• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

NEW GUY on HUNGER STRIKE

BPz27

Juvenile Dragon
Lol I find it funny and cute that he hangs on the wall. Lol but u know they are climbers some people put himmack on the wall for them to stick. What's the temp reading where he's at

Steven Simon

Hatchling Dragon
Tried horn worm this am, he licked it a few times, but wouldn't eat..... :(

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
The best advise I got when I first started out was don't stress. They won't starve themselves. They pick up on our emotions, so if we are stressed around them they are going to pick up on that. Keep a salad in the whole day so he can munch on it when he gets hungry. Feed a variety of bugs a few times a day and remove all the bugs from the tank at night.

I never thought I would ever be saying this, but I have a friend who has a very sick dragon and she missed a super worm in his tank and woke up the next morning to see the super worm trying to burrow in to the beardies side. So remove all your feeders at the end of the night!

BPz27

Juvenile Dragon
Yep per she right. Beardie ain't gonna starve themselves. In fact what you should do is leave him be. Stop all handling and interaction with him. Only give him a salad in his cage throw a few crickets in there and don't pick him up. Let him have his alone time. Just watch him from the outside of the cage. And at night remove the uneaten cricket. Cuz my guess is that since he is only 2 months old he must have came from a pet shop where he had other beardie with him in the cage. So it's like us human u go to school with a bunch of friends u know then suddenly your parents decide to move to another state forcing you to leave your friendsbehind. Putting you in a new school to where you don't know anybody and have to start all over again making friends. Sometimes it takes a while to adjust and find a buddy but some are quick to get a new friend that same day. But u see the comparison the beardie came from a place he had all his peeps and to be taken from that to go somewhere different can be stressful. So I would just let him be by himself for a while. Let him do his Thang and I say after a week he should come around.

Steven Simon

Hatchling Dragon
Here is his new hear gradient, much warmer in bottom zones of tank, this is with heating pad attached, I circled where I placed the pad, it's attached to button of glass tank....
Well see if this does the trick,
6a300963c39b1d9192fb6bec8f4dc81c.jpg

BPz27

Juvenile Dragon
Hmm did u get a new cage didn't u have door on the front of the tank. But yea ur set up looks good but just follow are steps and you'll be good keep us updated

Steven Simon

Hatchling Dragon
SAME CAGE, it has 2 doors up front, probably cant see from photo.... He is sitting up on his perch all day....

BPz27

Juvenile Dragon
yeaha thats what they pretty much do is bask away and relax take in the heat and UVB, u can also give him a warm bath, that can help calm things

BPz27

Juvenile Dragon
yep he just chillin getting in the sun, my girl was up on her branch basking away all day yestarday,

BPz27

Juvenile Dragon
yeaha i know the feelin, my girl dont not eating unless its a super but she just took liking to being syringe fed,

Steven Simon

Hatchling Dragon
My Boy hasn't moved from purch all day, I hate to fear the worst, but not to move from one spot for 9 hours?

BPz27

Juvenile Dragon
hey my girl was on her basking spot, from the the time the light came on which is set at 9am i left for work at 1230 was still there, came home at 10pm was still there, and she in my mancave so i was in there from 10pm to 12am when her light goes off, so yeaha she was there all day, no biggy but today she went under her log this morning .

BPz27

Juvenile Dragon
hmm thats somethin i never saw did u google it, maybe someone here may know

BPz27

Juvenile Dragon
he not able to get close to the basking right, i notice ur wall he climbs on is the background close to the heatin light as i dont know if he burned the tip or not.

BPz27

Juvenile Dragon
Idk buddy i think u may want to go to vet and get him checked out, his tail shouldnt be dark like that when the rest is so bright color

Steven Simon

Hatchling Dragon
Some good news, I put some banana up to his face and he liked it with his tounge it a little bit, then I almost gave up, put him on log, and tried a Dubi and he grabbed it, so gave him another and then he was done, the second one was big, so that's 2 Dubi roaches to start the day!!! Awesome???

BPz27

Juvenile Dragon
Hey that's a good start man. Did u give him a bath yet. How bout that tail issue

Latest posts