck resulted in a shattered C6/C7 disc that had to be removed and replaced with cadaver bone. Then fused. The shoulder ended up being a torn rotater cuff (which the doctors believed I'd already had, several cartilege tears (one was two inches long)....again, I'd already had most of them from arthritis, and a detached ligament (this is what they think was a result of the accident). Shoulder surgery at $50,000 and 6 months recovery followed only 5 months after my neck surgery. I'm not 100%, but getting by. I still ride, but not nearly as much. Like you said, the fear factor plays a big role in everything. It also wakes you up to just how quickly we can be snuffed out.

I continued to my destination another 30 minutes away, then rode back home. In all, another 2-1/1 to 3 hours after the accident....and it felt like forever. My shoulder and neck hurt so bad I had a hard time concentrating....and that's so important when riding on two wheels. I like to ride defensively as those in cages aren't paying much attention while they're eating, talking or texting on their cell phones, and whatever else it is they're doing besides actually "driving".

jidwsy.jpg

^Me in the ICU after 8 hours of emergency surgery to save my right arm. :)

-Jess

Quite honestly, and I believe this to be the case with me as well, had it not been for the gear, we clearly would not be here today. So glad you chose to wear it! I've seen far too many squids out there and it bothers me like nobody's business. They're just one fender-bender away from not breathing again.

JustaV

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Wow, My husband wants a bike and joking i said "as long as you have health ins and life ins"..... Truth is I would love to ride a bike but i never wanted to drive EVER! So going down to two wheels on a main road is scary for me, now a dirt bike and trails I'm in.

Jess- Welcome, and sorry if i missed it but how long ago was your accident?

Latest posts