• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dillinger's new home

SouthernDissolution

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
So I'm getting started on Dozers new home. This thread WILL be picture heavy. Ill keep ya posted.

Terrarium.jpg

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Looks like you have quite a project in front of you!
Good luck! Can't wait to see what follows in this thread! ;)

SouthernDissolution

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yea I'm excited. Its a pretty good layout. 2 foot of terrarium space tall, 4 foot wide and a foot of cabinet space for lights on top.
The front is gonna be solid glass, aside from the cabinet space up top for the lights. Gonna put another sick tile job in this one also. The door is going to be on the right hand side, also glass. I'm going with a dark red tile with the midnight black grout again, Its mostly gonna be solid cherry and cabinet grade blonde wood with a red mahogany stain. I can see it all on my head and you guys will soon enough. :)

Reactions: Jp

Strawberry

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
wow thats almost exactly the same space as my tank! mine is 2.5 ft deep, 3 ft tall without the stand and 4 ft wide! :)

SouthernDissolution

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
So far I've invested....

3/4 x 4 x 8 blondewood - $50

The solid cherry I had from a few trees I downed years back

2" aluminum vents 6 pack $3

I had all the stains and polys from previous projects, as far as work that's not done yet I have tile to buy, grout and sealer and more mastic which will run about $80 - $100

So on the heavy side around, I'm gonna estimate $250-$300. That's not counting my time and patience LOL...

its totally worth it though, you get a beautiful piece of furniture and a custom enclosure. Not to mention a happy Beardie =)

SouthernDissolution

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I worked in the shop some yesterday, didn't get any pics though. I'm going back tomorrow, I'll get more pics then....I wanted to work on it today but I had to work at the FD today. Oh well lol ...I'll keep ya posted

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Can't wait 2 see the finished product, I know ur gonna hook it up.

SouthernDissolution

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
So I managed to get the cabinet doors together and varnished today. They look like pure glass. The whole terrarium is gonna have this "wet" look. Notice the contrast in the oiled cherry to the mahogany stained panels. BEAUTIFUL in my eyes.

The picture really doesn't do it justice....

Glossy.jpg

Reactions: Jp

Latest posts