• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

NEW BABY RESCUE!!!!

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I really was just planning on my 2-babies only and then i got hit with a new baby. I guess you would call him a rescue.A women was outside of the shop where i go for bird food ect; and had a small plastick container and i said lunch hey?? and in this container was a little beardie all sqeashed up as it was like a salad container that you would get for patatoe salad only very small.the baby could not move at all. And i said' OH My God what are you doing??' Are you trying to kill this baby?? She said [i really don't care] I am trying to get' rid of it'-[i hate those words]. I of course said i will take the baby, and asked how much? And she said here take the damn thing.Oh, boy i wanted to say a lot more then i did but bit my tongue instead until i safely had the baby in my car-Then i let loose on her lol and you all don't want to know what i said.this baby is around 3-1/2 inches and i think very young and he snuggled up in my shirt as that was the place i had for warmth until i got him home. I already had a 20-long and lights extra that i had bought as spares.Extra everything including temp probes ect; So i put lights on and uvb light and waited until temps came up and watched them for awhile and then put baby in.Poor little one was tired from all his troubles for i don't know how long. and he got on his basking rock and slept for about 1-hour. Then when he woke i gave him a little greens and some small crix; and of course he was also starved-So i filled him up and he slept for a little while longer with a full little belly and seemed quite happy.I put a little soft blanket in with him and he just snuggled in that lol-very cute little guy.I have named him "ZUESS" This all happened oct;31st. So know he is very comical-i have the temp probe tied on his basking rock and it goes up the inside of tank to the outside and he loves to play Tarzan on the wire climbs up it and swings with one leg and plays on that for hours at a time.Seems like a very happy baby and accumulating well-I also think he's starting to shed as he' has a very itchey head and i reach in every now and then and scratch his little head and he just closes his eyes and enjoys it.He has some beautiful colouring on him-red ears, and a little red on his body so i have no idea what color he will be. Just wanted to let you all know and how could a women be like this with a live being?? I could not walk away and leave this baby as GOD only knows what would have happened to this little 'Survivor'-Bella-aka-river

Pat B

Super Moderator
Wow....you are the best! That is a very tiny beardie but sounds like the little critter is going to be ok. Good luck and keep us posted....:D

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Congrats on your new rescue! So glad you were able to take Zuess in, poor little one.

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Pat B; And Aleena-well tonight he is a happy little camper ate 4-silk worms and some veggs and about 5-crix; for his supper and he's just having a little snooze now as i think with the time change they are all wanting to sleep a little earlier.He is right beside my computer and finds it very interesting to watch when i'm on it. And when i am not on he looks for me-i could not believe that lol-he actually looks around for me. i should have called him little 'Demon' lol as he gets into all kinds of things. Plays hide and seek with me and he doe's the hiding and i have to look for him. I got a good pic of him swinging on his high wire i call it with his arm on his hip-i will try to upload it tomorrow so you all can see the little monkey.It is ever soo cute-i think he is going to be a going concern lol. Just goes all the time.i think he goes to sleep thinking how will i get her tomorrow. I put a little blanket in for all the babies to rest on and the little monkey don't sleep on it like everyone else he sleeps under it[ha ha ] and plays peek-a-boo-when i wake him in the morning. My other babies like to lay and wake up a bit before they start their day. but not monkey he's raring to go as soon as i wake him lol.Little head peeking out from blanket as if to say Ok i'm ready for my day NOW!!!!!-Will update again with this little ones surprises, as he creates them-Bella-aka-river.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Best wishes to Zuess! I'm so glad you rescued him. He seems very happy and has bonded with you a lot.

Pat B

Super Moderator
Sounds like your little Zeuss is a beardie with a personality!! That is so awesome!! He is so lucky you were at the right place at the right time....keep us posted and good luck!!:cool:

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
UPDATE: this little guy is really a going concern lol-This morning i went to reload on crix; and get some worms for a little treat for the babies. I put some in some for 'Zues' and 1-worm kind of stood up and 'Zues' jumped right over the dish and landed on his high wire lol-and then decided it is enough time for the worm and he jumped on him and of course ate him. Very comical to watch him jumping on the worm and then eating him.this morning when i woke him he gave me a come on with the food look lol-no waiting is wanted by this little guy. He wants everything instantly.He wants his salad first, and then his crix; and then i'm to tell him what a good boy he is-all in that order too.If i walk away while he's eating he will stop eating and come to see where i'm gone to. Real little sucky baby lol. He is pretty cute but man a going concern-you never know what he will do next. He thinks jumping from his high wire to the other side of his tank is just the greatist fun there is, and he lands on his large rock all the time. You would think with him being so tiny he would miss but he don't.And stands up there as if to say ha ha made it again.You all know how long a 20-gal; is picture him jumping from 1- end to the other and not missing a beat lol.Right now he is watching me as i type and probably thinking man could i have some fun on that thing she is using.His little tummy is so full right now as he eats like it's his last meal[poor little guy probably not fed well either] He is sure making up for it now.I guess he can't figure out what a full tummy feels like.He is lying on his basking rock with 1-foot hanging over the rock and trying to catch that foot. What next lol; He just is always doing something unexpected.not normal at all this little one i just have to laugh at him. Now scratching his head and looking at me as if to saw at least scratch me when i'm itchey.i have a fish tank not to far from him with a puffer in it and he watches that puffer and he's still trying to figure out why the puffer won't wave to him as he waves at the puffer lol. well i guess i better get to feeding before he jumps out of tank or some other silly thing lol-will update again on this little trouble maker-Bella-aka-river-aka-monkey.

Pat B

Super Moderator
I think your beardie is hilarious and such a personality!! My Spike doesn't do anything like that. Right now the little booger is in brumation and not even a year old....Enjoy the 'comic' behavior of your beardie....they aren't all like that!! :D

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
PAT: He is a going concern and never a dull moment, with him. Yesterday a small cricket landed on his head and he began to shake his head to get it off lol-and he could not get it off, so he kept up the shaking until i finally had to remove it for him-what a laugh he just could not get it off. Always something with this little guy-wait until tomorrow i am sure he will think up something to do. bella-aka-river-and monkey

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well, today he decided it was play time for his salad lol-he took some up his high wire in his mouth and decided to let piece by piece go and then go and start again[small things amuse him.] He played for a good 1- hour with his salad and then ate some.Today was the first day for beet greens and he just loved them.Then he chased his crix; down and played with them awhile before he ate them. He thinks jumping on them is just great fun and when they are barely hopping he eats them.I don't know where this little fellow got his comical ways from but there is never a dull moment with him I really wonder if he was even fed with this stupid women that had him as he sure can eat good. He eats like it his last meal and then some[i always give a little extra to make sure he's good and full.] Poor little tyke, at least he's starting to get a little weight behind him now, and he's filling out a little-I guess it will be a slow procedure as God only know's if he was even fed at all lol-this women was not to bright and really wanted to unload him on anyone and didn't seem to care who. But i just happened to be there at the right time=her loss-my gain-he's just a wonderful little baby that needed a good home and i couldn't leave him in her care.If i had walked away - I would have never forgave myself lol-as he is just a great little guy and full of vinegar. Well stay turned for more of baby "Zuess' amusing antics .bella-aka-river-and monkey.PS- I think maybe he is going into his first shed as he is getting a very dull grey and i have been giving a bath every couple of days to help him along and i can see him starting. He not too happy when i first put him in-but then he settles down and plays with my fingers as long as i don't move then[safety net i think] Than he seems to enjoy his bath and a good little scratch on his head and loves to snuggle, just snuggles in the bath towel and under my neck-what a sucky baby. well close now and stay tuned for monkey updates.

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Another little update on the 'Monkey' Zuess; He had his first phienex;[sp] worms, well needless to say he thought there were just a great big bag of something he could not mame or jump on or kill, without eating them. He looked at me as if to say-"OH YEAH' your really trying to kill me now lol. He walked around his little worm dish inspected them for awhile tried jumping on them and when that didn't kill them he gave me the dirtist look you ever saw.As if to say You really are trying to kill me. He did not know what to make of these little worms that would not die for him. So after parading around his worm dish for at least 1/2 hour he decided to try one. Then he looked at me as if to say 'OH BIG NUM NUMS' why didn't you tell me that already-spoiled little monkey he is and he knows it.Awful little man he is and a going concern always-Will update again-bella-aka-river

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
Wow, what a great line of stories! It sounds to me like both of you were grateful for running into each other. How lucky that little critter was to run into the perfect rescuer. God bless you for all you do!

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Augie; I really just love that little monkey as there is never a dull moment with him and he brings me so much pleasure.I really don't know how someone could just dis-regard this little baby that needed a home and there is always room for 1-more.By the way-it is 7.30-am and he is peeking at me on the computer-other babies are still asleep but not monkey he's raring to go.Looking to get into trouble as usual. Bella-aka-river

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well everyone baby monkey is in a shed and it is bothering him a little. He's not as playful as he normally is. So bath time today as it's his tail that is starting and he's not very happy with that.He is soo dull looking poor baby and i think a little bath will perk him right up.He kind of is just staying put under his basking area. then he goe's after a crix; or two. So it is effecting him a little.I am sure after his bath he will perk up a little.will update when he feels a little better-Bella-aka-river

Latest posts