• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Chief the Bearded dragon

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
Horn worms...too big unless beardie is fully grown, they're huge. Wax and butter worms are smaller 1/2-1 inch long depending. IMO a good treat if you're tryin to get veggies and fruit in her might be butternut squash. Too many worms might spoil her and she may not want her crickets. Look on the Nutrition Chart for some other tasty sounding "occasional" veggie items :)

Laark

Hatchling Dragon
do you guys have any particular veggie concotions for your beardies? as in, what veggies do you give your beardies together?

ill see if the petsmart here carries any silk and butter worms

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
do you guys have any particular veggie concotions for your beardies? as in, what veggies do you give your beardies together?

ill see if the petsmart here carries any silk and butter worms

Kale acorn squash
Bok choy
Dandelion
Collards

My a beardies one day devour it than say nope this **** is gross than eat it the next...........

If your petsmart has butter worms your one lucky girl. I have to order mine threw a 3rd party and they can't get any right now due to weather and that they come from China. Also r stupid expensive.

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
With my last beardie Banyon I used to get them in the bait section at Walmart...is that bad should I not have gotten them there? I got wax worms there too they were usually super fat and nice looking.

Laark

Hatchling Dragon
Ill see if i can get my dad to take me to walmart to get those things. ill check and see if they have worms too.

Laark

Hatchling Dragon
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1/1902825_566649430097896_2131043245_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1/1013507_566649290097910_331261627_n.jpg

just fed chief andshe looks a little....fat. she's using the bathroom regularly (almost the exact same time every day, with healthy...LARGE poops.) so I dont think she's impacted or anything. just....fat? maybe? I can't be sure, as Ive never actually held a beardie until I held chief. Nor have I seen a fat beardie vs. skinny, or healthy?

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Definitely not fat.

uploadfromtaptalk1392411502257.jpg

This is though lol.

Laark

Hatchling Dragon
good x.x i was worried.

i just picked up some veggies though.

turnip greens, collard greens, romaine lettuce, bok choy, and grapes! (the grapes are for me though :p) as well as the weekly crickets, and acorn and butternut squash. now...how do i cook squash XD I can find the recipes for spiced squash, but I dont think thats what i want.

Laark

Hatchling Dragon
I used a puree thing x.x but they ended up about that size =) her crickets at least wont starve....even if she still refuses to touch any of it XD

Laark

Hatchling Dragon
not yet. My mother is in the kitchen cooking. :p But i did take care of the crickets. they get fed tons of different things x,x also, my mom bought me a mango for chief and her crickets, but im not sure if they can eat mangos?

Latest posts