• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Chief the Bearded dragon

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
LOL no...I didn't mean have you cooked the squash YET, I meant I didn't know the squash was supposed to be cooked before feeding to the beardie. I've just been slicing the butternut squash I get into very very thin slices and giving it to her raw. I know she eats it I can see it on her face sometimes. I figured they dont have access to ovens or microwaves in the wild, so...hey there you go.
Should I not be feeding raw?

Laark

Hatchling Dragon
I have no idea xD Ive heard you need to cook it, but....you make a valid lack-of-microwaving point ;D

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
Maybe they just like it better warm and with a softer texture? Haha I'm confused now. Well as long as it's not BAD for them raw I guess that's whats important lol.

Laark

Hatchling Dragon
either way, happy beardie?

lol, chief is not appreciative at my harness attempts...

Dennis Cronin

Juvenile Dragon
Sorry, didn't read whole thread, just saw the tile diagram above and wanted to mention that I just used 2 18x18" tiles trimmed to fit. Less cutting, less cracks to get crud in. I used a slate-esque looking tile, very easy to clean, looks nice.

Laark

Hatchling Dragon
Sorry, didn't read whole thread, just saw the tile diagram above and wanted to mention that I just used 2 18x18" tiles trimmed to fit. Less cutting, less cracks to get crud in. I used a slate-esque looking tile, very easy to clean, looks nice.

I cut to fit and filled in the gaps between. it is very easy to clean, and she likes basking on the tile. So i see her sprawled everywhere at odd times.

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
good x.x i was worried.

i just picked up some veggies though.

turnip greens, collard greens, romaine lettuce, bok choy, and grapes! (the grapes are for me though :p) as well as the weekly crickets, and acorn and butternut squash. now...how do i cook squash XD I can find the recipes for spiced squash, but I dont think thats what i want.

I give my dragon acorn squash all the time. Peel or skin it (that's the tough part, peeling it is easier but you will lose some of the flesh). Toss the scraps in your roach or cricket bin. My roaches eat the scraps, skin and all. At some point cut it in half and scoop out the seeds. Your mom may want the seeds to roast them. Cut the flesh into small French fry shapes (I think mine likes it because I jiggle them like worms). Give your dragon as much as they will eat and freeze the rest. Every day you can take a few fries out and heat them in the microwave for a few seconds to thaw them and make them a little warm. One 1-2 lb squash can last me about two months in the freezer.

Also, you can give them mangoes as treats. My dragon loves mango, pineapple, carrots, and peeled grapes as treats. Lastly, I want to add that while hornworms do come in small sizes, they grow FAST and eat a LOT. I'd stay away from buying large numbers of them. It's tough for me because my dragon gets spoiled on them quick. I can only give her 2-3 a day or she will refuse everything else in the morning. Not good when you buy 1-2 cups with 25 in each one. :D

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Diggy had strawberry as a treat a couple of days ago and he luved it. :):) happy days

Laark

Hatchling Dragon
yes x.x im mostly trying to get size ;m; but im really getting frustrated and Im intending to just buy her a harness e.e

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Kinda looks like it might restrict shoulder movement. And kinda uncomfy. Would you like wearin it? Good start - keep tryin. The ribbon mite be a bit thin - cuttin into his breast. A wider tape will spread the tension out a bit. Maybe try a vest. And guie him time - this is really new!

Laark

Hatchling Dragon
I reshaped the leather a bit and cut into it to form complete holes around her shoulders/behind her ears. The ribbon is only attatched to the buckle, and isnt under the harness itself.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Id just save ur self the hasstle n buy 1 at least u no its safe n not gunna hurt ur beardie. ;)

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
I'd be inclined to agree...buy one online. I've seen some really cool ones, specially curved to fit the neck area and everything. I think that's what I'm gonna do when the weather starts to warm up :)

Latest posts