• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Duckie Update

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Here is a pic today of Duckie eating some a super worm. You can see his stress marks on here too.
5132941135_9cc56a95a4.jpg

And an action shot
5132946215_1d8d0c7896.jpg

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Nah, they don't look like stress marks to me. Just some awesome markings!

And they are all weirdos. That's why we love them so much. :D

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks, I am glad they dont look like real stress marks. I mean he always appears happy, but he is always marked like that.
And you are right, that is why we love them!

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
OK is this boy ever going to stop eating and growing? I am thinking he may be part alligator or something! ;)

I just weighed him today, since he has been eating a lot of the new supers and horns. I weighed him after a big poop (on my rug of course) and he weighed in at 662 grams. SO he gained 19 grams since last Saturday.
I dont think he is going to stop growing!

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Yes, he is.
186 grams gained since June 12th of this year. ;D
I think his old owners would be shocked if they saw him now, not that they care though.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
AWWWWW!!!! Ducky!!!! Made my night to see pics of him Jen!!! He is soooo stinkin' cute!!!! :-*

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks Vesta!
Here is another cute one of him from about a month ago. He says PFFFTTTTT!
5133556172_70a2877716.jpg

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
He is so outrageously cute!! I'd be kissing on him all day!!! :-*

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
He is a cute little booger! And has recently decided to be a big Mama's boy! ;D

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Vesta said:
He is so outrageously cute!! I'd be kissing on him all day!!! :-*

You're so weird! I guess that's why we love you. (referencing an earlier post by Renee) LOL!

He looks good, Jen! LOVE the action shot of him grabbing the super. Might want to be careful with how many of those he gets now that he's that big. They're known to be a bit more "fatty" than many feeders....and can be addicting to some beardies. Might want to back off on them a bit....unless he's holding steady.

LOVE the viv....not sure how I've missed commenting on this thread all this time. *scratches head*

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks Craiger! He actually has pretty much leveled off and hasnt really gained anything in about a month. I try to feed him the dubia first and then only give him a couple of supers if he does eat a dubia. I dont want him getting addicted to just the supers and then snubbing the dubia, which is what I have about a million of. I had actually gotten the supers b/c we were going on vacation, and Butch's daughter was going to be feeding him, and she doesnt do roaches! lol

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Understood. I was just wanting to mention it in case you weren't aware. ;)

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
No problem, I appreciate it. And he would completely keep eating them and eating them, he only stops b/c I stop him! ;)
I think I have created a monster in him though. Now he snubs pretty much everything else, and only wants those supers. I am trying to break him of it, b/c I breed dubia, and dont plan on keeping a big ole supply of supers all the time. Of course probably if I breed supers, he would want dubia! Men! ;D ;)

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
LOL Craiger!!! I love saying stuff like that because there is always some kind of reaction from you about it!!! And I don't care if you think I'm weird either!!!

(you big ole poop head) :p

I learned how to swear like that from my Grandchildren!!! :D

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Vesta said:
LOL Craiger!!! I love saying stuff like that because there is always some kind of reaction from you about it!!! And I don't care if you think I'm weird either!!!

(you big ole poop head) :p

I learned how to swear like that from my Grandchildren!!! :D

I needed something to help me smile today....and this was just the ticket. Thanks! :D

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Jiffy said:
No problem, I appreciate it. And he would completely keep eating them and eating them, he only stops b/c I stop him! ;)
I think I have created a monster in him though. Now he snubs pretty much everything else, and only wants those supers. I am trying to break him of it, b/c I breed dubia, and dont plan on keeping a big ole supply of supers all the time. Of course probably if I breed supers, he would want dubia! Men! ;D ;)

Hmm....looks like Ducky's falling into that "addicted" mode. LOL!

He's big enough that you could hold out on him for a while...until he starts chomping on the Dubias like he is the supers. There's enough fat stored up in him that it certainly wouldn't hurt him.

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Wow Vesta, such language!! :eek:

LOL, I agree Craig, I think he probably has enough fat to live off of for a while. ;D
He has pretty much steadied at around 660- 662 grams, depending on if he has recently pooped or not. ;D

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow, Jen, he looks wonderful.

Vesta...stick with me, I'll teach ya some good ones.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
LOL Lisa!!! But the truth of the matter is I AM an Army Brat and have heard and used almost every English swear word there is. One of the first things I did as a teenager in Germany was to sit with a German friend and have them teach me all the "GOOD" ones!! I can only remember a few of them now.

I don't swear often. I call them my special occasion words!! And have been known to pull one in particular word out when I have come to the end of my rope!!! But if I ever need any help I'll be sure and call you!!!! ;)

Latest posts