• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Day 2 with our baby mr.cell

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I agree sand is really bad for them and can cause impaction which could led to his death considering he’s so small. I suggest completing removing it out and using something that isn’t loose. A lot of people use tile for bearded dragons, even Sadie and myself use them, I also find that it helps keep their nails in check out when they are older. Of course if you don’t have any spare tiles on hand non adhesive shelf liner also works great I use that for my leopard gecko that or paper towel for the mean time. If you are going to use tiles do not grout it, the grout can emit fumes that are harmful to bearded dragons. But I do suggest to get rid of the sand asap.

Mr.cell

Bearded Dragon Egg
View attachment 25796

Okay guys I removed the sand and my new light will be here Monday anything else we can improve on for mr.cell??
20210212_204622.jpg

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
That looks great just keep a close eye on him, because the coil bulbs give off such a narrow range of uvb you may have to bring him a bit closer to it until you get the proper one. Let us know if you need any help with his diet or anything :)

Mr.cell

Bearded Dragon Egg
That looks great just keep a close eye on him, because the coil bulbs give off such a narrow range of uvb you may have to bring him a bit closer to it until you get the proper one. Let us know if you need any help with his diet or anything :)
Okay I've been feeding him kale and collar greens daily but he just picks at it and super worms and crickets . I have been dusting them . He has a pellets mix I add a little to his veggies. What do yall recommend? He has been eating good and just lost his first shed today in My care! I love seeing the red and orange pop off his back .

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Okay I've been feeding him kale and collar greens daily but he just picks at it and super worms and crickets . I have been dusting them . He has a pellets mix I add a little to his veggies. What do yall recommend? He has been eating good and just lost his first shed today in My care! I love seeing the red and orange pop off his back .
try to not give too many superworms or he could get impacted. Dubai roaches and crickets are great stable food for them at this age. A little guideline never feed him anything bigger than the space between his eyes, that goes with veggies and bugs. At that age their diet should be 80+% protein to 20% and be feed 2-3 times a day. When my Starbucks was that small he would usually demolish 60-80 crickets a day. The reason why is that they grow to be 200x their size in the first year and that takes a lot of energy to do which they get from their protein. Starbucks also hated veggies until he was around 7 months old so if your little guy gets turned off of veggies its not the end of the world, he will grow to like them when he's older. What you can and should do is gut load the feeders 24 hours before giving them to him, I fed my crickets collard greens and squash and potatoes to keep them hydrated. Also no mealworms, the outer skeleton can cause impaction in beardies. If your beardie does decide to go on an all protein diet they will tend to be on the more dehydrated side, baths everyday or every other day are super helpful to keep them hydrated, promote bowel movements and make shedding much easier. Just be careful because I gave Starbucks a bath everyday and accidentally trained him to go to the bathroom only in his tub. Now he won't go to the bathroom anywhere else, which can be a little stressful because if I don't bath him periodically he won't go at all lol.

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
try to not give too many superworms or he could get impacted. Dubai roaches and crickets are great stable food for them at this age. A little guideline never feed him anything bigger than the space between his eyes, that goes with veggies and bugs. At that age their diet should be 80+% protein to 20% and be feed 2-3 times a day. When my Starbucks was that small he would usually demolish 60-80 crickets a day. The reason why is that they grow to be 200x their size in the first year and that takes a lot of energy to do which they get from their protein. Starbucks also hated veggies until he was around 7 months old so if your little guy gets turned off of veggies its not the end of the world, he will grow to like them when he's older. What you can and should do is gut load the feeders 24 hours before giving them to him, I fed my crickets collard greens and squash and potatoes to keep them hydrated. Also no mealworms, the outer skeleton can cause impaction in beardies. If your beardie does decide to go on an all protein diet they will tend to be on the more dehydrated side, baths everyday or every other day are super helpful to keep them hydrated, promote bowel movements and make shedding much easier. Just be careful because I gave Starbucks a bath everyday and accidentally trained him to go to the bathroom only in his tub. Now he won't go to the bathroom anywhere else, which can be a little stressful because if I don't bath him periodically he won't go at all lol.
I just remember here’s a really good website on what bearded dragon can eat. Hope this helps

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
For diet what I do is 20-25 crickets a day. I do 10-12 in the morning salad in the afternoon and 10-12 crickets at night. I am going to order of off joshes frogs because I have heard good things. So with shipping and greens this comes up to a total Of 25 dallars a month witch is very very good. Some people pay over 100 dollars when this works just fine. He grows and gains wieght just fine. And i am going to give him hornworms once a month as a treat and to ad variety.

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
There are some great youtube videos for all things bearded dragon. I’d recommend Animal1Guy (just did a video on lighting, that blew a lot of misinformation out of the water,) and LizardGuru. Both have great and detailed information! He’s a cutie! Good luck with him!
I would go to wickens wicked reptiles he is a great small channel and reads though all his comments he is also really funny is and nice he has about 79k subs right know and his most popular video has 300k veiws

Mr.cell

Bearded Dragon Egg
2 days without power and we made it. Me and my family stayed up burning an alcohol stove in out living room for 36 hours to keep it warm enough for this little guy. Went a whole day without light or a place to go. All hotels where booked. We now have lights thank God. We had a flood but its all picked up. 3rd she'd since he joined our family. Tail is very orange can't wait for the rest to fall of as well .

Happy Wednesday
20210216_142531.jpg

Mr.cell

Bearded Dragon Egg
There are some great youtube videos for all things bearded dragon. I’d recommend Animal1Guy (just did a video on lighting, that blew a lot of misinformation out of the water,) and LizardGuru. Both have great and detailed information! He’s a cutie! Good luck with him!
Thank you so much!

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
2 days without power and we made it. Me and my family stayed up burning an alcohol stove in out living room for 36 hours to keep it warm enough for this little guy. Went a whole day without light or a place to go. All hotels where booked. We now have lights thank God. We had a flood but its all picked up. 3rd she'd since he joined our family. Tail is very orange can't wait for the rest to fall of as well .

Happy Wednesday
View attachment 25871
I’m so glad he did so well during the power outage. For the shed definitely recommend a bath it will make it come off much easier and prevent stuck on shed. Just make sure you condition the water first or use filtered water and that its no higher that his belly, babies are known to be able to drown easier. If you do get a lot of power outages I would suggest getting a small generator just so that they can still get some uvb even for a couple hours a day. after 2 days without uvb beardies can start to develop Muscular Bone Disease especially when they are that young and growing a lot. Glad he is doing so well :)

Kellyf1958

Bearded Dragon Egg
What a beautiful set up --- but please if your using a coil UVB of which I am guessing is in one of those domes please get rid of it and get this https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-terrarium-hood.html a 24"
this comes w/ a 5.0 bulb hang onto it as a back up distance and placement is different from a 10.0 bulb of which you need this https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-10.0-uvb-t5.html 22" bulb
Please get this ASAP --- the basking temps and UVB are the most important things in the tank --- you need digital probe thermometers to get actual basking temps they should be 105-110
When you get this replaced please post so I can help you get it set up in your tank
the coil UVB's are NO GOOD -- they cause all kinds of health issues and eventually death
I unfortunately did not know any of this when I got my first bearded dragon. Please listen to what they are telling you. Our baby did not survive. By the time we knew what was going on he was to sick to save. It caused us a lot of heart ache. We did after a while get another one and he's doing great.

Attachments

• 1612095467873.jpg
    1612095467873.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 13