• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding amount

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
We have a mixed batch right now 1/2"-1" (some a little bigger and smaller). And yes her belly is huge lol. I only give 20-25 at a time now but since she hasn't been eating great we went ahead and gave extras to make up for missed meals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't blame you! As long as she's eating them I would have done the same thing and kept feeding her.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
She also had 2 hornworms today but they are super small. We are letting them grow some before we feed anymore

Hornworms scare me! They actually have mandibles and have been known to bite back! Ewwww - I can't! I just can't! Lol

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
WHAT!!! I picked it up!!! Omg lol. Well thank God I know this now, I will never pick another one up. I'll be using tweezers here on out please believe

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
^she got mad bc I picked it up by its horn [emoji23]

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
WHAT!!! I picked it up!!! Omg lol. Well thank God I know this now, I will never pick another one up. I'll be using tweezers here on out please believe

Yup! Look at their mouths. Creepy little *******'s!

Maddie

Juvenile Dragon
They are so teeny tiny you can't see their mouth. We didn't know they would be this small when we ordered them.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
They are so teeny tiny you can't see their mouth. We didn't know they would be this small when we ordered them.

I haven't seen the small ones. I could probably handle the small ones but those big ones. No way nope. Not for me! Lol

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Haha! Yes she is.
We got the hornworms bc we are going to the beach Sat. woot woot! Well my sister (who knows nothing about beardies) will be baby sitting for us. We made a care sheet for her and decided to get these and have her feed her 1-2 a day. This way we will know she's hydrated since we don't trust her giving Spyra a bath

Maddie

Juvenile Dragon
b13c5dc7db66a3deab02b45a11a32030.jpg

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
And I may tell her how friendly hornworms are and to go ahead pet them daily [emoji23] I'm jk

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Haha! Yes she is.
We got the hornworms bc we are going to the beach Sat. woot woot! Well my sister (who knows nothing about beardies) will be baby sitting for us. We made a care sheet for her and decided to get these and have her feed her 1-2 a day. This way we will know she's hydrated since we don't trust her giving Spyra a bath

How exciting!! How long will you be gone?

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
We will be gone for 5 days I'm excited but worried about my girl :( I'm just hoping my hard headed sister will go by the chart! She tends to think she knows how to do things even when she doesn't lol.

We got them from a vendor on Amazon for about 13bucks for 30 worms. I'll be honest though I didn't know they would be this small. If they weren't so brightly colored I doubt Spyra would even touch them. We have them near her enclosure to get some of the heat from her heat lamp so they will grow a little more hopefully.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
We will be gone for 5 days I'm excited but worried about my girl :( I'm just hoping my hard headed sister will go by the chart! She tends to think she knows how to do things even when she doesn't lol.

We got them from a vendor on Amazon for about 13bucks for 30 worms. I'll be honest though I didn't know they would be this small. If they weren't so brightly colored I doubt Spyra would even touch them. We have them near her enclosure to get some of the heat from her heat lamp so they will grow a little more hopefully.

That sounds amazing! I would love to go on a holiday! I have a feeling you are going to be worrying every minute of every day! Will your sister come and stay there?

Can you feed hornworms the greens? I know nothing about them. Guess I need to check them out. I always assumed you had to get them when they were already big and nasty! Lol

Maddie

Juvenile Dragon
No you don't need to feed them anything but the food they come with. Which is already in their "habitat".

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
They do grow fast if you keep them warm too, so hopefully we can keep them alive and get them up to size.
My sister lives about an hour and a half away so we will be taking Spyra to her house. She has a 20gallon tank which isn't good I know but I'm hoping it will be okay for 4nights. We took Spyra there and stayed the weekend just to see how shed do and prepare for the trip ahead of time. She seemed to do great. Still ate like a horse and basked/played.
We would take her set up now but it's so heavy. I'm just really hoping it goes well :/

Latest posts