• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby Ludek (Ludo)

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon
He has still been on and off with food which is worrying me.
He seems to only eat if I'm around!
I've just weighed him and he is 208grams and just over 14" long.

He's temps are always bang on. He seems active when I'm around. Could it be he wants more of my attention?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356713153.685061.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356713201.683757.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356713264.050838.jpg

If anyone could put my worries at ease I'd be grateful.

Hope everyone and their dragons have had a wonderful Christmas

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Looks quite healthy in the pics. If your temps & other husbandry is spot on, & it is periodically eating, I wouldn't be overly concerned. They know better than we do what they need, at any given time, our job is to make sure that the healthy choices are there for them to make their own choices.

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon
I'm really thinking its the change in weather over here as he is still eating very little of anything and keeps digging when I take his hide out.
He is sleeping an awful lot too, I've weighed him and he's lost a little, down to 205 grams

Temps are all correct so don't know what else to do. I'm more worried that with his lack of food he's not taking enough calcium onboard.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361806291.097281.jpg

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon
Been a while since I've logged on as been super busy with work. Ludo pretty much started eating properly again around early April. He's been eating lots so am glad he is starting to bulk out a little. Still wont touch his greens though so am thinking I'll leave live food for a few days in the hope he will eat them.

He has just shed his body but not face or tail and hasn't gone off food so all good, now he's getting a little older I may add some more bits to his viv like a hammock and will put his hide back in.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369145401.316170.jpg

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379170869.454550.jpg

Been a while as been hectic with work over the last few months.

He's much more active these days although no matter what I do he is still refusing to eat greens.

He weighs just over 400 grams but unsure if that's adequate enough. He is 15" in length now, no longer a baby as he is just over a year old now so I'm wondering how much bigger he'll get being a red leatherback I'm not sure he'll get as big as a normal beardie.

Many thanks for everybody's help and advice :)

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon
I think he is about to go into his winter slow down as he is spending much more time digging and eating less.

I've recently taken his log out and changed his viv around a little, after his appetite got a little lighter.

He is still a stubborn so and so with his greens his live food is the only thing that gains from it!

I've also moved him downstairs so have had to get extra heating in as its a colder room but in the mornings when the sun comes out it brightens the room up.

I'm hoping he doesn't completely shut down over winter as he has already lost about 10 grams :-(

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384013354.775074.jpg

Latest posts