• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

NEW BABY RESCUE!!!!

Pat B

Super Moderator
You have probably made a good decision. Beardies do take a lot of work....even 1!! Good luck with your 5 babies!!

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yesh, Pat; i figured i had enough to do to look after the babies i have already. And my 1-little girl, i am having a bit of trouble with her eating again;Every time she sheds she goe's on a no cricket diet. And i am worried about her as she needs the protein and calcium. Like this morning i gave her some phoeinex [sp] worms and she ate those but still have not eaten a cricket. I just can't figure her out. lol-Her temps are right on and she loves the heat-she won't move to cool side at all. She just stays in the heat all the time-thus i have to keep her hydrated. I am just trying to figure out what is wrong with her. Stools are good she is eating salad, worms and no crix; So i just don't know what to do for her. bella-aka-river

Pat B

Super Moderator
She will eat when she is hungry. These little buggers cause so much worry! If temps are good, poops are good and she is hydrated and she has food available what else can you do?? When Spike started his brumation he drove me nuts because I didn't know what he wanted so finally I just said alrighty then....do your thing and he did and he his still sleeping. He was on his hammock and one end came loose from the glass so he just took his almighty self to the other side of tank, stuck his nose in the corner and went back to sleep!! All beardies are so different in personality....it is just amazing. Your little girl will be ok. You are a good and very conscious beardie owner so just let your baby do her thing!

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I know your'e right Pat; Just me i guess worrying to much lol-boy can they cause us lots of that and lil' buggers probably laugh at us for worrying if there is such a word. Thanks Pat; i needed that today has been a bad day too. Car broke down everything at once type of day. bella-aka-river PS: Little 'Zuess' is having a very bad shed-gave him another soak last night and he's still having a hard time very slow for him.It seems all my babies are shedding right now some further then others-so i guess they are all growing. bella

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Allie worries me some of the time whenever she acts differently like today. She closed her eyes and they popped out. It was strange seeing them pop out because I haven't seen it before. Then she gave the biggest yawn I've ever seen. I don't know if she's shedding because I don't see any gray. LOL! Crazy beardies and their personalities. She also has a lovey she's sleeping with. She lays all over it and clutches it when she sleeps. LOL!

Sorry about your bad day! Maybe the next day'll be better. :)

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
She closed her eyes and they popped out. It was strange seeing them pop out because I haven't seen it before.

That's freaky the first time you see it! I understand the worry, but there's really no need for it. It's normal :).

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yeah, Noella; I saw it last week and again last night the poor baby opens her mouth and streching her skin and then of course the big eye buldge. If i had not read about it i would have had a fit seeing it lol-but all is well-bella-aka-river

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It was funny and not too worried because I saw some vids of the eye bulging on youtube. LOL.

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Noella; My first beardie; 'Retro' is on his 3rd shed since i have had him and man what a big boy he is-He is about 10-11-inches now. Just grows and grows and i think i will put him in his big tank tomorrow or wednesday.Don't know which day as my car has to be fixed and just finished cleaning babies and they will have their supper soon.Took a pic of little 'Zuess' going to post it soon. He is standing up in his tank and looking for supper lol-bella-aka-river

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
beardies 020.jpg

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
This is little 'Zuess' up to his capers again lol='Oh boy what's that out there. Hope you all enjoy the first of many of his capers and lots more to come; I think he's feeling a little better as before he would not move from his bridge and now he's all over his tank and still in a big shed.-bella-aka-river=sorry about the quailty of pic not very good but i hope you all get the pic-He's looking for his supper don't he just look like he's starving lol-bella

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LOL! He's very cute.

"Now, where'd that cricket go? I know I just saw it!"

Beardiesrock84

Hatchling Dragon
Sounds like a bundle of joy!! I'm glad you rescued him he sounds like a character, my Gordo doesn't do anything like that, but he does get excited when I'm at my desk, his home is beside it and when I'm there he just watches me to see what I'm doing and sometimes claws the cage for my attention and I take him out.... I'm glad to hear little Zuess is so happy :)

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I just found some pic's of little 'Zuess' as i had them and didn't know-hope you all enjoy them-bella-aka-river-7 this is him hanging on his high wire i call it. unbelievable picture, you would think it's not possable.

beardies 061.jpg
beardies 062.jpg

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Have a couple more lol-and you all can see what a fruit cake he is. Here is the 'Zuess' fix for the day-real little fruit cake my 'Zuess'. hope you all enjoy as much as he did. If you all notice he never touches the bottom lol-bella

beardies 068.jpg
beardies 067.jpg

Latest posts