• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I need some advice

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That is so great to hear. This poor guy went through a lot and to have such a wonderful home makes me so happy.

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
It is great to hear that he is doing so well and that he found a home to love him.
And bless you for taking care of him!

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Gave me chills to read about his new life! SO happy for him and the family! Thank you so much, Gina.

We found a small kitten (couldn't have been more than 4-6 weeks old) dropped off at our house about 4 weeks ago. We immediately took him in under our wings while, in the meantime, trying to find a home for him. We have some very close friends in Northern Arkansas and had a trip planned to spend the weekend with them (this past weekend). When they found out about the kitten, they said that they'd love to have him....and so it was planned. We'd take him with us on our trip down.

The kitten made the trip so much fun. He was really good....curious of everything in the Jeep, but not rambunctious. He'd lay in my lap and purr while I drove down the road. One time he was looking out the front window and noticed an overpass coming up on us. As we went under it, he ducked his head. It was so funny! LOL!

We were a bit nervous at first as Kate and Shane already had an indoor cat named Louie. He's no small cat, either (has to be over 20 lbs.). Anyway, as the kitten was a male and Louie's a male, we were afraid they might not get along. Far from it! Louie and Sheldon (kitten's new name) took to each other like they'd been together all along. They rolled around and played, pouncing on each other, and patting with their paws to get the other's attention for more play. They'd hide behind something only to try to catch the other off guard. Kate and Shane are so happy as Louie rarely ever did anything but lay around and want to eat. Now, with him being much more active, they feel he's going to get the exercise he desperately needs...and it gives the kitten a play buddy.

We feel this was just another one of those things that was meant to be. I've yet to see any two cats that didn't know each other take to one another so quickly!

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Here's a pic of Sheldon....he's sitting on our deck railing a week before we took him to Kate and Shane's.

Sheldon.jpg

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah, that's what Bev and I thought, too. Shane was stuck on Sheldon, though. He said Sylvester would be the "expected" name. LOL!

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ohhhhhhhhh ! I likes da pretty kitten !
Good thing you found him a home though... lol

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
AWWWW!!! What a nice story!!! Thanks for that. JUst saw a video of a man abandoning puppies!!! I am so upset about it so this kinda took the edge off a little bit!!

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Bev's already missing him....

Justus....give in already. You know you want to! ;D

I can't imagine abandoning any animal.

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I will when I leave this apartment. My old cat died a couple years ago, he was 13. Here I just don't have the space tbh.

Latest posts