• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

DIY Bowser New Home

Josh&Bowser

Hatchling Dragon
Ok I think I am going to open a store that sell Glass track that stuff is like gold and I cant find it anywhere. Any way since I am left to getting it online. I was thinking could I use wood and just router a grover for the glass. Would that work. Also does anyone know where I can get some cool ideas for the inside. I am also kinda of lost on how to do the lights any suggestions. If you have pictures that would help.

Nemo

Hatchling Dragon
I like the idea of circular vents. That would look very cool as opposed to the rectangle shape. Good luck and don't forget to post pics when done

Sent from my AT300 using Tapatalk 2

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I don't know much about building enclosures, however vents are pretty necessary. BD's require plenty of air flow.

Josh&Bowser

Hatchling Dragon
Kinda a stopping point for now until I figure these lights out. I am not an electrical guy at all. I'm sure it's easy but any way here is the update. I started the inside for now and also I did the vents in the back I need to buy more for the sides.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352073438.619774.jpg

Nemo

Hatchling Dragon
Very nice.... You are doing a good job.... Lucky beardie. I like that 'thing' you made in the inside....:D

Josh&Bowser

Hatchling Dragon
Thanks it's been fun and my girls like making snow out of the styrofoam I am not using and the dog keeps trying to eat it. Clean up will be a blast.

Nemo

Hatchling Dragon
Absolutely love it! Can't wait to see how you finish it.... Great pics

Josh&Bowser

Hatchling Dragon
Thanks, Hey is there anything wrong with using sanded grout or does it need to be non sanded. The reason I ask is I have left over sanded grout

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
From what I've heard... non sanded grout gives them better purchase. Easier for them to not slip on.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
:oops: Like I said... not much into the building stuff! Was thinking of it being sanded down... urrmm... the one with the rougher texture I believe is what I've heard of being used from looking at DIY posts.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Looking good! You can use sanded grout but it is much harder to thin down and get it to flow into the crooks and crevices. You also have to work faster because it will begin to set up much faster also. Another alternative would be to use non-sanded grout for the initial couple or 3 layers and then on the subsequent 3 layers mix the sanded and non-sanded together increasing the amount of sanded each layer. That way you can keep some of the flow of the non-sanded and get the texture of the sanded.
A better way to do it is to use the non-sanded and when you start applying your sealer coats you can sprinkle actual fine sand in areas where you want extra traction. The sealer will bind the sand to your structure.

You are doing a great job and I really appreciate you sharing the build with the Community!!:)

Enjoy!

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Can you use under the cabinet tube lights they are smaller but that is all I can find in 18"

This is the one that I usually use. They have them in store at Walmart and I believe the last one I bought was like $9. Very lightweight and will work with the 18" T8 10.0 ReptiGlo or ReptiSun bulbs. (just remember to remove the clear plastic shield that covers the bulb and discard it or else you will cut off the UV being emitted from your bulb.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Lights-of-America-18-Under-Cabinet-Fluorescent-Light/16877468

This is another one that a lot of people like to use because it is a little slimmer. You have to order the 18" size though as Walmart doesn't usually have them in stock in the stores.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Lights-of...rica-18-Under-Cabinet-Light-in-White/20779420

Both of these fixtures can be mounted with screws or they are very lightweight so can be mounted using a hot-glue gun.

Also these types of fixtures are usually available at Home Depot and Lowes as well as a lot of other "big box stores".:)

Hope that helps!
Enjoy!!