• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Duckie Update

pscaulkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I'm a bit late but Jiffy, what is on Duckie's walls. It looks so cool. BTW, he looks really good. Duckie is so lucky to have you. None of my beardies likes huts or hides. "sniffles"

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello Sandy. That is actually welcome mats on Duckies walls. I liked the look of it too. And he hasnt figured it out yet, but it actually has enough texture that he can climb it if he wants too.
He does not care about his hide either, but I have it in there so if he decides to give it a try they can.. Waffle and Foster like their huts, and Brady likes his hide, but was MAD when I took his old hide out and gave him a hut. I took the hut out and put his old hide back in and he was happy again.

pscaulkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
When I first seen the viv, I went "Wow, that sure is unique". I know I could not do that to any of mine as they would freak.

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
pscaulkins said:
When I first seen the viv, I went "Wow, that sure is unique". I know I could not do that to any of mine as they would freak.

I think Duckie was just happy to have something bigger that he didnt care how much of a change it was. lol. Poor guy was 20 inches long and in a 12 inch wide viv when I got him. I dont think he knows how to act now.

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks Renee.
So have any of you ever had a beardie that their stress marks never go away? Duckie had really bad stress marks when I got him. Now they are not bad, but they are still there, almost like that is his markings. It is kind of odd. He has them all the time.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That does seem odd to me. Can you remind me what his UV light is and how many hours of UV he gets?

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
He has had the stress marks since before I got him, but they have calmed down.

He has a brand new Reptisun 10 and his lights are on a 14/10 cycle. His setup is identical to the other 3 beardies. It really almost does look like that he is just colored with stress marks. And he has shed his belly since I have had him, and it hasnt gone away after the shed.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Interesting. Probably just his markings. Can you post a pic?

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Could be Janie.

Renee, I can post a pic as soon as I get Butch to help me. I cant hold the camera and get him at the angle that is needed to see the markings.

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Here is one pic that I found of him back in August where you can see his marks some. You cant see the ones near the top of his chest as much, because he was shedding, so the shed was making the marks look not as prominent.
4913537145_4e5827af74.jpg

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My dragon Yoyo has markings like that on his belly too, he's had them since he was a baby.

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
corrine said:
My dragon Yoyo has markings like that on his belly too, he's had them since he was a baby.

LOL, maybe we just have some weirdos and they stay like that all the time! ;)

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Well, they are mainly considered stress marks, and most beardies do not have them all the time, only when they are stressed or not feeling well or unhappy, etc. Babies tend to have them a lot. None of my adults get them hardly at all, their tummies are always white. But Duckie has his marks all the time.

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
The Duck Man is still loving him some food!
I just got some horns for them, and some supers too. He loves him some horns and supers! ;D

I weighed him 2 weeks ago, and he was 614. And I just weighed him today and he is 643, so he has gained another 30 grams in 2 weeks. He has only been eating the supers and horns since Wednesday of this week, so I would imagine, as much as he is eating of those, that he will be gaining even more. I will try to get some new pics of him up when I can.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It looks like the pic is one that was taken outdoors. Most dragons get dark when they go out. It is a natural reaction to absorbing the good UV rays out there.

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Yes, that one was outside, but he looks just the same indoors. That was just the only photo I could find at the time that showed the marks. I think he is just a weirdo! ;D

Latest posts