• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Chief the Bearded dragon

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Ok I notice you have two of the double zoo med housings.

So that leads me to believe you have the spiral UVB bulb. Which is very not good for your beardie. The don't provide sufficient UVB output only last like 3 months and worse yet can cause issues with your beardies eyes. Potentially make them go blind.

You should have the reptisun 10.0 UVB tube that sits behind your heat lamp as they need it with the basking spot.

Laark

Hatchling Dragon
i believe i do. I replaced the bulbs that came with the dual lamps as they burned out within a week. though i will check and see as soon as lights go out for her. right now shes on my lap again. she shows absolutely no stressers while out with me now. its relaxing

Laark

Hatchling Dragon
ill look into it, though do you have any idea what a price estimate would be? I don't happen to have a job, and my parents pay for all of this, so constantly switching bulbs is...really expensive for a low income family. any suggestions?

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Depending on the length u need but here they r like 50 bucks. But need to be replaced once a year.

It's expensive at first but consider this.

The spiral ones need to be replaced every 3 months because they loose UVB output and become useless.
The Repti glow ones every 6 months. So cost wise that way u save.

There is websites that sell em for 20 bucks I think that u can get in your area.

Laark

Hatchling Dragon
hopefully. Ill look for links and see if i cant convince my parents to order online. thanks for the help!

Laark

Hatchling Dragon
chiefs all about the cuddles! She is completely alright with being out of her tank on this cold day....well. as long as I keep that wonderful space heater on us :p its freezing over outside tonight.

another of sleepy chief on my old blanket....next to me x)

one more. she doesnt like my flash ;m;

last night i skimped out on her fave treat- baby meal worms... She noticed and did not approve!

seriously...

worms! now!

never thought i'd get so attached to her. before i started taking her out last week (when she hit a lovely 8 inches.) I didn't think she actually liked me. I guess I just needed to show her some love and give her my time. I'm so glad i got her. she's a great therapy lizard! definitely helps when I get sad.

Oh! and about that bulb, I have to wait a bit to get one as we are very low on funds. and I need the hood for the light first. it may have to wait until July, when I can buy it with my birthday money.

And on another note, I'm switching out her branch (after smelling a strong whiff of pine and realizing...its a pine branch...) to a two by four climbing set up. it'll be closer to her lights, but have two ramps on both sides of the tank, and will give her plenty of different heights at which to bask in.there will be Popsicle sticks placed on the ramps to help her climb a bit. I also need to figure out a way to hang a hammock for her... *continues planning everything in her head*

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
I hate to be the bearer of bad news :(... but at her age she should really not be having any mealworms, much less every day. Very hard to digest for babies under a year old. I am glad to hear you have yourself a wonderful cuddlebug tho!!:)

Laark

Hatchling Dragon
Alrighty, no meal worms then x) I had another group of people tell me small ones were fine. anywho, she's in her terrarium right now after eating. Ill give her an hour or two before i bring her back out.

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
Their exterior shells are much too hard on the digestive system I'm afraid. Small superworms are a bit easier on them but only occasionally. ..and make sure they're the appropriate size for your beardie :) Beardies can and will get spoiled on treat items fast if you let em lol.

Laark

Hatchling Dragon
Their exterior shells are much too hard on the digestive system I'm afraid. Small superworms are a bit easier on them but only occasionally. ..and make sure they're the appropriate size for your beardie :) Beardies can and will get spoiled on treat items fast if you let em lol.

do you have any suggestions for treats she can have now? I gave her a small (like...tiny cricket) sized piece of apple (with no skin) and she ate that pretty quickly. But that was the only vegetation she's eaten so far. Im trying to get a bit of veggies or fruit into her, along with her crickets.

Latest posts