• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Day 2 with our baby mr.cell

Mr.cell

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone! Just here to learn as much as I can about this little guy. Me and my wife are now proud owners of a Beautiful BD.
20210211_182140.jpg
20210211_182212.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello everyone! Just here to learn as much as I can about this little guy. Me and my wife are now proud owners of a Beautiful BD. View attachment 25778View attachment 25779
What a beautiful set up --- but please if your using a coil UVB of which I am guessing is in one of those domes please get rid of it and get this https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-terrarium-hood.html a 24"
this comes w/ a 5.0 bulb hang onto it as a back up distance and placement is different from a 10.0 bulb of which you need this https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-10.0-uvb-t5.html 22" bulb
Please get this ASAP --- the basking temps and UVB are the most important things in the tank --- you need digital probe thermometers to get actual basking temps they should be 105-110
When you get this replaced please post so I can help you get it set up in your tank
the coil UVB's are NO GOOD -- they cause all kinds of health issues and eventually death

Mr.cell

Bearded Dragon Egg
What a beautiful set up --- but please if your using a coil UVB of which I am guessing is in one of those domes please get rid of it and get this https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-terrarium-hood.html a 24"
this comes w/ a 5.0 bulb hang onto it as a back up distance and placement is different from a 10.0 bulb of which you need this https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-10.0-uvb-t5.html 22" bulb
Please get this ASAP --- the basking temps and UVB are the most important things in the tank --- you need digital probe thermometers to get actual basking temps they should be 105-110
When you get this replaced please post so I can help you get it set up in your tank
the coil UVB's are NO GOOD -- they cause all kinds of health issues and eventually death
Yes its is 2 zoomed repti sun 10.0s. I will definitely look into purchasing the different light if this is an issue. I have a 100w and 50w basking lamps on the hot side. It stays at 99 / 100 degrees at all times of the day. I am running a 9am to 9pm schedule.

Edit. In concentrated area I am getting 106.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes its is 2 zoomed repti sun 10.0s. I will definitely look into purchasing the different light if this is an issue. I have a 100w and 50w basking lamps on the hot side. It stays at 99 / 100 degrees at all times of the day. I am running a 9am to 9pm schedule.

Edit. In concentrated area I am getting 106.
Those temps are being taken w/ a digital thermometer or a IR gun if you don't have a digital probe thermometer please invest in one- and yes get rid of the coil--- you will start having issues w/ your baby- the place I posted is a good place to order from they are fast and ship Fed ex the shipping is reasonable too

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would also invest in a hygrometer - digital probe ones are good- place the probe on the center back wall of tank--- humidity should be 20% not lower and no higher than 70%-- good range is 25-50%

Mr.cell

Bearded Dragon Egg
Those temps are being taken w/ a digital thermometer or a IR gun if you don't have a digital probe thermometer please invest in one- and yes get rid of the coil--- you will start having issues w/ your baby- the place I posted is a good place to order from they are fast and ship Fed ex the shipping is reasonable too
Okay great , I own a hood for that bulb. I will make the purchase asap. I have a digital probe to check temps. Hydrometer is something I am also purchasing along with that bulb. Thank you for the information. I take this seriously and appreciate the feed back

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Okay great , I own a hood for that bulb. I will make the purchase asap. I have a digital probe to check temps. Hydrometer is something I am also purchasing along with that bulb. Thank you for the information. I take this seriously and appreciate the feed back
Does your hood have a reflector?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's that exact repti sun 5.0 hood 24" . I've been using it on a fish tank. I will find a replacement light for the fish and get the correct bulb you listed for my mr.cell
Good deal!! :) What type of screen is on the tank? Fine mesh like a screen door or a wide hole type? If it's a fine mesh it will need to go inside the tank- the screen will block 30% of the rays- distance and placement is crucial

Mr.cell

Bearded Dragon Egg
Good deal!! :) What type of screen is on the tank? Fine mesh like a screen door or a wide hole type? If it's a fine mesh it will need to go inside the tank- the screen will block 30% of the rays- distance and placement is crucial
I'm actually using egg crate . The tank was hoodless when got it from my friend haha

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm actually using egg crate . The tank was hoodless when got it from my friend haha
Ok your going to need a distance of 12-15 inches w/ basking decor directly underneath--

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Do you think I should just purchase the 36inch hood and bulb? I plan on doing this tonight
You don't want it full length of tank - they need to be able to escape the UVB rays w/ out hiding from it--- 2/3 of the tank is good

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
May i ask why the one light has foil on it, foil can emit fumes (and BDs do have a pretty good sense of smell) just a fyi , love your tank setup, if i may , beardies dont like seeing their reflections and it could be stressful, if you can put up backgrounds inside the tank, it’ll improve the lil guys mood :) also do you have any blankies in his hides? Bd love soft things and they love digging their beds .

Mr.cell

Bearded Dragon Egg
May i ask why the one light has foil on it, foil can emit fumes (and BDs do have a pretty good sense of smell) just a fyi , love your tank setup, if i may , beardies dont like seeing their reflections and it could be stressful, if you can put up backgrounds inside the tank, it’ll improve the lil guys mood :) also do you have any blankies in his hides? Bd love soft things and they love digging their beds .
The hood was yet wire so I added the foil until I got a new fixture but I ordered the 24inch 10.0 fixture last night to get the lighting corrected. And the back ground is going up tonight when I get off work. Me and my wife where actually discussing that last night. what do you mean by blankets? Like actual cloth? I do have 3 inches of sand is that enough?

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
This is even more true for baby because uvb light helps process calcium in vitamin d3 witch helps there bones grow right. The setup is very beautiful.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
The hood was yet wire so I added the foil until I got a new fixture but I ordered the 24inch 10.0 fixture last night to get the lighting corrected. And the back ground is going up tonight when I get off work. Me and my wife where actually discussing that last night. what do you mean by blankets? Like actual cloth? I do have 3 inches of sand is that enough?
Yes actual cloth, dont pin it down just lay it in one of the hides loose :) , and what kind of sand? Sand is a no-no if its not the right kind, if you can take a clenched fistfull and it falls through ur fingers thats the right kind, if it compacts and you have a fistfull of sand thats the bad kind(you specifically want sand thats rated “playsand”) id still put a lil dish cloth in there, i wrapped up my beardy when she was a baby and she loved it, you want as many textures as possible for them :) it’ll help desensitize him too so he wont eat ur carpet when hes older and running the house.