• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sandy's Eggs Hatching

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hatching out a week before their 'Due Date', Day 57.

Checked them & there were three noses poking out, 10 minutes later there were 8. One crawled out within the hour. 4 hrs later second one just crawled out while I'm typing this & still only 6 peeking out.

EggsHatching001.jpg

EggsHatching009.jpg

EggsHatching010.jpg

EggsHatching023.jpg

EggsHatching037.jpg

Vids & more pics to follow.

Pat B

Super Moderator
You have just gotta be the Proudest PaPa evah!! LOL....wonderful wonderful pictures....and the question of the day is....how are you going to feed all those babies?? :D

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So I got up this morning expecting to have more out of the eggs & running around, But everything was exactly as it was last night. Had me concerned that maybe they didn't make it through the night.

But within an hour of the lights being on, I looked in the lids had moved and there were 4 more out of the egg. Just now the 5th one crawled out, so all that were peeking out of the egg yesterday have completed hatching. 3 more are peeking out.

EggsHatching001-1.jpg

This one just came out of the egg not a minute before the pic was taken ...
EggsHatching002.jpg

EggsHatching004.jpg

EggsHatching005.jpg

So 8 down, 8 more to go & 2 serious doubtfuls. The 2 huge darker eggs have not hatched, so am curious there, too.

Thanks for looking.

Pat B

Super Moderator
Just amazing....Are you going to keep maybe just one? A nice reminder of your dragons getting hooked up together....lol....:D

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thinking maybe 2, possibly 3, the others are older, nice to have some young ones to liven things up. ;) These hatchlings are looking like they should have come from Dinah rather than Sandy with all the greys.

Pat B

Super Moderator
This would be a good one for you to keep. Looks like he/she would give you a run for your money!! LOL!! Just but a day old and showing you he/she is the BOSS!! Way to funny....enjoy your babies!:eek:

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
It's amazing how much they lighten up in a few weeks. You'll notice a considerable difference with their first shed. Congrats! They all look so adorable! I want to snuggle with them. Dang, might be baby hungry again myself. It has been a minute.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Day 59 - No change again over night, but after the lights came on, must have woke them because 2 crawled out within about 45 minutes & then 1 more about 90 Minutes later.

EggsHatching010-1.jpg

EggsHatching016.jpg

EggsHatching011.jpg

What is left ...
EggsHatching015.jpg

#12 Just immediately before crawling completely out, this is the one that was in the huge darker egg ...
EggsHatching013.jpg

Immediately after ...
EggsHatching019.jpg

One of the empty eggs ...
EggsHatching003.jpg

4 more to go, the 2 smaller eggs that haven't grown since day one & I have been doubtful of all along & am surprised that they have lasted this long, are beginning to dimple & deplete, don't have much hope for them.
EggsHatching021.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

Pat B

Super Moderator
Wow....just so amazing how a perfect teeny tiny dragon comes out of an egg. Can't you 'look' inside the two that are questionable and see if there is a baby in there? Thank you for taking the time to post pics and video. What a cool thing to watch and see. :cool:

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The majority of these guys are over 4.5" long at hatching, I've seen 3.5-4" in pet stores.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow....just so amazing how a perfect teeny tiny dragon comes out of an egg. Can't you 'look' inside the two that are questionable and see if there is a baby in there? Thank you for taking the time to post pics and video. What a cool thing to watch and see. :cool:
The eggs are too soft to pick up to candle now, I am attempting to raise the humidity for those 2 but don't hold much hope, those 2 were really iffy right from the beginning if you check back on the other thread.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Before someone decides to tell me that I have had it open too much to take all the pics, I would like to say that almost all of them were taken through glass. I removed one of the inside windows, polished the inside side with shampoo, (An old trick I learned so my face shield wouldn't steam up while snowmobiling.) so the condensation wouldn't collect on it. Temp & humidity has been maintained other than when removing the hatchlings.

EggsHatching022-1.jpg

Pat B

Super Moderator
Why would anyone say something?? You have done as awesome job bringing your babies to hatch. As for the 2....you can't say you didn't try.

Latest posts