• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

DIY Bowser New Home

Josh&Bowser

Hatchling Dragon
Second coat I used non sanded this time let me say we easier to spread.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352271123.138320.jpg

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wowee! This is coming along fantastically! Thanks for the step-by-step photos. This is a really great how-to for anyone building a custom bearded dragon enclosure

Josh&Bowser

Hatchling Dragon
Ok as promised here are the new pictures please excuse the saw dust I just cut my light holes. I have one light install to show you.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352422621.837903.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352422634.888203.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352422645.592466.jpg

Im also going to build a box to cover the lights on top so they will be contained and hidden.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352422657.215645.jpg

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I plan on doing something like this soon. I know I'm getting ahead of you, but I'm guessing one light is for heat, the other two for UVB, correct?

Josh&Bowser

Hatchling Dragon
I plan on doing something like this soon. I know I'm getting ahead of you, but are you planning on boxing in the recessed lighting? I'm guessing one is for heat, the other two for UVB, correct?

yes I am going to box them in. the one on the right is for heat the other two just for light I will put ambiant lights in them low watts. I have an 18" tube light going in behind the right can light. That will be installed tonight I hope.

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
yes I am going to box them in. the one on the right is for heat the other two just for light I will put ambiant lights in them low watts. I have an 18" tube light going in behind the right can light. That will be installed tonight I hope.

I actually read your last post after I posted mine, and edited out accordingly. I was more interested in the lighting than anything. I honestly think that, if you felt compelled, you could make this a business. Seriously. I would pay you to make these. :D

Josh&Bowser

Hatchling Dragon
I actually read your last post after I posted mine, and edited out accordingly. I was more interested in the lighting than anything. I honestly think that, if you felt compelled, you could make this a business. Seriously. I would pay you to make these. :D

I sent you a PM

Josh&Bowser

Hatchling Dragon
I also started building the cover to the lights.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352701687.084674.jpg

Im going to add hinges to the top of the box so if I need to do any maint on the lights I can get to them. Im also going to install a light switch to the small box that way I can just hit the switch to turn my lights on.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352701699.021910.jpg

Josh&Bowser

Hatchling Dragon
Tomorrow I will secure the top box to the bottom and seal the rest of the structure that I built for Bowser to bask on. Then all I have left is to paint the outside and install the glass doors. .

Josh&Bowser

Hatchling Dragon
Started the wiring today. Well my friend did me and electricity don't get along.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352782818.216830.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352782831.716889.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352782845.619612.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352782856.945685.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352782868.724736.jpg

I also finished the top box and secured it with small L brackets.

Josh&Bowser

Hatchling Dragon
Other then painting the outside I am pretty much done. I am going to add a few more coats of Mod Poudge to the basking spot but other then that it is complete. I will update finished pictures soon.

Latest posts