• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Building enclosure

2Pacalypse

Juvenile Dragon
It's been a while, but here's an update on the finished enclosure.
That is fckn awesome! I'm looking for a larger enclosure & tired of googling! Someone here said melamine wood is safe? I found an awesome 48" tank cheap ($340 for ledge & huge hidey hole built in) but googling said it gives off fumes when heat is added. Too much conflicting stuff when it comes to beardies..
You deserve an award for that enclosure!

Yvonne G

Administrator
3 Year Member
@Julee1971 : You may have lots of experience and knowledge, and you COULD be a terrific resource here on our Forum, but your delivery leaves much to be desired. You turn people off with your know-it-all attitude. Try to soften your approach by using phrases like, ". . . in my opinion. . . " or, ". . . this has worked for me in the past.. . " or, ". . . in my experience. . ."and then add the info. Don't tell people they have to do whatever. Try to be more diplomatic and you'll get your point across better.

All of this arguing back and forth turns people away.

2Pacalypse

Juvenile Dragon
@Julee1971 : You may have lots of experience and knowledge, and you COULD be a terrific resource here on our Forum, but your delivery leaves much to be desired. You turn people off with your know-it-all attitude. Try to soften your approach by using phrases like, ". . . in my opinion. . . " or, ". . . this has worked for me in the past.. . " or, ". . . in my experience. . ."and then add the info. Don't tell people they have to do whatever. Try to be more diplomatic and you'll get your point across better.

All of this arguing back and forth turns people away.
Excuse me? Maybe you mistook what I said. Altho all I did was reply to someone by agreeing with their comment & making a joke about earning a commision.
Not understanding why that would offend you & who ever liked your rant?
I am in no way an expert & don't pretend to be. Where did you even get the idea that Im experienced or knowledgeable by my very short comment?

I apologise if I turned anybody off with my know it all attitude. My intentions are not to even pretend that know basic BD care,
I come here to get info because I will be the first to admit that I don't know **** but you didn't have to leave a rude comment calling me out in front of everyone else, it would have taken an extra minute to msg me privately to tell me how others feel about me.

I will say it again-I am sorry if what I said offended any one of you. I was honestly making a lil joke that got taken the wrong way & any comments I have made in the past were never too make others think I'm a know it all. I was actually asking for info because I don't know ****

Pedroluna0

Hatchling Dragon
Excuse me? Maybe you mistook what I said. Altho all I did was reply to someone by agreeing with their comment & making a joke about earning a commision.
I am in no way an expert & don't pretend to be. Where did you even get the idea that Im experienced or knowledgeable by my very short comment?

I apologise if I turned anybody off with my know it all attitude. My intentions are not to even pretend that know basic BD care,
I come here to get info because I will be the first to admit that I don't know **** but you didn't have to leave a rude comment calling me out in front of everyone else, it would have taken an extra minute to msg me privately to tell me how others feel about me.

I will say it again-I am sorry if what I said offended any one of you. I was honestly making a lil joke that got taken the wrong way & any comments I have made in the past were never too make others think I'm a know it all. I was actually asking for info because I don't know ****
Uh...@Yvonne's message was directed to @Julee1971

Yvonne G

Administrator
3 Year Member

@2Pacalypse - my post was directed to Julee, as you see by her name being the first thing I typed.

Last edited:

2Pacalypse

Juvenile Dragon
@2palcalypse - my post was directed to Julee, as you see by her name being the first thing I typed.
Yes. Somebody pointed that out already.
I do apologise for misreading that!
Was confusing on why you thot I was a know-it-all but clicking on an email, I read it without realizing it was aimed at another.
I am really sorry!

2Pacalypse

Juvenile Dragon
Well . . . er . . . reading all this I wasn't sure if I wanted to cheer or laugh. I did, however, want to thank @Yvonne G for stepping in and giving much needed advice to Julie as an Administrator. Hopefully, it will have more clout as we've had little success in our endeavors. THANK YOU!
Gotta say that I had so many laughs reading through this post. Shame that it ends..

Pedroluna0

Hatchling Dragon
Same, im glad its over though
True. I came for advice and ended up getting some good entertainment lol.

It's been over a week since he's moved in to his new place and he seems to really like it!

Attachments

• Snapchat-182606457.jpg
    Snapchat-182606457.jpg
    535.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Snapchat-59253473.jpg
    Snapchat-59253473.jpg
    451.8 KB · Views: 7

dharvey4651

Hatchling Dragon
It's been a while, but here's an update on the finished enclosure.
Wish I had the time and patience to build a nice custom enclosure like this. I ended up buying a tank from Zen when my beardie outgrew his 40 gallon. It's a nice tank and I definitely went overboard and absolutely overpaid but it works for us for now.

Your tank looks great and you should be proud! Now to get it up on a stand.

Pedroluna0

Hatchling Dragon
Wish I had the time and patience to build a nice custom enclosure like this. I ended up buying a tank from Zen when my beardie outgrew his 40 gallon. It's a nice tank and I definitely went overboard and absolutely overpaid but it works for us for now.

Your tank looks great and you should be proud! Now to get it up on a stand.
Thank you! I definitely am proud lol. I'm not a construction guy whatsoever but I learned from watching my dad when he did home projects and googling certain tips and tricks.

And once I have free time again, the stands are definitely next (I'm working the next 3 weeks straight Dx). It's pretty convenient right now though because I can just open the cage and he goes in and out as he pleases lol

dharvey4651

Hatchling Dragon
It's pretty convenient right now though because I can just open the cage and he goes in and out as he pleases lol
Man if I thought for even a second that my dragon would survive 2 mins outside of his tank on the floor in my house... LOL.

I've got a 70lb boxer, a 55lb pit mix, a toddler, a 9 year old, and an 11 year old.

If Charlie didn't get eaten, he'd get stepped on for sure!

Pedroluna0

Hatchling Dragon
Man if I thought for even a second that my dragon would survive 2 mins outside of his tank on the floor in my house... LOL.

I've got a 70lb boxer, a 55lb pit mix, a toddler, a 9 year old, and an 11 year old.

If Charlie didn't get eaten, he'd get stepped on for sure!
Oof lol. I wouldn't risk it.

It's just me, my wife, and her 2 elderly chihuahuas, so I'm letting him have his freedom until my wife and I decide to have kids.

Latest posts