• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pics of Sully boy! He's super silly :P

Alisha OK

Juvenile Dragon
Just home, turns out Sully's a healthy active dragon, and unless he differs his attitude greatly I shouldn't worry much. He's been eating 10-12 crickets a day now, and his belly is getting fat ! My tank set up is good and all i need is to wait for my probe thermometer and it'll be good to go

http://instagram.com/p/NUKLAUngtq/
check it out ! got him a dessert background too

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Thats good news,Alisha and you done good ordering the probe thermometer...and Im positive that Sully loves his new scenery too..keep up the good work and you and Sully will have years of fun together;)
Enjoy!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Pat B

Super Moderator
I have the same background....lol and Spike tries to go 'into the desert'....lol. Good to hear you and your beardie are good!! Good luck and we are all here to help you so come back often!! :D

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Just home, turns out Sully's a healthy active dragon, and unless he differs his attitude greatly I shouldn't worry much. He's been eating 10-12 crickets a day now, and his belly is getting fat ! My tank set up is good and all i need is to wait for my probe thermometer and it'll be good to go

http://instagram.com/p/NUKLAUngtq/
check it out ! got him a dessert background too
Way nice new setup, Alisha! Lookin awesome. I am so glad he's eating better for you!
My Castiel used to try to eat the greens in her dessert background when I first put it in. She'd be in trouble if those cacti were real LOL.

Alisha OK

Juvenile Dragon
Hey everyone ! Sully's been doing excellent, couldn't ask for a better dragon.
Since there is a Pesticides ban in our province, and there has been for quite some time, I've been told I can pick and clean the dandelion on my farm ! double checking here though. I live on a 10 acre farm, which has been here for over 1oo year (Cool right?! :p) but yea, all our stuff is maintained and everything. i figure if i wash it, and clean it , it should be fine?
Since he's so young i figured he'd have no interest in greens and whatnot , but i stuck some store bought greens in his tank this morning and he literally RAN from the opposite side of the tank to the greens and started munching :D so proud
cutebastard.jpg

Pat B

Super Moderator
That is absolutely so awesome!! Keep those greens in his tank and yes indeed you should be very proud of your 'baby'!! :D My Spike hates greens....however....today he did eat mandarin oranges AND green beans for the
FIRST TIME EVAH!! and he is 7 months old....:D

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Sully is lookin good.indeed and thank.you for.the update;)
As far as the greens picked on your farm go I.personally would.have no problem using them as long as you are sure about them being pesticide and herbacide free...and as long as you thoroughly wash them I can see no harm that they could do. Fresh is Best anytime and I can say that because both Kat and I are primarily vegetarians;-) One thing that I did notice from you pics is that you may want to chop up the greens a lil finer..Sully is a lil dragon and some of the pieces I saw look to be a bit large..it may turn him off greens if he finds them dificult to swallow...just a suggestion;-)
You and Sully have a great evening and keep the updates coming!

Sent via my HTC Rezound; Ineffabilis Deus, S-OFF using Tapatalk2

Alisha OK

Juvenile Dragon
That is absolutely so awesome!! Keep those greens in his tank and yes indeed you should be very proud of your 'baby'!! :D My Spike hates greens....however....today he did eat mandarin oranges AND green beans for the
FIRST TIME EVAH!! and he is 7 months old....:D
Yay! good for Spike! hopefully he be's a good dragon and eats him veggies ! ;)

Alisha OK

Juvenile Dragon
hey all!
I've come to a stalemate haha sully used to just easily come out of his tank for the second week haha now he runs all around his tank and I can get him, i spent forever just laying my hand in the tank and letting him get used to it but I'm not sure what to do now haha when he's in my hands he's no squirmy but more like curious
anything I can do to start handling him in a better and less stressful way for him? I feel like i shouldnt be chasing him around the tank

NaTasha Brinkley

Juvenile Dragon
I saw a post somewhere else, on a different forum maybe, where a guy took one of his shirts that he had worn (but, not a funky one) and placed it in the tank at bed time. The theory is that your beardie will become accustomed to your smell and might be more willing to be picked up. IDK... it might be worth a shot.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Lol..it would.appear you have a mischevious lil dragon! Mungi has his moments when he doesnt want to be messed with. I wouldnt push Sully too much..remember you have been workin to get his setup correct and thereby have changed things in his house...usually takes them.a lil bit to settle down after a change in their habitat...usually a week or two but all dragons are different so.may take Sully more or less time.to.adjust. In the meantime.I.wouldnt press handling him other than when necessary..ie..bathtime.or.cleanin his enclosure..just give him.a lil time and your patience and he will be just fine;)

Enjoy the rest of your Evening!....Oh and tell Sully that Mungi says "Hiya Sully...chill man..chill!" lol

Niters!

Sent via my
HTC Rezound*(S-OFF)*
chingy51o's Ineffabilis Deus Rom
using Tapatalk2

Alisha OK

Juvenile Dragon
The humidity is high today and silly doesn't seem to want to eat . How can I lower the humidity ? Start misting him outside the enclosure ?

Pat B

Super Moderator
I never worry about the humidity because there isn't much you can do about it. I live in Columbia SC and the humidity is evil....:D Although my house is air conditioned so that might make a difference.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Start misting him outside the enclosure ?
You shouldn't be misting him inside the enclosure in the first place, for that exact reason, along with dampening the enclosure components, promotes & enables bacteria to thrive.

Alisha OK

Juvenile Dragon
Thanks Germ, thats my mistake. I was misting him outside for the first week or so and i didn't think it would make a difference inside. However its noted now. also, i read that if i direct a fan in my room that may help?
Would the humidity make him not want to eat ? Just a bit jittery , first "problem" with Sully
Thanks everyone for your inputs !

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Humidity has not ever bothered mine & I live in a high humidity area. When I lived on Vancouver Island for 2 years the Humidity was rarely under 60% & where I live now, depending on the weather, it generally ranges from 40-60+%. Ideally, we would want to have the Humidity @ 10-30%, but short of dehumidifying the whole home & have to keep the windows buttoned up, there is not much we can do to bring it down. The most we can do is keep any added moisture like water bowls & misting out of the enclosure. If mine are any indication, they adapt quite well.

Keeping the air moving, as you mentioned may help. In the summer I have a window fan in my critter room, that I use as an exhaust fan during the day to take the hot air out (I have a lot of lights going in a small room with all my enclosures), and as an Intake fan at night to help cool the room.

How long has it not been eating? It is not uncommon for them to go off their food for a few days & is quite normal, providing it doesn't go on for weeks. If you don't see any drastic visible weight loss, then you shouldn't have too much to worry about.

@ Pat - AC dehumidifies the air as it cools it, so as you say, that may be helping your situation.

Alisha OK

Juvenile Dragon
Update: my lil fatty is growin strong ! Eats 10 + crickets a day. Won't touch a meal worm though haha owning a dragon is great, love t!
Thanks everyone for helping me start off :)

Alisha OK

Juvenile Dragon
Ive been having some troublee with Sully :( The past few days, he's been eating but he basically regurgitated all his crickets into a big clump? i don't understand why. He doesn't go to bask unless I put him there.
Also, where he regurgitated i thought i saw something move..
Can anyone help with some advice ? :(

Latest posts