• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pics of Sully boy! He's super silly :P

Alisha OK

Juvenile Dragon
Ive been having some troublee with Sully :( The past few days, he's been eating but he basically regurgitated all his crickets into a big clump? i don't understand why. He doesn't go to bask unless I put him there.
Also, where he regurgitated i thought i saw something move..
Can anyone help with some advice ? :(

Also someone told me its a possibility that i got a bad batch of crickets, they were quite different in colour from the last group, could that be it? IM going to town tomorrow to get more anyways. I hope he'll be ok, he's been drinking his water. Also, maybe i should offer him some greens tomorrow instead of live prey so his tummy can settle?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It happens periodically & is generally not an issue unless it is an ongoing happening. There can be many reasons, ate too much, not feeling well or simply an upset tummy. Again, a one time happening is not anything to worry about. After puking, your BD will likely not be itself for a few days, may not want to eat because it's tummy is still a little upset, it's routine may be little different. If all your temps & such are up to par he should do just fine, providing it does not continue to regurgitate it's food. BDs have their off days just like us.

Good Luck

Alisha OK

Juvenile Dragon
Hey all! Update on Sully, he's doin great! eats like a monster, and is a real good greens eater. he loves his occasional strawberry, but only sometimes. His usually greens are romaine lettuce. and then 10-15 crickets a day, depending on when he stops eating!
i think he's after growing! what do you think ? :)

Attachments

• SullyBoyyyy.jpg
    SullyBoyyyy.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 60

Alisha OK

Juvenile Dragon
Hey guys! I have a quick questions
you guys know my setup: no sand, proper heat, proper uvb, the whole shebang
but sully is a weird eater and i wanted to run it by you guys!
sully will eat like 20 crickets and 5 mealworms somedays, then he waits a couples days without eating and does it again lol hes always active, loves running around the house (under my supervision), still growing and everything.
just curious about his weird eating habits?

Alisha OK

Juvenile Dragon
She knows what she needs better than we do. It is our job to provide the proper options for her to make the choices. You have nothing to worry about ;) .

hey again,
its been a few days now and he's only eaten 2 or 3 crickets each day and I've noticed he hasn't pooped in 2 days.. I'm starting to worry. i don't understand how it could be impaction, but is that a possibility?
im worried :(

Beardie123

Juvenile Dragon
how old is he because my bearded dragon Rosie is about 10 months old and she once held her poop for a week but the next day i have a nice big surprize in the tank if you know what i mean:rolleyes: lol

Beardie123

Juvenile Dragon
As i am sort of new to the hobby as well, My best opinion would be that isn't good my Rosie at that age pooped atleast 2-3 times a day. i think you should get him checked

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Getting him checked wouldn't be a bad idea. Always safe to check for parasites and the like. You might also want to try a nice warm bath. The bath will make them poop almost every time. My Aussie will go two days or more without pooping often. Just like us, they can be different. Daily stools are the norm (and expected), but they can, and do, go more than that. Try a warm bath and see if you get a surprise. Don't make it too warm though. I would say around 85. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, of course. :D

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
As far as warm soaks go I always I have the water around Basking temps. Generally around the 110 degrees Fahrenheit mark.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I will throw my two cents in the ring here...I agree with Germ on the water temp for soaks being at or close to basking temperature. When I bath Mungi I actually keep the water 105 which is the high-side for adults since he is 2 1/2 years old. I have pushed it up to 108 a couple of times and no worries.
If you stop and think about it tossing them in an 85 degree bath which is closer to the cool side daytime temperature of their enclosure would only serve to cool them off and slow their metabolism. They bask to warm up and "get their blood flowing" so it would make sense that a bath the same or close to their basking spot temperature would be more productive in warming their system and getting things moving so to speak, ie. encouraging a bowel movement.

I really wish folks wouldn't panic every-time a day or three passes without seeing a dragon doodie proudly deposited in their dragon's enclosure. There are many many reasons that could cause a dragon to get a little backed up and the fact is that most are nothing to worry needlessly about and there are steps that you can take to help matters well before it's time to start being concerned.

Keep this in mind...The food you see go into your dragon's mouth today is not the poop you see tomorrow. In fact it is known that what he eats today can take 3 or more days at times to process through the digestive system and make it's escape from his vent. That's without any other issues slowing the system down like maybe a dragon is a little stressed out or a little agitated or even just feeling a little sluggish cause he feels the winter season is coming (by the way they do know that despite us trying to hide the seasonal changes), maybe he hasn't been sleeping well, maybe that last bite he took of that last cricket just soured his tummy a bit...etc. There are any number of non-threatening reasons that could possibly stretch that 3 days out.

Yes impaction is a risk one should be aware of when caring for dragons but it is not near as prevalent as some would make it out to be and should not be a constant worry or even a concern as long as basic proper care, husbandry, diet, lighting, etc are being followed for the age of the dragon in question.

I personally don't even begin to even be curious as to what's up unless I don't see poop for a whole week and even then my first reaction to that is to provide a 20-25 minute soak in basking temp water. Mungi is usually a 22-minute dragon...22 minutes in the tub and watch-out!! lol The soak doesn't always work the first day though so if the next morning he hasn't produced then I will repeat the bath and bump it up to 30 minutes...if nothing still then the 3rd day I will give him a 30 minute bath in the morning and if still nothing he will get another that evening...There has only been one time that he went to the 4th day but on that forth day he let loose on my shoulder before we made it to the tub.

Now had Mungi not had his blowout that 4th day then I would have made an appointment with his vet and until that appointment would have continued twice a day baths.

He hadn't pooped in 11 whole days but in the end there was no need to worry because everything "came out" just fine! :)

There are definite things to raise concern about when dealing with these dragons...rapid weight-loss, dehydration, looooong term total appetite loss to name a few but not pooping every day, every couple of days or even for a week should not be high on that list especially if they are still eating at all...even one or three crickets or a few small bites of salad is something.

Just my opinion and I am stating firmly that I blame Actress Jamie Lee Curtis and all her stupid Activia Yogurt commercials for everyone being so overly poop conscious in the world today...lol:eek::D
Enjoy!!

Chris Baez Jr.

Juvenile Dragon
Just my opinion and I am stating firmly that I blame Actress Jamie Lee Curtis and all her stupid Activia Yogurt commercials for everyone being so overly poop conscious in the world today...lol:eek::D
Enjoy!!

You know..., come to think of it..., gosh...what a dumb commercial... What they don't mention is that a person can become dependent on laxatives.

LOL Imagine needing to go and having to run to Wal-Mart in the middle of the night for some Activia?

Alisha OK

Juvenile Dragon
I will throw my two cents in the ring here...I agree with Germ on the water temp for soaks being at or close to basking temperature. When I bath Mungi I actually keep the water 105 which is the high-side for adults since he is 2 1/2 years old. I have pushed it up to 108 a couple of times and no worries.
If you stop and think about it tossing them in an 85 degree bath which is closer to the cool side daytime temperature of their enclosure would only serve to cool them off and slow their metabolism. They bask to warm up and "get their blood flowing" so it would make sense that a bath the same or close to their basking spot temperature would be more productive in warming their system and getting things moving so to speak, ie. encouraging a bowel movement.

I really wish folks wouldn't panic every-time a day or three passes without seeing a dragon doodie proudly deposited in their dragon's enclosure. There are many many reasons that could cause a dragon to get a little backed up and the fact is that most are nothing to worry needlessly about and there are steps that you can take to help matters well before it's time to start being concerned.

Keep this in mind...The food you see go into your dragon's mouth today is not the poop you see tomorrow. In fact it is known that what he eats today can take 3 or more days at times to process through the digestive system and make it's escape from his vent. That's without any other issues slowing the system down like maybe a dragon is a little stressed out or a little agitated or even just feeling a little sluggish cause he feels the winter season is coming (by the way they do know that despite us trying to hide the seasonal changes), maybe he hasn't been sleeping well, maybe that last bite he took of that last cricket just soured his tummy a bit...etc. There are any number of non-threatening reasons that could possibly stretch that 3 days out.

Yes impaction is a risk one should be aware of when caring for dragons but it is not near as prevalent as some would make it out to be and should not be a constant worry or even a concern as long as basic proper care, husbandry, diet, lighting, etc are being followed for the age of the dragon in question.

I personally don't even begin to even be curious as to what's up unless I don't see poop for a whole week and even then my first reaction to that is to provide a 20-25 minute soak in basking temp water. Mungi is usually a 22-minute dragon...22 minutes in the tub and watch-out!! lol The soak doesn't always work the first day though so if the next morning he hasn't produced then I will repeat the bath and bump it up to 30 minutes...if nothing still then the 3rd day I will give him a 30 minute bath in the morning and if still nothing he will get another that evening...There has only been one time that he went to the 4th day but on that forth day he let loose on my shoulder before we made it to the tub.

Now had Mungi not had his blowout that 4th day then I would have made an appointment with his vet and until that appointment would have continued twice a day baths.

He hadn't pooped in 11 whole days but in the end there was no need to worry because everything "came out" just fine! :)

There are definite things to raise concern about when dealing with these dragons...rapid weight-loss, dehydration, looooong term total appetite loss to name a few but not pooping every day, every couple of days or even for a week should not be high on that list especially if they are still eating at all...even one or three crickets or a few small bites of salad is something.

Enjoy!!

My oh my ! i didn't get any notification you responded ! thanks so much for taking the time to answer with great one at that.
I guess i was a little too worried because I've never dealt with this kind of behaviour before. but he still seems very healthy and happy as usual, I've taken the motto that if he's hungry, he'll eat
Thank everyone, much love <3

Alisha OK

Juvenile Dragon
Heres an update on the babies !
Sully(2nd pic) is growing slowly, but surely haha he's always crawling around his tank. I have to laugh at him sometimes.
Hershel(1st pic)
HershelDecember.JPG
is the laziest, and grumpiest ever haha he eats, sleeps, and poops
SullyDecember.JPG

Latest posts