• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby Ludek (Ludo)

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon

Just another thing. I have him on a 12/12 cycle but he seems pretty alert already when I go to turn his lights etc on.
Would it be worthwhile getting a towel or something to cover the tank so he doesn't lose out on sleep?

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Using a towel or sheet over his enclosure is an option but not usually necessary unless you have his enclosure in a high traffic area with lots of constant light on. Even at that he will probably sleep regardless when he is tired and wake when he is ready. These creatures are much smarter than us and know what they need better than us. You can encourage better sleep by turning off all lights.
Enjoy your day!:)

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon
I do have the blinds down etc and lucky that in the spare room he has it pretty much to himself.
He's eating well and has shed quite a lot and pooping on average every other day.

Have quite a few people over tonight for the Football (soccer for those the other side of the pond lol)

I've already said I'm not getting him out so not to distress him.

Thanks again :)

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon
I'm guessing this is just him regulating his temp?

Either that or he's smiling at me.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350136570.126231.jpg

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon
At it again!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350208463.016430.jpg

He seems to of gone off crickets and prefers locusts though. Going to be stubborn today and see if he'll take them.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350208640.388833.jpg

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon
Little bit concerned now as he's hardly eaten since Friday.

He had 6 XL locusts and some crickets on Friday.

On Saturday he wouldn't touch Crickets so I put in some locusts and he ate 2 but no more.

Same on Sunday and yesterday he had one locust but doesn't go near any crickets.

I've thrown in 6 locusts this morning but so far again he has only eaten one.

I've got the basking spot between 108-112 and the cool side is down to mid to high 80's

He has pooped quite a lot and yesterday I bathed him and he pooped.

Just find it strange that he seems less settled now. He hasn't been overly handled and he seems more alert but picking him up and looking at him he looks less plump.

I hope I'm not worrying over nothing serious :-(

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon
Just as I was typing he had another 2 locusts. I don't know why he won't touch crickets though.

I have a pic from this morning and a week ago.

As I said he feels less plump when picking him up.

Last week

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350376944.116835.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350376969.555533.jpg

This week

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350377115.289907.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350377136.305857.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350377148.239301.jpg

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon
Much better after all today as when I got home from work he ate around 7 large ones. I know it doesn't sound much but it's better than nothing. I think he's struggling with the speed of them.
I know the shop fed him nothing but locusts so he's never dealt with them before.
Crickets are much cheaper too so was worrying a bit.

I bought him out before bed and my girlfriend held him and when I put my hand out he went to me quite easily.

I think once his routine is completely settled all will be ok. I must get some scales too.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Dizzy, it looks like your dragon is shedding, they can get super finicky when they're shedding about eating. I'm sure it'll come around, just give it some time.

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon
Thanks a lot :)

When he shed around his head last week he seemed fine and had an appetite.

He's done 4 XL Locusts today and around 7-8 crickets and has pooped again.

I have been misting him too. I suppose ill worry more as its all new to me. Hopefully he'll shed soon so I can rest easy :)

Thanks again Aleena :)

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Not a problem at all :). You can try cutting locusts out altogether. That may increase his appetite with crickets. Don't use them as a staple, use them as a treat if you want him on crickets.

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon
I've only got a few locusts left so ill probably feed a few dusted ones Today with his calcium supplement then ill just feed crickets.

I was just as bad with my food as a youngster :)

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon
I think he must be psychic and knew I had only crickets now. He's eaten around 15 this morning and I've misted him.

I let him have a run around the living room yesterday and seemed to like exploring.

His back is slowly shedding, not anywhere near as quick as his top half but I suppose that's due to less joints etc to aid it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350639617.575539.jpg

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon
He's shed lots yesterday which I'm pleased about. His colourings are brighter now as expected.

Not really interested in his food today which is a little surprising as I'd if thought he'd feel more comfortable today.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350734090.903128.jpg

Latest posts