• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

DIY Bowser New Home

Nemo

Hatchling Dragon
Very nice.... I want one....lol!!

Sent from my AT300 using Tapatalk 2

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Looking Good:) Couple of suggestions...The switch is nice but you will also want to plug in your power to a timer which will let you setup proper day/night cycles without having to be there to turn the switch off/on manually. Also if it where me I would drill some ventilation holes in the top of your light cover box to allow the heat from the fixtures to vent especially over the Basking and CHE fixtures as they can get really hot.
Your doing a great job and am enjoying the updates!!

Josh&Bowser

Hatchling Dragon
Yeah I had planned on adding some of those circular vent on the top box as well.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352872587.593898.jpg

For now I am just leaving the top box propped open. Bowser was sitting on my lap when I was finishing up the last few things. He decided to climb in and check it out on is own.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
You can find CHE's at most pet stores that sell reptile supplies but they are cheaper if ordered online.
This a supplier that I have used many times before and I use the ZooMed ones. You may want to wait on getting a CHE and see what you temps at night are going to do first as a CHE is only needed if they go below 65F. And then only needed to knock the chill off so they need to be used with a thermostat. They put out a lot of heat so the thermostat will heat things up to where you set the temp and cut the CHE off to prevent it from over-heating your enclosure at nght.

http://www.reptilesupply.com/index.php?cPath=30_70

Looks great on the enclosure...I would suggest you letting it air-out a few days before putting your dragon in it though to make sure there are no toxic fumes from all of the construction still in there.:)
Enjoy!

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Does look good:) I agree with Germ that it is going to be difficult to thoroughly clean...You might want to save old toothbrushes to help get into the lil nooks and crannies. Also remember that you are going to have to periodically re-seal your walls and platform. How often will depend on how many coats of sealer you put on it but for sure after a couple of really thorough scrubbing I would re-apply a coat or two of sealer.
Also if you want to knock some of the gloss off of the background you can lightly sand the ModPodge.
Btw...The stand you built looks great too!:)

Enjoy!!

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Doesn't matter...You were learning...that is what makes the adventure of a new project fun after-all and besides when you re-coat next time you can use the Matte Finish if you prefer:)

Latest posts