• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby Ludek (Ludo)

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon
Eating like a trooper today :)

Started getting him out for a little while each day, for a run around. I'm hoping he'll be less moody now.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351005384.524797.jpg

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon
Still eating well and seems settled, he's loving his crickets no too which is good.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351158099.877622.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351158113.942712.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351158126.427240.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351158141.343448.jpg

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
How's baby Ludek doing, Dizzy? Glad to hear he's eating well again!

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon
He's like me pretty much where he'll stuff his face once every couple of days but will eat a bit less on other days.

He seems to be eating his greens but I'm yet to actually see him in the act lol

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Yes! Glad he's doing so great! They tend to gorge themselves one day and be full still the next day sometimes. Nothing to worry about :).

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon

My Girlfriend saw him eating his salad yesterday so I know fur sure he's touching it. He has to learn some table manners though as he seems to enjoy walking through his greens!

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon
getting colder here now so may have to use a CHE during the winter instead as I don't want his tank going under 68C

The only other thought I had was letting the bulb cool down then swap to CHE and repeat in the morning.

Still need scales but waiting for pay day!

He seems bigger now at least.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351541240.723993.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351541266.399519.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351541282.148784.jpg

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
getting colder here now so may have to use a CHE during the winter instead as I don't want his tank going under 68C

The only other thought I had was letting the bulb cool down then swap to CHE and repeat in the morning.

If you think you will need to use a CHE and your enclosure doesn't have a socket for one then I would suggest installing one. You can get a porcelain socket for just a few bucks at Home Depot and it is possible to get one that wont require you drilling a large hole to install it. I'm suggesting this because you will find that the CHE takes awhile to cool down and you can easily burn yourself on it and even more than that constantly swapping out your basking bulb will greatly shorten the life of the bulb. If you install a socket just for CHE use then in the warm months you can remove the CHE and they make safety plugs to cover the open socket.

Also remember that it is best to run a CHE with a thermostat to regulate it. CHE heat continuously builds and using one especially in an enclosure such as you have without a thermostat poses a risk of it heating the enclosure too much.

Just something to consider:)
Enjoy!!

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon
The thermostat I have already can run two sets of lighting so I will definitely install another lamp. His tank got down to 68 without any heat last night so it will be needed if we have a cold snap.

Thanks again for your advice, I hope Mungi is continuing to get stronger!

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon
He's gone of his food slightly over the last day or so and hadn't pooped. Noticed around his mouth is shedding, bizarre as he shed his head a month ago. Anyways big present in the viv about an hour after he woke lol and he was busy chasing down his crickets this morning.
I am off all day tomorrow so he'll get a day with his dad!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352978064.967605.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352978083.617948.jpg

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon
Still doing well just approaching 14 inches and looking porky enough.

I've taken him off crickets as its easier with locusts, and less smelly and my girlfriend doesn't mind them as much.

I'm very busy at work at the moment so not spent as much time with him but it seems he's getting restless. He only picks at his feeders when my GF feeds him. Also when I feed first thing once coming home he still has some left but I point out they are there when coming home and he'll eat. He also scratches at the glass a lot when I'm in the room.

Ill post pics later as other than that he seems relatively settled. Perhaps convince the mrs to handle him more?

Also I've noticed overnight the temp in tank has got to 65c is this too low?

If so whilst the temps are low ill have to switch to CHE, he has his uv tube which is over his basking spot and is taking plenty of calcium. I'm just worried he'll get mbd if I switch.

He's touching greens every other day now which is pleasing I shouldn't imagine it'll be too long until another shed.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
65F is okay, any lower & I would supplement a small amount of heat just to take the edge off, to the higher 60sF or low 70s.
If so whilst the temps are low ill have to switch to CHE, he has his uv tube which is over his basking spot and is taking plenty of calcium. I'm just worried he'll get mbd if I switch.
I am confused :confused:, switch what?

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
You should be keeping uvb and heat in his tank, don't switch out his uvb light for a che... I think that's what he's talking about.

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon
No at the moment I always have UVB as you're supposed to but for heat during the day I'm using a halogen spotlight it's just at the moment the temps are bordering on too low overnight.

Hence during the cold snap I was thinking if switching to CHE with his uv tube.

Thanks

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
No at the moment I always have UVB as you're supposed to but for heat during the day I'm using a halogen spotlight it's just at the moment the temps are bordering on too low overnight.

Hence during the cold snap I was thinking if switching to CHE with his uv tube.

Thanks
Gotcha. The white light is best for them during the day, but definitely put the CHE on during the night time to keep it around 65F.

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon
Just a little concerned as over the last week he has only been touching his greens and only taking a couple of locusts until this morning where he had 8.

I switched a CHE overnight the night before last to keep him at 68-70c I'm worried he was either too cold or that he is maybe looking to Brumate?

I had a log hide in there and I'm pretty sure he never ventured out on Thursday as I had lights on then left for work and was out all day and when I felt him he was quite cold.

I removed the hide and today he has seemed much more active already. He also seems to be digging much more, nothing to worrying. He's approaching 6-7 months old and is approximately 14" tail to snout. If its brimstone I'm worried as I don't know if he's big enough to carry it out.

Basking spots always between 105 and 110c uv tube is also covering the spot and I have foil around it to help.

Cool side is at 80-85c

Ill continue to monitor as I think it might be he was getting too cold, as have we over the last week! Thankfully it has warmed up slightly.

Latest posts